[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Battlefront
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: featuredImage.img.jpg (222 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
featuredImage.img.jpg
222 KB, 1280x720
After having been gifted this game, by my gf who also bought me tickets to the premier of Star Wars along with it , I think that if you bought it, you knee what you were in for.

Yes, EA is a lot of greedh jewsmetamorphosed into turbo greedy jews with the injection of Disney's own avarice. But really, if the game wasnt marketed in the way it was and costed about 40$, /v/ would unanimously praise it.

The gunplay is objectively mediocre and amount of maps scant, but the game still has that thoroughly CoD-esque sense of running around killing motherfuckers. It doesn't hurt that the game gives me a massive star wars erection with its authentic sfx and dice's game engine (which rivals the FOX engines graphical fidelity, mind you).

Despite this the withholding of a single player campaign (even a barbones one would be great. Maybe something like a 6-8 hour rebel campaign as you follow Luke, culminating in the events of ROTJ, accompanied by amother 6-8 hour Imperial campaign where you become a general for Vader or something) and the blatant season pass cash grabs, the game is fun.

What do you think, /v/? Does your hatred for EA override your Star Wars nostalgia?
>>
File: OP-at-it-again.png (232 KB, 500x553) Image search: [Google]
OP-at-it-again.png
232 KB, 500x553
>>319594106
>by my gf
First off
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Secondly
>the game is fun.
>The gunplay is objectively mediocre and amount of maps scant
You invalidated your own point fag
>>
File: 1440278732342.png (138 KB, 398x325) Image search: [Google]
1440278732342.png
138 KB, 398x325
>>319594424

> Only 2 fun game modes
> DL-44
> 4 Maps on the best game modes
> No space battles
> No campaign whatsoever
> No Galactic Conquest
>>
Anyone try the new map that was released
>no hero power ups
>boring desert map
>new gamemode with 3 points to capture but still no conquest
I knew EA was shit but are developers literally shitting on us on purpose?
>>
>>319594106
>tickets to the premier of Star Wars
Do you really want to get false-flagged that badly?
>>
I haven't played battlefront 3 or seen much of it either. What makes it so bad? What would you all do to improve the game if you could?
>>
>>319594424
Just because a game doesn't have good gameplay doesn't mean it can't be fun. The immersion of Star wars is really what makes it for me
>>
>>319597067
Primarily lack of content and nothing to discern it from other shooters in terms of gameplay.
Also retarded features like traits making you an objectively better character, and the best guns being very op and not avi label until several hours into multuplayer. You're pretty gimped coming in, and this is something even COD addresses.
>>
>>319597390
So you're objectively a total mouth breathing moron and you want us to take your opinion seriously? Go eat shit.
>>
>>319597067
>>319595449
>>
>>319597960
Are you upset, anon? Did I touch a nerve?
>>
>>319594106
Ehhh I agree OP. I got it as a gift from my wife lul coinkiky dink and yeah besides the obvious "gimmie your shekels" season pass it's fun. Sure it's bare bones but in a way the single player reminds me of the single player in old FPS like Quake 3 (for the DC), Wanted (Half Life Mod) and even Counter Strike (with bot mods). It's a simple single player mode just to familarize yourself with what is essentially mostly a multiplayer game. Like OP said if the game cost less this wouldn't be an issue. My main complaint besides the lack of a campaign is the inability to have vehicle skirmishes in single player.
>>
>>319597390
>The immersion of Star wars is really what makes it for me
only retards can be immersed in this game, helmetless storm troopers and tokens break fucking immersion

>I do not care about that its star wars
fuck off then
>>
>>319598221
>Are you upset, anon? Did I touch a nerve?
No you're a fucking marketer you goddamn soulless piece of shit.
>>
>>319596435
You're prolly just talking about turning point

Jakku has 3 map variations
Two of which have heros
>>
>>319597761
>Gimped coming in

I love how every deathcam is always someone with an EE-3 or DL-44 with traits like Jump Pack, Homing Shot, etc. while newer players have jack shit.

I just hit Rank 10 and I can't find myself further playing this bullshit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.