[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General WoW/legion thread? Gotta tell you im worried about this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: Lelgion.jpg (45 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
Lelgion.jpg
45 KB, 750x422
General WoW/legion thread?
Gotta tell you im worried about this game, whats with blizzard putting in an alpha build of the game
From what i can even tell the only things that didnt add yet is the new quests/ content that is gonna be in it, along with the a few combat abilities and need added and or tweaked.

>So 95% of textures completed
>around 80% of new animations for both the >new demon hunter class as well as animations for all classes that were reworked
>90% of the new combat abilities are finished
>95% of combat abilities are already balanced for release day with exception of a few
>Only missing quests and other content thats rolling out the the next alpha patch

Sounds to me like a late beta, Im just pulling these numbers out of my ass but still from what ive seen it looks like this. Especially when all the other alphas were less than 50% finished.

For the last 5 years we have gotten shit
>Cata

>Panada land

>WoD

How is legion going to be any different?
I am looking forward to trying out my melee hunter though...
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>319580483
Im hyped for legion since my warrior's class hall will be in valhalla.
>>
Fuck off to /vg/ you cĂșck
>>
>>319580483
This expansion literally looks like one of those custom private servers from back in the day, quality and ideas wise tbqhfamilia
>>
>>319581773
Its pretty much the best expansion in history not even memeing.
>>
>>319582884
It's not even out yet. That's what people were saying about WoD, blizzdrone
>>
>>319582985
I didnt say that about WoD. Im not sure why people were hyped for WoD. It promised nothing of great interest besides the zones looking pretty.
>>
its blizzard so we gotta wait until they start cutting features before passing judgement.
>>
File: 1431500247182.png (207 KB, 540x302) Image search: [Google]
1431500247182.png
207 KB, 540x302
>>319537692
>hard
>pinnacles of content

Welp, I found the guy who didn't play Vanilla.

Corrupted Ashbringer is rare for two reasons, neither of which being that it was hard or the pinnacle of Vanilla.

First, Naxx 40 was released extremely late into Vanilla, and TBC was very much around the corner. Not only that, but you needed an attunement just to enter the damn instance. Reason 1 C-Ashbringer is rare is because Naxx 40 was relevant for less time than any raid ever. Of those playing, 1% of the player base completed it, mostly due to how short its lifespan was.

Secondly, the other reason is it rare is because of those few who did clear the content, very few still play.

That's it. It wasn't hard. It wasn't a huge questline (though I'm sure it was intended to be), nor was it a huge grind. All you needed for Corrupted Ashbringer was the ability to clear the Death Knight quarter of Naxx and the luck to get it to drop off the 4 Horsemen.

Another contributing factor was that nobody really ran Naxx 40 after TBC came out. Nowadays people are constantly running old expac content for Xmogs and shit, but back in TBC days there was a stigma against running irrelevant content because it provided no real reward.

Nobody could have predicted that Naxx 40 would be removed and brought back nigh-identical as Wrath's opener raid, nor that C-Ashbringer, alongside Atiesh, would not make a return, and by the time they did it was basically too late.

I know one guy on my server who ran Naxx 40 to get Atiesh on his BE Mage during TBC, and to date it's the only player I've even seen with it.

But to pretend C-Ashbringer took a huge amount of effort is a joke. It was pure luck and being in the right spot at the right time.

Yes, you triggered me. Fuck you. Thread death won't stop me.
>>
>>319583118
They said no more cutting. They would only show things that are basically complete. They wouldnt lie to us again.
>>
>>319581606
/vg/ is for avatar fags and people who spam kitty face smilies and their shit characters

sometimes a man just wants a discussion on a game he likes.
>>
>>319583152
It was rare back then you fucking retard
>>
>>319583152
You act like clearing the DK wing was so easy back then buddy, the whole thing was a poorly testing piece of shit. The sheer amount of tanks you needed for that fight was a nightmare. Retarded composition is one thing I don't miss from that era.
>>
>>319583329
Things like Path of the Titans say otherwise, but I want to believe. I don't think anything was cut during the development of MoP so it's possible they might be telling the truth.
>>
Any new stuff about Old Gods? I don't even play WoW anymore(stopped when Firelands released) but anything related to them has been my favorite whether it's Ulduar, C'thun, or Vashj'ir
>>
>>319584104
Yeah, some artefact quests deal with Old God stuff under Tirisfall. You go into Tyr's tomb and deal with Twilight's Hammer cultists.
>>
>>319583152
Must be a pvper. Vanilla had plenty of hard content, and content today is no harder than it was then.
They changed the focus of raid fights slightly but its all pretty much the same shit its always been.
This "vanilla" was never hard meme is from people who couldn't raid or got into raids when most people outgeared them.
Every fucking time.
>>
Just wait until patch 1.0 is released. By that time the dust will have settled and the overall quality of the game will be known.
>>
File: 400px-Eye_for_an_Eye_full.jpg (73 KB, 400x572) Image search: [Google]
400px-Eye_for_an_Eye_full.jpg
73 KB, 400x572
>>319584104
S.Priests are basically Old God warlocks now.

