[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>episodic game >shitty action gameplay >not the remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 78979874564564.jpg (46 KB, 650x285) Image search: [Google]
78979874564564.jpg
46 KB, 650x285
>episodic game
>shitty action gameplay
>not the remake everyone wanted to begin with

Tell me /v/, what is the retarded fanbase that keep defending this game?

Back in the time everyone here would have trashed that game.
>>
>>319581025
>episodic game

Most on /v/ are in defense of this decision.
>>
>>319581236

>Most on /v/ are in defense of this decision.

That's the problem.
>>
I haven't played FFVII. Now I'm planning on buying this because it's not turn based. Thanks, Square.
>>
Most people who originally wanted a remake have moved on a long time ago, myself included.

SE's new demographic are the new generation of non-gamers and they obviously have a inherent disdain for old gameplay mechanics.

10 years earlier and I would've been hyped as fuck. Now I no longer care.
>>
Why episodic that's fucking gay
>>
>>319581025

>Back in the day

That's the thing, we are not in that days.

I'm not defending them for the decisions they are making, but they needed to advance to today's standards a 1997 game. Even if that standards didn't like some people (obviously talking about gameplay here, not episodic release system).

Anyways, I have the feel than, even being 100% faithful to the original, people will be bitching the same as now.
>>
>want to attract new players
>episodic game

Normies wont give a fuck about a game that going to finish at least 2 or 3 years later.
>>
Just wait another 10 years until some nerds pull all the assets out of this and recreate the original 1:1.
>>
>>319583657
>Normies wont give a fuck
thats not the only thing they wont give a fuck about, anon
>>
File: FF4-AfterCharacterCollage.jpg (98 KB, 504x640) Image search: [Google]
FF4-AfterCharacterCollage.jpg
98 KB, 504x640
>>319581025
I don't care that it's episodic. It wouldn't even be the first episodic Final Fantasy. If it bothers you that much, just wait until they release the inevitable Complete Edition + DLC on PC or whatever.
>>
It will be a great experience, just like the original.
A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE.
>>
>>319584162
>If it bothers you that much, just wait until they release the inevitable Complete Edition + DLC on PC or whatever.

when do do you think that would be anon? 2021?
>>
File: 1435572781991.png (205 KB, 507x636) Image search: [Google]
1435572781991.png
205 KB, 507x636
If you want the same gameplay, FFVII already exists retards
Do you seriously just want the PSX game but with new models and textures?
>>
>>319581025
Literally one real trailer, very little gameplay

THIS GAME WILL FUCKING SUCK THE DEATH OF GAMING EPISODIC MEME

The joke is that you are literally autistic and everyone around you laughs at you.
>>
>wanting turn based combat
lmao get with the times bud

turn based combat doesn't belong in 2015
neither do tab targeting mmorpgs

action combat is the way of the future
>>
I can't believe the combat system has been replaced with kingdom hearts shit
>>
>>319581025
Episodic content was only the beginning.

>Cloud has a lightning costume
>starts the game in it and it can't be taken off
>Barret has one too
>Lightning is in the background of every cutscene
>You can pay a premium of 5 dollars per cutscene to not have Lightning appear in the background, but instead it actually makes two Lightnings
>If you're below half HP for a battle, Lightning comes in to help by 1shotting the enemy
>Final showdown with Sephiroth is a QTE, and if you fail Lightning comes in to use Mega Omnislash
>she does it anyway if you succeed
>>
>>319584497
Yes, I wanted literally that.
Not some new game they call FF VII to get some extra shekels from the name.
>>
>>319584373
Yeah, give or take a couple of years.
>>
>>319584497
>Do you seriously just want the PSX game but with new models and textures?

