[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it ever end? Or gradually lose popularity over time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1231.png (669 KB, 1260x555) Image search: [Google]
1231.png
669 KB, 1260x555
Will it ever end?

Or gradually lose popularity over time?
>>
Its meant for kids, the single userbase that will eat up whatever you give them without a hint of criticism or self reflection. So no, it'll be around for a long time.
>>
As long as there is autism, this game will live on
>>
>>319558017
But won't they someday grow out of it?
>>
File: mrbones.jpg (7 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
mrbones.jpg
7 KB, 236x213
>mfw /v/ will have nostalgia threads about Minecraft in 2025
>mfw you and I will still be here complaining about these kind of posts
>>
>>319558282

Yeah, but there will be kids to replace them. This isn't rocket science.
>>
>>319558282
There are always more children.
>>
>>319557818
Snake? nah it'S an all time classic, look what people did with it in real life
>>
>>319558470
>>319558508
Would that mean the new generation would rather watch someone play games rather than actually play games
If that's the case than less people will buy games or consoles
>>
>>319559381
Yes that is the cycle it seems to be heading in. A lot of my younger cousins don't even play videogames. My nephew asked for an iPad and when he was asked why, it was because he wanted to watch Lets Plays on Youtube.
>>
How is Minecraft? I've never actually played it.
>>
Whats the most watched Video game series after Minecraft on Youtube, was it lol or gta ? i cant remember
>>
>>319559867
It had potential, but it flopped as soon as it gained some popularity back in 09/10.
>>
>>319559724
>>319559381
They don't even watch Let's Plays so they don't have to play the game. They watch it because they feel an attachment to the player, so they make friends with people who don't even know they exist.

I wish I had the image of the one kid who thought Pewdiepie's youtube comments were live chat and he said he had to go do chores or something, then said he was back.
>>
File: 1365315783601.jpg (52 KB, 524x451) Image search: [Google]
1365315783601.jpg
52 KB, 524x451
I get the appeal of Minecraft. I get why little kids love the shit out of it.

I dont get why anyone would want to watch some random fuck play it.
>>
File: otaku pandering moeshit.png (45 KB, 1000x1040) Image search: [Google]
otaku pandering moeshit.png
45 KB, 1000x1040
>>319558284
Reminds me of this post.
>>
>>319557818
>Or gradually lose popularity over time?

It's slowly dying. Some of the youtubers in that image used to pull in millions with their videos.
There's no big fad right now, Minecraft and CoD have been exhausted.
>>
>>319560482
>i liked it until it got popular

Is /v/ hipster central?
>>
>>319563376
Except that isn't what I said. When it became popular Notch stopped working on it and dropped development completely, letting other works on it. Plus instead of fulfilling the grand visions he previously had, he realised that 9 year old kids are wowed by the weak adventure mode he'd put into the game.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.