[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lower sales does not mean that a games quality is bad Give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: halo-1980x1080.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
halo-1980x1080.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>lower sales does not mean that a games quality is bad

Give me one (just one) actual example of a popular series that has ever enjoyed massive success such as Halo only for one of the later games in the series to perform poorly even though it had a massive marketing campaign yet the game actually was in fact an extremely good game.

SPOILER!
It is not Halo 5.
>>
Max Payne 2?
>>
>OP was completely assblasted in another Halo thread and now wants a hugbox to make him feel better

lol
>>
>>319571441
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
UH uhhhhh uhhhh....Diablo 3 maybe?
>>
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>319571631
Diablo 3 sold well so it couldn't be that game.

1) has to have had a massive marketing campaign

2) has to have sold poorly

3) despite 1 and 2, the game is actually extremely good

4) it is a part of a long running series or it is at least the part 2 in the series
>>
>>319571813
>halo shitters defend their shitty gaylo 5
>they make claims that sales =/= quality
>I claim otherwise in regards to gaylo 5 specifically

>point
Halo 5 is a shit game and it's shit sales are solid proof that this once loved series is not only becoming a failure but it's also because it's quality has gotten even shittier. So shitty that even many of it's own fans can't defend the games anymore besides the diehard fanboys.
>>
KOTOR 2
>>
>>319572860
Did it sell less than the first? Also was it truly considered a sales flop like Halo 5?
>>
>duplicate thread
Remember to report and sage if you're posting.

If this autistic idiot wants to argue, let him do so in the original thread.
>>
>>319573169
Couldn't find actual figures, but on steamspy kotor 1 sold twice as much.
>>
>>319573571
Where both games ever marketed really well? To tell you the truth I never remembered seeing much marketing of them. In fact the reason I bought the first game was kind of funny story. I rented it from Blockbuster. I assumed it was an action star wars game. To my surprise it was actually an RPG though. I eventually liked it so much that I had to buy it.

Shame I never got around to buying 2.
>>319573365
This ain't a duplicate thread retard.
>>
>>319571094
halo 3 pc version when?
>>
>>319575165
Never ever unfortunately :(
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.