There's even a talent where you can succumb to insanity and get a hugeass boost out of it.
>>
>>319583152
>getting 40 people geared up, attuned, organized, and full of consumables while having them executing strategies that had 0 room for mistakes is easy guys
>jeez, don't you know?
Go fuck yourself. You're right about only one thing and that's the fact that Naxx really was a raid with a very short lifespan. I know that by the time my guild was geared up for it TBC was only a month away and everyone kind of agreed we weren't gonna be able to do much in Naxx so we disbanded.
>>
>>319584104
Shadow priests are tapping into Old God powers, new system called insanity, when your insanity bar fills up you get a huge power boost and sprout tentacles and shit.
>>
File: 1446275401681.png (355 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446275401681.png
355 KB, 500x500
Wrathion confirmed explicit good guy in Legion, with the last major quest line in Highmountain showing that he was trying to get everyone ready for the Legion's return and Garrosh royally fucked up his plans. He's also using a Titan Waygate to gather black dragon eggs from the time before Neltharion and the black dragons were corrupted by the Old Gods to save and repopulate his species.
>>
File: 1447468470691.jpg (9 KB, 213x236) Image search: [Google]
1447468470691.jpg
9 KB, 213x236
I'm feeling the desire to play an MMO again. Ever since WoW fell from grace, no MMO has been able to replace it. I know if I resub, disappointment will be the only thing I find.

The pain will never go away.
>>
>>319583329
> citation needed
>>
>>319584593
you ain't gonna do much in life neither you only have 100 years at max
why dont you kill yourself?
>>
>>319585087
I still play to Roleplay, it is alright but PVE and PVP get boring quick. The only reason I still play to even Roleplay is because Gold is easy to come by if you're not a retard and I can pay the 60k for tokens.
>>
>>319580483
Expansion looks good but I am super wary because Blizzard
>>
>Still wont let us see half the specs in beta

Its really gonna be September isnt it
>>
>>319585252
RP held me over around the end of MoP, but my guild fell apart and I couldn't find a new one that wasn't full of ERPers or Mary Sue autists. And the latter will get even worse when everyone has their hands on an Ashbringer.
>>
>>319585456
I'd honestly rather wait than have them cut shit trying to rush it out the door.
>>
>>319585668
You say that but what about the poor souls actually playing WoD?
>>
>>319585873
I'm just running around soloing old content for mounts/mogs.
I made a monk and they're fun right now, looking forward to seeing them gutted for legion.
Raiding is supposedly good in WoD but I just don't see it, its boring and disconnected.
>>
I've been back for 3 weeks and don't even understand what I originally saw in the game. Also, blizz seems to make most of it's money through wowtokens and character services now, so I don't see what's actually motivating them to make the expansion good.
>>
>>319586172
>I've been back for 3 weeks and don't even understand what I originally saw in the game. Also, blizz seems to make most of it's money through wowtokens and character services now, so I don't see what's actually motivating them to make the expansion good.
Probably sense of a larger world with conflicts between its characters.
Its gone now with all the port and lobby attachments they've added over time, you literally get 1 piece of gear each timewalking holiday.
Best way to go about it is find some people to have fun with and go about it your own way, its not what it used to be.
>>
Im still baffled blizzard thinks that we are gonna be held off by small content expansions. Im not a supporter of a WoW2 but we need an expansion the size of vanilla wow not little add ons every year or two.
>>
>>319580483
Epic farming of 9352 whale dicks to upgrade your weapon ala ffxiv.
New class might be fun in a broken sort of way.
You get to see how mind blowingly retarded the story gets.
That's about it.
>>
I'm still buttblasted about the Shadow Priest changes

Outlaw Rogue and Survival Hunter look great though
>>
File: 7d3275f1-napoleon-quotes-list.jpg (141 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
7d3275f1-napoleon-quotes-list.jpg
141 KB, 620x375
>>319582884
>Its pretty much the best expansion in history
>>
>>319585087
Just go play on a private server for a month or so.

Usually scratches my itch just fine.
>>
>>319585589
Fucking this. No one who RP's anymore plays as a simple farmer who picked up a sword or something, it's always the lost princess of Tirisfal or some gay shit like that.
>>
>>319584592
>Corrupted shadow priests confirmed for next raid boss
>>
>>319580483
>Pandaria
>shit

