[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>player goes through an epic quest of survival through an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: bloodborne.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
>player goes through an epic quest of survival through an amazing, immerisive world
>not GOTY

Where were you when game journos lost the last shred of credibility they had?
>>
its just Geoff Keighleys casualfest anyways. Remember what game won GOTY last year? Pretty sure it was something retarded like Gone Home. That should give you a good idea of these faggots tastes.
>>
File: 1436219573914.jpg (68 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1436219573914.jpg
68 KB, 900x900
HOW IN THE FLYING FUCK DO I BEAT MOTHERFUCKING FAGGOT LUDWIG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>319547984
Keep waving your sword until either he falls over or you do.

Press circle a lot.
>>
>>319547984

Flank to his left. Poke twice. Avoid getting crushed. I found the fight easier to not lock onto him when evading.

Have fun with Laurence and Kos Jr.
>>
>>319547984
Stick to his left side when Accursed, stay behind during Holy Blade, enjoy GOAT boss theme.
>>
>>319547643
Why do you give a shred of a shit of what does and doesnt get GOTY so long as the game isnt shit?
>>
It's not casual enough. W3 was perfect for goty awards since it is a casual shitshow not made by the usual publishers.
>>
Epic in technical scale but breathlessly intimate in narrative scope, Bloodborne is a sprawling investigation of the human condition.
>>
>>319547643
Why in the flying FUCK do you give a shit about the VGAs?

WHY?
They're not important. They're a sham, and mean literally nothing.

When you have to TELL everyone in the front rows to get excited and pull out their lighters when some music performance nobody comes on stage, theres problems.
Half the house was empty. And most everyone there was bored out of their skulls.

Their weren't even any relevant fucking awards, nothing for incredible design, or technical limit pushing-- No, instead you get shit like "BEST TRENDING GAMER"

If you took that award show seriously, you're the loser in all of this, and get an award for being the biggest gay baby.
>>
File: 1449533057358.jpg (2 MB, 2562x1904) Image search: [Google]
1449533057358.jpg
2 MB, 2562x1904
I live bloodborne to death, but you are fucking dumb if you thought it ever stood a chance winning awards. Video game award shows are for casuals, therefore the games that will win are the games that most casuals play (Witcher 3, dragon age inquisition, fallout 4).

I know that bloodborne has great combat and a kickass story(if you pay attention and know how to put pieces together), and you know it too. But the casuals don't know it because they gave up once realized they had no fucking clue what to do after gascoigne.

Stop making the fan base look worse by insisting this game is GOTY. and stop making yourself look bad by giving a shit about video game award shows.
>>
>>319547643
lol why do you even care what wins game of the year

there isnt like an oscar equivalent for video games, its just random websites and magazines

not to mention any game can make a "game of the year edition"

you autist
>>
File: professor tosspot.jpg (58 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
professor tosspot.jpg
58 KB, 900x900
>>319548871
Well, you spazzy fuck. I would like a game like Bloodborne to be recognized, so that in the future the big dick vidya developers might make something as cool as it in the future.
>>
It didnt have a story of characters people could connect with. Seriously thats what it takes now, look at every game that has won game of the year and weep.
>>
sonyggers assblasted their only game didnt win anything. cry more sonyponies
>>
>>319554782
PS4 has access to both games whilst other platforms have access to only Witcher, and this is bad somehow? Even if it didnt win they still got to play it at least.
>>
>>319549076
This is probably for the best. Imagine if Bloodborne was game of the year.

>LOL hey reddit, check out my new Bloodborne calf tattoo of Rom the Vacuous Spider! "Behold the paleblood moon! LOL!"
>sup reddit, check out my Vicar Amelia cosplay! Women of all shapes and sizes can cosplay Bloodborne!
>12 reasons why Martyr Logarius is trans!
>>
can someone help me with logarius level 43
>>
>>319547643

Maybe they did the same thing I did. Play until shit got too spooky and stopped.

I love Bloodbourne but god damn that is too fucking spooky.
>>
It lacks content and isn't immersive at all, what the hell are you talking about?
Its basically yet another testament to why development time and budget management matter in the hands of competent developers.
Not to mention, awards ceremonies are not about artistic skill and merit, but politics, first and foremost.

Bloodborne is an OK game but From can't make a complete game to save their lives.

