[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled, was this game good? I personally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
So now that the dust has settled, was this game good?

I personally have a very troublesome issue when it comes to Vita games. It's clear that most are designed with the intent of multiplayer in mind, like Dragon's Crown, Toukiden, Freedom wars... sure you can still play with AI companions but it makes those games way too easy, or simply alone but it kind of lower the fun you're supposed to get. Alternatively, online mode helps friendless people such as myself to find other players to play with but I personally despise playing with random fuckers and I guess it's just not the same.
As a result, I tend to drop all my Vita games at some point, out of sheer boredom. Am I the only one here?
>>
>>319599128
Game was good, but it had a lot of flaws (story, characters, hub world, crafting, rng).

Online is great, but I only really like online that has mic support. Using text chat is too cumbersome even with hotkeyed phrases. Freedom Wars felt lonely on multiplayer because I couldn't talk to my teammates easily, while Helldivers was even more fun when I could hear my teammates react to whatever silly accident killed them.
>>
I really disliked it. I don't see why people here suck it off so much. I think it's because they RP with the character customization.
>>
File: 1442447914031.png (128 KB, 581x443) Image search: [Google]
1442447914031.png
128 KB, 581x443
i had fun with it early game, but oltatum and the missions that follow it are hot garbage
especially anything involving more than 1 spider abductor
the best part of the game is character customization
>>
>>319601483
oh, and everything about facilities and crafting can eat a dick
>>
>>319599128
This game was cool with it's designs and premise but failed at pretty much everything. Toukiden was the best hunter game for vita. Great gameplay and decent crafting (much more forgivable than monster hunter). My only issue was the monster designs and the fact that the monster stay in one area the whole fight. It makes it seem pointless to have other areas on a map other than using them for nodes to get crafting materials. Never played Soul Sacrifice and and Ragnarok feels just as grindy as monster hunter without the great gamelpay. Anyways yea anon, this game was pretty shit.
>>
>>319601174
Nah dude. Most people actually don't like this game. It was rated really poorly in Japan too. The team that designed it are never going to touch the IP again since God Eater is infinitely more appealing to Japan and actually sells.
>>
Hunting games in general can suck an endless bag of dicks.
>>
>>319601867
they mentioned a sequel a while ago, but it was one of those "if the fans demanded it" sort of things
personally i would like a sequel that improves on the flaws but that probably won't happen
>>
>>319602036
No one is demanding it. People think it would be neat but in no way are people screaming for it. There just isn't a community for the game. The team that designed it are much better off just developing God Eater. It has a manga, an anime and the games are successful for Namco. Sony just isn't going to go that far for it and for good reason. It just wasn't very good.
>>
>>319601896
This so much.

>Various VITA threads praise Monster Hunter clones
>Buy them during PSN sales
>Hate them all
>>
Sequel when?
>>
File: 1215855129195.jpg (21 KB, 350x320) Image search: [Google]
1215855129195.jpg
21 KB, 350x320
>>319601829
Freedom Wars for the combat
Soul Sacrifice for the stories and monsters
Toukiden for the atmosphere and characters.

Each of the Vita hunting games had strengths and weaknesses, but I think Soul Sacrifice was the best overall.
I really wanted Freedom Wars to be better, the combat good and flying around like spiderman was fun as fuck. Character and robot customization was also fantastic, it's just too bad almost everything else was absolute shit.
Toukiden had the comfiest feel to it and it actually had not terrible characters to interact with, but it wasn't as fun to play as Freedom Wars and the monster fights were not as good as Soul Sacrifice. It was a solid game that never really excelled in anything.
>>
File: 1448926043827.png (2 MB, 806x952) Image search: [Google]
1448926043827.png
2 MB, 806x952
How many beasts were there in all, like 6? It was incredibly lackluster and I'm shocked that it became mildly popular to being with, I know people whined and bitched about the low ratings on the Amazon page when it released in Japan but it is justified.

I thought the missions where you fought over prisoners was seriously the work thing ever, even worse than collecting missions in Monster Hunter; I found Toukiden to be much more fun than this game to be completely honest, if they ever made another for PS4 with loads of content including a wide variety of beasts and took out the prisoner vs. prisoner missions then this game would probably be the best "Monster Hunter clone" out there.
>>
>>319603975
The return value went to $10 in Japan in the first week. It was a gigantic mess.
>>
>>319603621
It seems nobody is able to get upgrading systems in hunting games on Vita correct, it's not even mediocre but they are all awful.

