[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we can't make this a single release because it would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>we can't make this a single release because it would be too big

Do you believe this claim? Is FFVII too big to remake for one release?
>>
>>319582706
yes, is this hard to grasp? the dev time and cost would by extraordinary if they recreated the whole game in one go
>>
>>319582706
It's absolutely too big. Think of the fucking scope of FFVII. All the assets that have to be created. It's not too big in the amount of data, and the people who believe that is what they meant are fucking morons. It takes a lot of time, and a lot of money to make current-gen games. The budget for it to be a single game would be insane. Release the game in installments, you make money back to fund the next installment.
>>
I dont buy it. Im not usually one to say stuff like this, but I definitely thought about it because it's a release I was looking forward to. Its definitely an attempt at a cheap cash grab and an excuse to release something before its ready.
>>
How big is Xenoblade X?
>>
>>319582706
This is going to be linear as fuck, isn't it? It's like the opposite of everything I enjoyed about FF7.
>>
>>319583374
FFVII was pretty linear besides the Wutai side quest and optional content like the Golden Saucer and breeding Chocobos. Just because there was an over world doesn't mean that you weren't limited on how or where you could go.

You need the car to travel over shallow rivers and the when you got the plane you could only travel along the side of continents and reach specific areas. The airship allowed you to reach more optional areas in the late game but it was still a pretty linear experience.
>>
>>319583690
The main quest was linear yes but there are still a ton of optional side quests you can complete at almost any time you want.
>>
>>319583247

The difference being that Xenoblade X looks like a PS2 game so it can fit on anything.
>>
>>319583690
Ugh, I knew someone like you was going to reply. You know exactly what I meant. Jesus fucking christ /v/
>>
>>319583964
Not really. FFVII is linear as fuck.
>>
File: 1449518133810.gif (2 MB, 382x369) Image search: [Google]
1449518133810.gif
2 MB, 382x369
>>319583374
>Part 1 ends getting out Midgar
>part 2 begins with "2 hours after midgar escape"
>Kalm Flashback
>segues into them finding the Zolom dead
>Explores Mythril cave a little and goes into the Turks encounter
>Then BAM, Junon
Calling this shit right now.
>>
>>319584062
Here's your reply man. Let's just stop here
>>
>>319583842

only true for the lategame, first 2 cds were a literal corridor
>>
If it was an actual remake they could do it in one go.

Since theyre changing shit to be far less dev friendly? No way.
>>
All FF's after FF VI have been linear as fuck, and FF VII was the most linear of the PS era.

FF VIII had a lot of optional areas, and FF IX had a shitload of items you could only get if you went to a specific place (which normally you'd never think of visiting of that point in the game).

But by modern standards you can't really call that stuff "exploration". People'd find stuff like that annoying nowadays, as stuff would be too easy to miss without following meticulous walkthroughs and guides.
>>
>>319584414
There are sidequests in disc 1 and 2. 3 just has them all at once so you can go back and do them if you missed any.
>>
File: 1435488925572.jpg (112 KB, 380x384) Image search: [Google]
1435488925572.jpg
112 KB, 380x384
>>319584084
Anon, stop. Please, it hurts.
>>
It's like FFXIII's hallway design (because apparently the developers were trying to mimic cinematic first-person-shooters???) tainted everyone to the point that the moment anything questionable happens with a game's development, it's instantly "GONNA BE LINEAR HALLWAYS AGAIN"

You know, despite the fact that XIII-2 and Lightning's Return (to a degree) both amended that problem after critics lambasted XIII for it. To the point that some Japanese critics actually thought XIII-2 was TOO wide-open for its own good.
>>
It was too big for a single disc back when it was first released. So yes.
>>
>>319584591
No they couldn't. They've only been saying it for the past decade.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.