I really wish Bloodborne had a full development cycle, I adore the flavor.
>>
>GAME award
>award for art, story, music, voice acting
>no award for gameplay
Its literally 2015. Come on.
>>
>>319556473
Upper cathedral ward is pretty dang spooky
>>
>>319556571
K
>>
>>319547643
Last third of the game is rushed and game has less weapons (although they are more creative this time) and armor. Game peaks when you fight some enemy that almost killed that chick with weird mask and last part is shit just like in DaS.

If they stop doing the whole Assassin creed yearly series shit with rushed endings maybe it will win GOTY some day.
>>
I can't beat orphan, I tired so many times, came pretty close a few times.
It's too draining and frustating. I dont even suck at these games, I beat all souls game at starting class of weakest character.
Why can't I beat this douche.
>>
>>319556301
How to beat Logarius
>dodge projectiles, hit him when he's casting shit that doesn't explode right next to him
>parry his scythe seriously he's the easiest thing to parry
>don't forget to dodge!
>>
>>319548832
Where was this from again? GTA V or the last of us?
>>
>>319547984
Ludwig ain't got shit on Laurence
Kos is a joke if you know how to parry.
>>
>>319556724
>>>/facebook/
>>>/reddit/
>>
If anyone's seen any decent games journalism, you can nominate it for an award: http://www.spj.org/kunkel.asp
>>
Bloodborne is one of my favorite games of all time, it clicked with me really well, but you idiots need to fuck off with these threads why the fuck do you care that some asshat on a stage didn't say it was "Game of the Year"? How does that affect you? Or the game? This is pathetic.
>>
File: 886.gif (917 KB, 245x254) Image search: [Google]
886.gif
917 KB, 245x254
>>319556978
Boyhood
>>
File: nosewipe_meme.jpg (83 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
nosewipe_meme.jpg
83 KB, 500x579
>>319556613
>best OST award
>Bloodborne not even nominated
>Gaylo 5 / Fallout 4 in its place
>winner goes to MGS5 whose only soundtrack is 80s songs
>Witcher 3 btfo

Out of anything this gets me butthurt the most. Best OST is a pretty objective thing, and its clear to anyone who plays Bloodborne that its music is pretty GOAT. Determining best gameplay is a lot harder
>>
>>319557569
Im still baffled how MGSV won that. It was easily the weakest original score of all the MGS games too.
>>
>>319557569
I agree. The music is top tier and really sets the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlmH-unczPY

Creepiest part about this is it's one of the few areas with actual background music. I kept wondering if it was coming from an enemy or if it was just BGM, and if it came from an enemy what would be singing like that?
>>
>>319557763
People that give awards don't play games.
>>
>>319547643
>Play the third rehash of Demon's Souls
>At amazingly cinematic, silky smooth sub 20 fps
>Wait minutes for the game to load

Not GOTY material tbqh with you.
>>
>>319552336
Make a bloodborne video review you lazy fuck
>>
>>319557790
I thought this song played in the Unseen Village

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHzagjqOLU
>>
>>319552336
Professor Tosspot, I'm a huge fan of yours. Will you sign my benis xDD?
>>
>>319557887
At least shitpost using relevant material, the load times and framerate were fixed in the first patch.
>>
>>319557887
>I didn't play it so if I lie about it I king shitpost woo 1337 h4x bruv
>>
File: l0w.jpg (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
l0w.jpg
5 KB, 100x100
>>319557887
>>
>>319556960
I've beaten him like one hundred times I'm just having a lot of trouble with this build, idk why
>>
>>319547643
>player keep pressing x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x until every faceless copy and pasted monster dies
>GOTY
Fuck off casual
>>
>>319558486
>keep pressing buttons until I win the game
>every game ever

Great argument Socrates
>>
>>319547643
Is it true that without ps+ you don't even get to see soapstone messages?
>>
>>319548471
both of which are easier than ludwig, at least if you're using skill over strength
>>
Is it normal that Rom in NG+ is hard as shit? I mean I didn't have much trouble in NG playing offline too but now it's spider underlings kill me in 2 damn hits. Even with co-op people I'm getting wrecked..

Level 115 now btw.
>>
>>319547643
Haven't played either Witcher 3 or Bloodborne, but doesn't Bloodborne just suffered from "just another souls game syndrome"?

I mean, this shit became annual franchise recently, it's almost like musou games. Not to mention many shitty indie knockoffs that came out withing last few years.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.