[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody know what the lines and pixel shit is in my skyrim? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: what is that.png (4 MB, 1598x896) Image search: [Google]
what is that.png
4 MB, 1598x896
Anybody know what the lines and pixel shit is in my skyrim? It's only there with enb's and it's on most of my textures. I tried turning off ambient occlusion but it doesn't change anything. Also I have a r9 390
>>
File: plz.png (236 KB, 1785x930) Image search: [Google]
plz.png
236 KB, 1785x930
plz
>>
Fried card
>>
File: the lines on her skin.png (2 MB, 1573x891) Image search: [Google]
the lines on her skin.png
2 MB, 1573x891
>>319608218
Seriously?? But I just bought it
And it's not happening in my other games or without enb in this game
>>
>>319607316
It's shadow fuckery.
>>
Does it have some sort of "retro" shader packaged with it?
>>
>AMD

ENB wont work.
>>
>>319609118
its the shader you autistic basement dweller.

gtfo with that fucked up body mod
>>
>>319607316
>>319607965
Learn how to press PrntScr.
>>
>>319607316
>AMD
Biggest problem

Second is just shadows in Skyrim in general.
It gave me a huge headache when the game was new, didn't even have ENBs out by then
>>
File: shade maybe.png (3 MB, 1596x903) Image search: [Google]
shade maybe.png
3 MB, 1596x903
>>319609278
I believe this. It's not always apparent and it's more prominent in the shade outside. But sometimes it becomes static seemingly on the screen itself

>>319609460
I got illusion enb if that's what you mean

>>319609537
I still get 60fps and it still looks nice

>>319609656
lol what do you mean by shader?
>>
>>319609696
my images come out over 5mb
>>
>>319609743
>I still get 60fps and it still looks nice

Good for you. ENB wont work properly.
>>
>>319609743
>whats a shader
e....n.....b?
>>
>>319609743
>I believe this. It's not always apparent and it's more prominent in the shade outside. But sometimes it becomes static seemingly on the screen itself

Yeah. It's the rendering engine not being able to figure out the shadows.

As for the full screen thing, I noticed that even the vanilla game has a pixely or grainy looking overlay on random displays. Like you're playing through a window screen.
>>
>>319609947
damn so there's nothing I can do? I won't get nvidia until pascal comes out

>>319610081
lol oh. Sorry I'm new to basement dwelling
>>
it looks like the game is using the wrong LOD models. does it happen with ENB turned off as well?
>>
>>319610316
Nope. Only happens with enb on
>>
>>319610457
I dunno shit about ENBs specific to Skyrim (since it's a shit game) but I've has odd issues with other games and certain versions of ENB series that were fixed when using a different version or configuration of ENB. look around, try a couple other (back up your current one in case they're all fucked) and see if it persists.
>>
>>319607316
search in your harddrive for a folder called system32, its an old junk folder windows never got rid of related to directx graphics.
>>
>>319611276
i forgot to mention, you just need to delete the folder.
>>
>>319611276
First thing I tried obviously, it didn't work :\
>>
>>319611554
Click "Start" on the menu bar located at the bottom of your screen.

Click "Run" to open a dialog box.

Enter "cmd" into the box and click "OK" to open a command prompt. A new window will appear.

Take ownership of System32 files by entering the following the command:

takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\en-US\<FILENAME>

Replace <FILENAME> with the actual name of each individual file. For instance, if you choose to take ownership of the file aaclient.dll.mui, you would enter the command "takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\en-US\ aaclient.dll.mui". Repeat this command for each individual file you want to delete. This process does not delete the file -- it only gives you ownership of the file.

Run the Access Control List command for each file over which you take control. This will allow you to delete it by entering the following command:

cacls C:\Windows\System32\en-US\<FILENAME> /G <USERNAME>:F

Replace <FILENAME> with the actual name of the each individual file and replace <USERNAME> with the account name that you use on your computer. For instance, if you want to obtain control of the file aaclient.dll.mui and your account name is ComputerBoy, you would enter the command "cacls C:\Windows\System32\en-US\aaclient.ddl.mui /G ComputerBoy:F." Repeat this command for each individual file you want to delete.

Close the command prompt.

Open Windows Explorer.

Click on the folder titled "C:" to reveal subfolders.

Click on the folder titled "Windows" to reveal more subfolders.

Scroll down and click on the folder titled "System32" to reveal the system subfolders.

Open the folder titled "en-US." This will reveal all of the files you want to delete.

Right-click on each file you choose to delete, one by one and select "Delete" to delete the file from your hard drive.

Restart your computer.
>>
>>319611781
Literally the second thing I tried. I'm thorough bro don't doubt me. I've tried it on every pc I've ever had and I've had many. It never helps :/
>>
>>319609743
Jesus christ, you sound new to technology. Look up either STEP for Skyrim or /tesg/'s guide. If you can't read, watch Gopher's vids on youtube. Learn to mod before you mod. Also, ditch the body crap.
>>
>>319607316
>>319609118
Turn shadowfilter to 3 in skyrimprefs.ini
>>
>>319609118
Are her tits pregnant?
>>
>>319612397
also turn shadow bias to .5 atleast
>>319609118
>>319607316
>>
you're using the shittiest shadows ive ever seen. fix your ini
>>
>>319611781
>>
>>319611781

DONT DO THIS IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS
>>
File: 1449294758400.gif (2 MB, 263x252) Image search: [Google]
1449294758400.gif
2 MB, 263x252
I don't know the specific cause/solution because I don't play Skyrim, but given it's only present with ENB I'm guessing this is a low quality dithering solution for injected ambient occlusions and/or shadowing. Ergo the most obvious tweak to remedy this would be to try and increase shadow and ambient occlusion quality/resolution, though it'll come at a performance cost.

Good luck OP.
>>
>>319614474
thanks m8 I'll see what I can do
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.