[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Starcraft2-logo.jpg (74 KB, 1417x742) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft2-logo.jpg
74 KB, 1417x742
What went wrong?
>>
It wasn't very good. They thought they could print money with it, but it turns out that the strategy fanbase is more discerning, and has grown up since SC, moving onto grand strat.
>>
>>319578843
>$60 for each campaign.
>>
WoW's influence.
>>
>>319579497
>WoW's influence.

>mfw wow has destroyed the franchises of warcraft, starcraft, and diablo.
>>
>>319578843
I really liked both Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm, just started Legacy of the Void but it seems cool.
>>319579295
>It wasn't very good.
Howso? I mean, it's not like it's really evolved past SC1 mechanically, it's certainly more polished and easy to control and the SP missions are way more varied. Are you talking about something multiplayer related?
>>319579389
>not pirating all the campaigns until the full game is out and then just buying it when it's finished for $60 with all the campaigns included
>>319579497
I haven't seen any, for me this has been a nice continuation of an RTS story I enjoyed. Then again, I'm in the minority that plays RTS for the campaigns.
>>
File: latest.jpg (66 KB, 394x600) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
66 KB, 394x600
>I HAVE COME TO TELL YOU OF THIS CREATURE'S COURAGE

The moment Starcraft died.
>>
>>319579948

>It wasn't very good.

Eh, maybe it's just me, but it felt so railroaded. Mission based on newest unit, with contrived excuse to finish it as quickly as possible. Rinse, repeat.
>>
>>319578843
The only thing that really went wrong was their awful release schedule and pricing. Well that and the disappointing campaign writing.
>>
>>319578843 (OP)
I really liked both Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm, just started Legacy of the Void but it seemjhlkjljhs cool.
>>319579295
khjkhljhlkjh>It wasn't very good.
Howso? I mean, it's not like it's really evolved past SC1 mechanically, it's certainly more kljhlkjhkand easy to control and the SP missions are way more varied. Are you talking about something multiplayer relatedjhlkjhlkjhlk?
>>31957938jhlkjhlkjhlkjh9
>not pirating all the campaigns until the full game is out and then just buying it when it's finished kmvbvmbmb$60 with all the campaigns included
>>319579497
I haven't seen anyvmvbmnvblhgl, for me this has been a nice continuation of an RTS story I enjoyhklkjglhled. Then again, I'm in the minority that plays RTS for the campaigns.gkghkh
>>
>>319578843
Nothing

git gud, bronze
>>
>>319580132
I see what you mean, but it's not like the campaigns are short or anything and the missions still have a decent variety in setup, especially considering how restrictive the genre can be when it comes to singleplayer. There are only so many variations on
>destroy enemy thing
That you can make, I liked the environmental themes they did for example and the one mission with convoys in Wings of Liberty was pretty cool. Shame they didn't do missions themed around resources, like the Trojan Horse mission in Age of Mythology.
>>
>>319578843
The game in general is fine, was since release, however it's popularity was taken over by MOBAs

>>319579497

I have never seen a dumber post in my entire life

>>319580132

Hardly, it usually ends fast because people don't like to scout, they they get caught off guard easily

Seriously people, fucking SCOUT
>>
>>319580325

What the fuck? Am I having a stroke?
>>
Korea never fully got 100% behind it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.