Soul Sacrifice is fine, but then again it's system is so simple it's too hard to mess it up.
>>
>>319604110
It did sell a bunch for the Vita though, I believe on launch it was over 500,000 sales.
>>
>>319604284
When youre starved for games youll take any scraps you can get.
I regret this scrap even at the discounted price i paid for it.
>>
File: 1430094704464.jpg (22 KB, 286x280) Image search: [Google]
1430094704464.jpg
22 KB, 286x280
>>319604505
>tfw you hate the game but are too lazy to return it.
>>
Story and characters were so fucking shit holy fuck.
>>
>>319602390
Soon, actually.
>>
File: 08.jpg (107 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
107 KB, 1200x900
>>319605836
You'll never guess who wrote the scenario for it.
>>
File: quack.png (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
quack.png
1 MB, 1200x1200
>>319606232
*quack*
>>
>>319599128
You are supposed to have LAN parties with your friends, who also have bit as with the same game...lol

But if you can it's the best
>>
File: 03.jpg (96 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
96 KB, 1200x900
>>319606418
>>
File: 1449591630287.jpg (167 KB, 938x632) Image search: [Google]
1449591630287.jpg
167 KB, 938x632
What are some good vita games? I just bought one along with freedom wars, Soul Sacrifice and Ragnarok odyssey ace.
>>
>>319606797
Shoulda got SS delta. It's so much better.
>>
>>319607126
Alright, guess I'll return ss and get delta, assuming I can find it somewhere.
>>
>>319599128
No idea, but I saw it on sale for $5 new at fucking Gamestop a few days ago and picked it up. The only similar games I played were Monster Hunter 3U and 4U, and I guess PSO if that counts. I hated the MH games but I fucking love PSO. Even if it's shit it was only five bucks so it's no big loss.
>>
File: 15457822689_10e7b17130_b.jpg (186 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
15457822689_10e7b17130_b.jpg
186 KB, 1024x576
>Was it good

Shit nigga, you don't ask questions like that.

I'll break it down

>Story
Batshit insane, don't attempt to understand, it fucking sucks.

>Graphics
Waifus and browns.

>Controls
Actually all right

>Music
Decent, not memorable

>Mechanics
Crafting is shit. Customization is cool and extensive. Sins and penalties are stupid.

>Combat
Missions a half shit, half win. Grappling Mechanic is fucking amazing and should be in every single hunter game without fail. Weapons were ok. Bosses were good but few.
>>
>>319606797

Superbeat: Xonic
>>
>>319607834
I didn't play PSO but I don't think Freedom Wars is anything like it.
>>
File: 1448958764138.png (300 KB, 466x369) Image search: [Google]
1448958764138.png
300 KB, 466x369
>>319599128
I couldn't really get into it. Before the game kicked into the actual gameplay parts there was so much filler in between operations, like I thought it was worse than P4's own first few hours.

Found the crafting and shit kinda stupid since I can't be bothered memorizing all of these random components with long names with no way of knowing which ones are actually any good and I don't know what the fuck I should ideally be doing with the factories and shit

I definitely enjoyed Soul Sacrifice Delta much more, and somehow I gave vanilla Toukiden much more of a chance than Freedom Wars. I'm thinking of giving this another chance but I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it.

I found Wipeout 2048 more engrossing than anything else on the Vita/spoiler]
>>
>>319607674
it's digital only.

Other games I would suggest:
(physical copy)
Wipeout 2048
Steins;Gate
Dragon's Crown
Gravity Rush
Lumines
Persona 4: Golden
Disgaea 3/4
Muramasa
>>
>>319609184
Is Ys: Celceta that bad? Seems like they are getting easier and easier.
>>
>>319609416
I never got into the series and I never played Celceta so I can't really recommend it.
>>
>>319609416
It's pretty good but it is indeed relatively easy, so just play through the game on Hard or even Nightmare. If it is 2hard you can do a one-way difficulty adjustment.
>>
>>319599128
This was one of those "High potential, low outcome" kind of a deal.

The game was real fun. Hell, I never thought being a machine gun slinging spiderman could be this fun. But goddamn everything fell flat after the first couple of hours. Here's my list of beef:

1.) Despite the seemingly high variety of weapons, there really wasn't much to choose from when it comes down to picking something that isn't a complete turd on a stick. Like a particular weapon may have different upgrades and branches but there is only like one in the entire thing that really matters.

2.) The boss/monster variety was really lacking. Like you have your options of a UFO!, a UFO with legs!, a UFO with arms AND legs, a UFO with arms AND centaur legs, one or two four legged monster type and a fucking floating box with chains.

3.) The costume options were great but still lacking compared to any other "MH Clones"

4.) Forced stealth sessions were boring.

5.) I ain't asking for a Nier tier story in a hunting game but damn they took what is to be an interesting concept and immediately took a Japanese shit on it. Like the game started off taking place in a world something outta Judge Dredd, you know, prison sentence for every fucking thing and your character having to slave away to burn off the prison time by being their mercenary. Oh but lo and behold, half way around the story the game took on the generic "CHOSEN ONE SAVING THE GIRL" bullshit and the game ends on a cliffhanger with your character riding away on a dragon.
>>
>>319610215
it's a pretty fun ARPG with some good music.
>>319610339
>It's pretty good but it is indeed relatively easy,
Nightmare mode it is then.
>>
Garbage game. Okay with friends. Just play Toukiden Kiwami
>>
>>319613105
How much of an improvement is Kiwami when compared to the original? I only have the latter and I'm not sure if I should just wait for this supposed Toukiden 2 coming out or its inevitable re-release.
>>
>>319613492
Team attacks
Improved AI
New Story
Some village changes
new npc's, monsters, slayers, and weapons
>>
>>319614934
The AI players were already somewhat competent if not useful

Would it be worth getting in a sale?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.