[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Pair_of_hacked_PSPs_with_CFW.jpg (571 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Pair_of_hacked_PSPs_with_CFW.jpg
571 KB, 2592x1944
I have acquired PSP, I got latest CFW on it so it can do cool things.

What can I do with it? Is there something cool I can't do with a modern smartphone?

I remember the heroic times of NDS flashcarts & homebrew, I think PSP had an even bigger scene? I wish I could return in time.
>>
File: 1433564020839.png (5 KB, 213x120) Image search: [Google]
1433564020839.png
5 KB, 213x120
You can play NES, SNES (mostly fine), GB, GBA (mostly fine), Genesis, SMS, PS1, and PSP games, plus whatever homebrew.
Why did you get a PSP without knowing what you're going to do with it?
>>
File: psp1.jpg (202 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
psp1.jpg
202 KB, 1024x768
What size stick do you have in it?

Regardless, get emulators and roms for them.
>>
>>319570120
its just 4gb

how's GBA emulation?
>>
>>319570064
My brother's abandoned his one and I took it for myself.
>>
File: metroid.jpg (229 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
metroid.jpg
229 KB, 1024x768
>>319570335
Very good. Even supports patches.
>>
>>319570503
full speed?

is there anything else worth checking out than emulators?
>>
>>319570819
Yep. No lag or anything. The emu I use is gpSP_mod, but unfortunately, I don't know the exact version.

Anyway, there is the native library of games, though they do tend to take up a lot lore space.

I also have a pdf and comicbook reader and a primitive word processor (difficult to use, but still.)

There's also stuff like custom themes to download if you're into that.
>>
Mostly you got an amazing emulation machine. Can even handle some Nintendo 64 games.

There's also homebrew apps and shit but they're not really worth your time.
>Is there something cool I can't do with a modern smartphone?

Playing videogames without fearing that your battery will die in one hour.
>>
File: PSP phone.jpg (175 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
PSP phone.jpg
175 KB, 500x373
>>319569856
All or most of the "cool things" the PSP could do is now seen as outdated and that pretty much everything can do what the PSP can do both modded and not modded. Maybe if it was 2007. Back then a device that could do all the shit a modded PSP could do was mind blowing. It truly was a different time back then and yes the PSP's scene was much bigger and had some of the most hardcore modders/hackers both hardware and software. You can't even compair them to the guys in the Vita's scene.
>>
What are ( or were ) the biggest homebrew resources and communities for PSP stuff? There were places like pocketheaven, gbadev, dcemu and drunkencoders for DS stuff, what about PSP? Is there something that is still alive?
>>
>>319571445
*more
>>
>>319573075
Most of the old popular site are dead or inactive now. wololo.net is probably the only one these days.
>>
Vita cfw a thing yet?
>>
>>319573946
No
>>
What's the best SNES emulator for the PSP?
>>
>>319574231
Dunno about best, but I use Snes9x Euphoria R2

Screen looks a bit glitchy whenever you boot up a rom, but tinkering around with the video settings tends to fix it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.