[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the big deal with TF2 ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: gitgud.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.gif
2 MB, 360x270
Only game that doesn't bore the shit out of me... slowly approaching the 1,000 hours milestone, I'm genuinely intrigued as to why this game gets so much hate around here. Enlighten me faggots.

>gif unrelated
>>
>>319575806
are you 13 or autistic?
its cartoon CoD with less variety

also hat collector
>>
>>319575979
>its cartoon CoD
>less variety

what
>>
It gets that hate mostly from people who never played it. It also unfortunately has a large brony (and generally pretty young) audience. Additionally, it's F2P, which generally has a very negative connotation. It's a very good game though, I put over 1500 hours into it.
>>
>>319575806
The fanbase used to be a lot better. Before Free-to-Play nearly everyone had a mic, allowing you both to have a strategy and to make friends.

There will be people who whine about the updates and how the artstyle got lost in all the hats, as well as the Mannconomy Update, but that doesn't bother me as much as playing with children with high ping who refuse to git gud and try to votescramble every round, even if the game just did an auto-scramble.

It's community is worse than it used to be, but its still above average.
>>
The sheer volume of 'whacky' cosmetic crap and design changes eventually hit critical mass and it became a Technicolor black hole filled with 12-year olds. It was originally a lovely game with tight gameplay, but it's only a matter of course that zombified games eventually putrefy.
>>
its fucking boring.
you either get stuck with complete retards or you destroy the other team
its barely competitive
the community is filled with bronies, furfags, and children
how anyone who isn't autistic, or any of the above, can play this for 1,000s of hours I just cannot understand
>>
>>319576616
Exactly how I feel. I don't care for all the mannconomy stuff but really the game isn't fun anymore because everyone is a bunch of children and horrible at the game now.

I don't think matchmaking is going to bring anything back to the game either unless they basically remake/rerelease it like beta dota to reborn.
>>
>>319576616
>even if the game just did an auto-scramble.
i found THAT person who needs to type that out whenever it happens. I bet you also unironically type "who caps on hightower"
>>
The game is very fun, just sad that it went f2p... The community was much better back before that, played 800hours myself and made some life long friends in it.
>>
>random crits
>poorly balanced shit like the degreaser
>f2p brought in tons of noobs
>no love for tc_hydro
>valve is taking mannpower seriously
>not easy to find custom game mode servers
>>
File: 1449420305532.jpg (105 KB, 449x457) Image search: [Google]
1449420305532.jpg
105 KB, 449x457
I put this over 500 hours into one server, it only ran 2fort_engi_power. It was the only map in the game that entertained me and now I can't find anymore servers that run it.
>>
>>319577659
I don't like random crits but that's not what is wrong with the game and of all the poorly balanced weapons you think the degreaser is? No love for tc_stalemate. You got the rest right though.
>>
Matchmaking killed community servers.
Without a good rotation of new shitters most of the decent servers got filled with only the elitists and weirdos
>>
Go to any Valve server. It's literally unplayable.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.