Only thing shit here is your taste.
>>
>>319585873
More time to get the moose and whatever else before WoD becomes irrelevant. Little more time for Warlocks to enjoy metamorphosis and Warriors to enjoy Glad stance or what's left of it.
>>
>>319587876
>Glad stance's flame shone so brightly that it burnt out after one expansion pack
Feels bad man
>>
First for the various villains and edgy anti heroes that are LITERALLY NEVER WRONG IN ALL OF LITERALDOM.
>>
>>319585589
>Waah the hero took MY KILL do something about it blizzard
>Blizz: Everyone gets a doomhammer
>>
>>319587017
Hey i do stuff like that. I stay away from edge lords.
My last character was on a quest for a family heirloom thats it, nothing to it it wasnt a mcguffin just a family warhammer that i had to find. Pretty successful rp
>>
>>319583152
you are 100% right. people seem to confuse difficulty with tedium. the only reason 1% of the playerbase saw naxx was because in order to get their, you needed 40 people who were all attuned, from Molten core all the way to Naxx, and were all geared. and what people dont remember is that getting attuned and geared was TEDIOUS AS FUCK. it took FOREVER, seriously. it wasnt hard, but it was fucking tedious. oh and 1-60 was very long. so gl playing a different class if your main was unviable
>>
>>319587456
This. Faggots who were hating on Pandaria for the wrong reasons were the reasons we got the #savage and #violent and #mature iron horde that got its shit slapped in 1 patch.
>>
>>319584593
true difficulty is heroic ragnaros 25m or heroic thunder king 25m. they werent locked behind dumb attunements, but still so few people defeated them while they were relevant because they were actually hard

vanilla gave the illusion of difficulty because everything took retarded amounts of time, when in reality the encounters werent that hard. and 99% of the player base wasnt even able to attempt it.
>>
>>319584774
to be fair it's hard to repopulate your species without a world to populate on
>>
>>319589112
But spending retarded amounts of time is the greatest measure of skill and difficulty. Didn't you know that?
>>
>the class hall for rogues is a fucking sewer
They missed a big opportunity by not making it Ravenholdt manor, was their any backstory on those guys besides being a rival guild to Syndicate?
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 640x516
>mfw living it up with my fellow mages in Dalaran while rogues squat in the sewers where they belong
Class halls look great. Main thing I hated about garrisons was the lack of interaction with other people.
>>
>>319589848
Rogues are supposed to be the scummy and secretive class. Of course they would hang out in a fucking sewer or dark places instead of a fucking fancy manor.
>>
How do Balance Druid's work?
Been meaning to roll one just for the Scythe of Elune
>>
>>319584339
Vanilla bosses was gear checks, only a few bosses had mechanics like the new raids. 4 horsemen was retarded because you needed 4 tanks, all of whom needed full tier 3 to remove the chance to miss taunt. Most fights were tank and spank shit with some dispel shit as seasoning. The few bosses with actual mechanics was cool.
>>
>>319589413
Running back and forth continents doing atunement quests isn't skillful by any stretch, it's a retarded waste of time
>>
>>319591379
Why would they spend time in a sewer when not on a job? Why even be a thief if you're not living comfortably off the wealth you make stealing.
>>
File: 1449635468450.png (777 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449635468450.png
777 KB, 1280x720
are shamans still shit brah?
>>
Any videos of new animations?
It's been over 10 years of staring to the ass of my dude swinging his axe the same way over and over again
>>
File: 1352130515395.jpg (69 KB, 447x453) Image search: [Google]
1352130515395.jpg
69 KB, 447x453
>>319594491

>Friends are still playing the game
>They always manage to get me back to WoW every expansions
>Main is a Tauren Shaman
>Mfw I get to see totems and abilities disappearing steps by steps each fucking times
>Mfw Legion is no exception

Why do I do this to myself?
>>
>>319594491
ele shamans wreck in pvp
>>
File: monkbanda.jpg (63 KB, 550x481) Image search: [Google]
monkbanda.jpg
63 KB, 550x481
who /panda/ here
>>
>Frost dks become the will of the Lich King

hype
>>
File: 1449169178099.jpg (214 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1449169178099.jpg
214 KB, 1680x1050
>>319595074
PANDA isLIFE!
>>
>>319580483
2 of the 3 warlock specs aren't in game yet, Shamans recently got disabled, and many other specs aren't in yet.
Like 2-3 artifacts aren't ready and 3-4 of the ones out have placeholders.
The game's super buggy too with dots randomly falling off and crashes. It's no where near finished
>>
>>319580483
...Wait, theyre making ANOTHER expansion?
>>
>>319594321
Have you actually seen the Rogue hall? It's basically a batcave, hidden behind a crappy looking inn in the Underbelly
>>
>>319594846
Just do what everyone else does and roll hunter. The worst of the worst play hunter and think themselves good at the game. Blizzard will never nerf it to where it deserves to be because the shittiest of players play it.
>>
>>319593798
>Vanilla bosses was gear checks,
They're all gear checks you fucking retard.
>>
>>319583152
the fag you were replying too
>vanilla wasn't hard.
Triggered as well
'Thousand yard stare, rocking in fetal position'
oh green baby jesus...the memories the memories. No not silithus not agaaaaain. Aaaaahh the lag, oh the lag and the bugs they got everywhere...

Anyhow after pandas and the mess that was warlords i don't have any hopes for this one. Lets hope that for once blizz doesn't fuck it up
>>
>>319586405
if you think wow2 will ever be a thing then get your shit correct

mmorpgs are a dying breed, mobile gaming/console mmofps/fpmm are the big thing now. which is why blizz is working on overwatch and not wow2
>>
>>319587017
i exclusively rp as chamber pot cleaners in stormwind, except they're just as skilled as they are in game abilities
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.