Yes, actually.
>>
>>319584497
A remake is supposed to replicate and enhance the gameplay of the original with modern graphics. It's not a remake at this point. It's a different game completely.
>>
>>319581025
I'm fine with the action style as I've already enjoyed the turn based of the original. Plus, I already have P5 to look forward to satisfy my turn based RPG fix.
>>
>>319584497
Uh yeah, that would be the point. Otherwise they could just make a new sequal
>>
>>319581025
Frankly I'm not interested in a straight up remake. No way they'd get it right. At least they have a chance of not pissing me off this way.
>>
Ff7 wasn't even a good game in the first place
>>
File: FFVIIR_Barret.jpg (370 KB, 1000x675) Image search: [Google]
FFVIIR_Barret.jpg
370 KB, 1000x675
>changing barret's mood to being calm and collected at the begining of the game

i dont like dat
>>
>>319585251
that is the only negative thing I have to say so far about the remake
they just completely threw barrets iconic shape out of the window
>>
>>319584497
""""""""remake""""""""
>>
>>319581025
If they can make every part last over 10 hours without it feeling like content was stretched to make it seem longer then I won't whine about the episodic nature of the game.
I don't mind the changes to the combat system, though I would have personally preferred the combat to be more like something from FF12 but maybe making it a bit more involved when you're controlling a character by maybe having some basic combos you could do instead of just auto attacking.
>>
People seemed to want a retexture and remodel project, not a remake.
>>
>>319581025
>what is the retarded fanbase that keep defending this game?
Those who haven't play the original in the first place.
>>
>>319585251
Aside form the shitty "cool" sunglasses I think the design is overall pretty faithful.
>>
>action gameplay
Literally the vast majority wanted this. Youre really out of touch with reality
>>
File: 148953894967.jpg (88 KB, 1293x1080) Image search: [Google]
148953894967.jpg
88 KB, 1293x1080
You're doing this for the country? Same as us?
>>
>>319581025
>Back in the time everyone here would have trashed that game.

Wait, ahahahahaha!

You seriously think if you went back to when the game was first released, and showed them that, in the future, the whole game would be remade with real time combat, way more content including fully explorable Midgar, to the point that it had to be released in several parts, graphics that far exceeded the best FMV GCI at the time and the possibility of saving Aeris, that they would not go apeshit in awe and beg for this version instead?

Are you really this deluded?
>>
>>319585754
This. It's FFXIII fans who didn't want to play FFVII because of the graphics. Now they're all going to play it and tell everyone about how big of a FFVII fan they are. Then when you ask "oh, which version of VII did you play?" they'll say "does it really matter? The story and the characters are the same".
>>
>>319585251
Well, somehow AC Barrett seemed more like original. That version was loud and expressive.
>>
File: lMIj4tZ.png (39 KB, 587x542) Image search: [Google]
lMIj4tZ.png
39 KB, 587x542
>>319581025
>FF7 remake has huge changes
>Everyone thinks Nomura is responsible and wish the old devs like sakaguchi and kitase were in charge
>its actualy the old devs that want the game to be completely different
>Nomura was one of them anyway
pic related is interview of kitase back in 2010, also Nomura and Kitase have said many times that they keep constant contact with sakaguchi and talk about the direction FF should take.
>>
>>319585628

Yes

this but add better quality animations/cutscenes, give voiced dialogue, and remaster the music

maybe edit some of the shoddy translation and a few things that felt akward or out of place, but don't rewrite the whole fucking thing
>>
>>319586965
>Then when you ask "oh, which version of VII did you play?" they'll say "does it really matter? The story and the characters are the same".

No, they'll proudly proclaim that they played the remake version and act like they have superior taste for doing so because it's true and it really will be much better.
>>
>>319588110
>the remake version

which episode?
>>
>>319581025
>episodic game

My judgement of this depends on how much is in each episode.

I really wasn't expecting turn based combat to come back.

>back in time everyone would have trashed that game

If people back in the 90s saw that this kind of game would be coming in the future they would have been hyped as all hell. You're forgetting the limitations of the PS1 days and how there were quite a few people that didn't think games would look the way they do now graphically.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.