[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Justcause 3 on console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: jc3.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jc3.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
Sup /v/ i was thinking about getting JustCause3 for my ps4. But ive seen many bad reviews about it (mainly fps drops and long loading screens) is that true? / Should i get it? Thanks
>>
>>319580990
It's playable. Not great, but playable.
>>
>>319580990
i'm definitely getting it but i'm waiting for the patch.. i'm sure the price will drop by then
>>
Yeah wait for the patch first. It's a ton of fun when it actually works
>>
>>319582486
Any idea how long thay will take?
>>
>>319583524

Not that anon, but I wouldn't expect it within the month.

They somehow forgot to optimize for anything that wasn't a rig with an NVIDIA card and at least 16GB of RAM. So they have to fix the console versions, alongside the PC version.

It's a crying shame too, considering JC2 had fantastic optimization.
>>
>>319583847
Oooh but what happens with the people that already bought it?
>>
i got it for xbone

pretty chill haven't run into many problems cept fps drop when like a billion things are exploding
>>
File: JC3.png (34 KB, 676x1965) Image search: [Google]
JC3.png
34 KB, 676x1965
>>
I have JC3 on PS4. Great game but yeah the load times suck. Try not to die if you want to avoid the long loading times. Definitely needs a patch to fix the long loading times.

Funny though JC2 on PS3 ran fine.
>>
>Running a GTX 980ti
>V-sync is completely broken, disable it if you don't want to play a slideshow
>FPS drops at seemingly random times (no problem with multiple large explosions but starts stuttering while gliding over some trees)
>Sometimes crashes
>Shit loading if you're not using an SSD
Other than that it's pretty fun, if you liked Just Cause 2 you'll like this.

Wait for a patch though,
>>
File: JC3-Rico-Has-A-Hard-Life.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
JC3-Rico-Has-A-Hard-Life.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>319580990

The game is great although it seriously lacks content.

The copy-pasted environments is even worst than in JC2 and there are 1/10 of the cities and 1/2 of the vehicles.

Also, they still haven't added an enemy jet AI and they completely removed any civilian airport and airplanes from the game.

That being said, the game is literally one of the comfiest and most fun games I've ever played.

The wing suit is great and driving has been improved a lot (it's still shit but it's fun though)

I seriously recommend it if you want a casual but extremely fun game that is also as comfy as a game can get.

I have it on the Playstation 4, the frames can drop A LOT depending on how many explosions you have (but never in other moments), but nothing way too bad. If you are used to playing on consoles you will be able to handle it just fine.

The biggest problem right now are the loading times.

Check this webm, this is completely normal and has made me give up on doing challenges completely:

http://webmshare.com/gPQWP
>>
>>319587626
>Check this webm, this is completely normal and has made me give up on doing challenges completely:
dat link is kaput. what was the gist of it?

someone doing bomber raid liberations?
>>
>>319587626
What is the best way to get good with the wing suit? How effective does the grappling hook work with using the wing suit?

Also speaking of game flaws, I hate there is no mini map and no actual health like the first 2 did but has the generic regen health. JC2 had a health bar and it had partial regen where it only regenerated to about 30% health while you needed first aid kits to restore the rest.
>>
>>319588475

It was me getting a 2m30 long load during a challenge

>>319588928

The wingsuits vertical controls are almost independent from the horizontal controls, keep that in mind when maneuvering. It's not the same as an airplane.

I always grapple hook all the time while wing suiting.
>>
>>319580990
There are some frame rate drops when too much happens on screen, nothing unplayable and my PS4 copy has never had an in game load time longer than a minute, usually it's closer to half that or less

>>319587626
>they still haven't added an enemy jet AI and completely removed any civilian airports and airplanes from the game
I haven't gotten into any dogfights yet but the enemy jet AI sure can find me when I'm on the ground or in helicopters and I've found several civilian airports and airplanes, usually at the outer extremities of the map like the northwest of Prima island or at the bottom of those islands below sirocco sud.
>>
>>319589454

Sorry, I said it wrong in terms of civilian airplanes. I meant one like in JC2, a big international airport with some Boing 737s and stuff, not single runways with that private plane.

The bombings are not enemy jet AI, they just spawn, go in a straight line, drop the bomb and go. If you take your own airplane and to against him he won't react at all, he will only fly straight (sometimes turning a bit) even while you hit him. There are no dogfights, if you are in a jet the only danger you get are SAMs.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.