[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this attack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: FFVII_Super_Nova.png (192 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
FFVII_Super_Nova.png
192 KB, 640x428
What was the point of this attack?
>>
>>319615280
It's the equivalent of the Spirit Bomb from DBZ, it just looks cool.
>>
>>319615280
to show how powerful Sephiroth is
>>
>>319615280
To be impressive. And it is...the first time you see it. Afterwards, its a fucking chore to sit through. I thought I was getting a game over the first time I saw the attack.
>>
Fuck Pluto, that's what.
>>
It causes frog and confusion, while dealing percentage based damage. The Japanese version had a much shorter cutscene for it.
>>
FF7 devs decided to one-up all the previous FF games' final boss super attack while they were at it.
>>
What if this move was meant to be a brick wall move for players who some how managed to get this far without investing in cure materia? It only does %dmg so its impossible to die too this move and if you have regen or cure 3 its easy enough to recover but if you only have items you have to use one rare item (megaelixir) or lose 1 or 2 partymembers trying to X potion them?
>>
>>319615926
Are they confused as why the solar system didn't actually blow up like they thought it did?
>>
File: 1413904647007.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1413904647007.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>Causes supernova
>the sun expands and the edge of it reaches Cloud's face
>deals minimal damage, and the planet is still okay

I would be quite alright with it if this shit was removed from the remake
>>
>>319615961
>>319615926
Also in the Japanese version it didn't do percentage based damage, so it could kill party members.
>>
To show you that even with the force of the universe, Sephiroth is still a little bitch of a mummy's boy.
>>
>>319616549

Don't forger he only has one ball, no wonder he's so pissed.
>>
>>319616231
>deals minimal damage
>%based attack
>>
>>319615280
>using Yuffie
>ever
>Not Cloud/Vincent/Cid, who are capable of dealing consistently high damage
>or Cloud/Barret/Cid if you don't have vincent's Death Penalty
>>
>>319615280
>What was the point of this attack?
Needlessly consuming minutes to pad play time, like 95% of the game
>>
>>319615280
I remember having two teammates turned into a frog while the last one used a megalixer on Sephiroth. Always forget shit does status ailments.
>>
I always assumed Sephiroth actually looked something like Bizarro Sephiroth by this point, due to the cells, and he was just mind raping everyone to see what he wanted them to.
>>
>>319618165
>Being a kek
>>
Because it was the PSX. 3D graphics was a new toy, and devs wanted to show off how cool it was.

Pretty much any early-era PSX JRPG has unnecessarily long spell/ability animations. Super Nova and KOTR were just notorious for that.
>>
It's not real, you're in another dimension where Sephiroth is god and he creates and destroys the solar system just to kill you

Why doesn't he just choose to uncreate you if your in his world? No idea, maybe Aerith's prayer protecting you
>>
>>319618649
8 and 9 suffer from it
>>
Make you shit yourself once
>>
>>319618852
Yeah I remember that transforming boat robot summon in 9 was super long winded.
It did look cool though.
>>
File: nothin personal squid.jpg (290 KB, 673x625) Image search: [Google]
nothin personal squid.jpg
290 KB, 673x625
>>319615280
>have knights of the round linked with copycat and auto phinix
>20 min animations later emerald oneshots me from full health
>his face when
>>
>>319615280
Really? It's

>>319615502
This

It really is. The attack is gravity based, and inflicts some status debuffs. Funny enough, Tifa didn't have protection from Confusion and actually killed Cloud and Barret when I was playing it the first time because she had my speed plus materia and was faster then either of them. Needless to say, she received the Ribbon from then on.
>>
It was really cool for the first time, but when he started to spam it, and I realized that it couldn't finish me I felt underwhelmed, didn't help that I was pretty under leveled for the fight.
>>
>>319615950
That's a laugh, Kefka had probably the worst attack. Heartless Angel hit everyone and brought them down to 1 HP and he usually was able to go multiple times a turn. I've had him do Heartless Angel and then Forsaken right afterwards.

Sephiroth's attack pattern meant that he would never cast an AoE spell after using Supernova, so you were never in danger of dying unless someone got confused.
>>
>>319616231
>doesn't understand what happens in game-play isn't canon
>doesn't realise if Sephiroth actually used super nova it would destroy the solar system easily
>>
>>319619496
>under leveled

Sephiroth's stats and Bizarro Sephiroth's stats changes depending on the average party level. It's actually easier to fight him when you're at a low level.
>>
>>319619762
Ah, that's pretty neat more final bosses should do that. Xenoblade could've used that.
>>
>>319619712
Well, more like the spell effect isn't actually literal. Supernova itself is canon, but more the Japanese version, which is just a HUGE explosion that can be seen from space. It's suppose to be Sephiroth's Limit Break.
>>
>>319619762
also sephiroth gets 80,000 more HP if Knights of the Round is castedd on Bizarro Sephiroth as a middle finger from the devs
>>
Over the top animations? I dont have any saved
>>
>>319615280
So what was the point of the math equations during the sequence?
>>
>>319620102
Tons of enemies that can survive Knights have a response to it. Like Emerald Weapon will cast Materia Storm if you use it.
>>
Any one have a link to wtf the math equations meant at the beginning? It was made by Asians so I would not be surprised if its the mathematical equivalent of saying your fucked
>>
>>319616071
>>319616231
It destroys OUR solar system, not theirs
>>
>>319620597
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>319620304
scientific magic!!!
>>
>>319616231
What if it's changed to be a more lethal move then?
>>
>>319620304
To look cool
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.