[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best Final Fantasy game, it also has the best music.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
This is the best Final Fantasy game, it also has the best music.
>>
NOPE.AVI
>>
File: 1322804775591.jpg (113 KB, 975x600) Image search: [Google]
1322804775591.jpg
113 KB, 975x600
You are off by one.
>>
>>319544431
"Wow underage faggot FF1 is the only good FF game i know these things because im 30+ and dont even play video games anymore and just assume they are all shit except for the ones i played when i was 10"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGe60H59yIU
>>
>>319544529
This. It is the FF game that most players will never experience and it is a damn shame.
>>
Where the fuck is my HD port?!
>>
>>319544431
nah ff 13 had a lot of problems but its music was top tier 12 was pretty forgettable all around and only has some rabid fans on /v/
>>
>>319544431
It's a great game but not a great Final Fantasy game if that makes any sense.
>>
>>319544431

I'll agree on best game, but not on best music, though I did like a lot of the music

It's under-appreciated because "not muh ATB battle system, not muh random encounters" even though it replaced both with something more fluid and enjoyable
>>
No game with a faggot like Vaan as the protagonist can be considered the best.
>>
File: 1437679793676.png (152 KB, 237x344) Image search: [Google]
1437679793676.png
152 KB, 237x344
FF12 is easily the worst FF game I can think of.
>>
>>319545452
second worst 8 is the worst
>>
File: FFXII_International_artwork.jpg (701 KB, 1128x1199) Image search: [Google]
FFXII_International_artwork.jpg
701 KB, 1128x1199
>>319544431
If you're talking about IZJS then yes, otherwise no.
>>
>>319545498

The only improvement this version made was toggling the faster frame rate

The job system gives characters less options and much less potential than the regular license boards
>>
>>319545498
aside from some graphics updates, a fastforward button, and a "revamp" if you can even call it that of the job board it was still a very boring game
>>
>>319545154
Not so fast, apparently they're porting the entire thing to mobile platforms and making it free.
>>
>>319545452
>>319545481
>VIII
>XII
>Worst
Not when XIII exists.
>>
>>319545728
congratulations you found the 4th worst with 2 being the 3rd
>>
>>319545481
8 is leagues better than 12

>>319545728
13 is shit to be sure, but it still beats 12 in my book.
>>
File: 645647.jpg (142 KB, 981x800) Image search: [Google]
645647.jpg
142 KB, 981x800
Does anyone care about this in the slightest?
The waifu dress up game seems nice at least.
>>
>>319544431
That's a weird way to spell "worst".
I don't even dislike the gambit system, but literally everything else, from the story over the license board and MMO tier farm shit for ultimate weapons to the jobs in the IZJS version is complete and utter dog shit.
>>
>>319547208
Oh so it is finally coming out? Hopefully the delay means it actually works this time.
>>
XII has the most forgettable FF story ever. I played it to completion and I can't remember a thing about the plot. It's just a blur of DON'T BELIEVE somebody's LIES.
>>
>>319544431
Add an 1

XIII had the best music
>>
>>319547208
I was waiting for it because people said that the gameplay is awesome in this one.
Though I don't see it being a waifu dress up in any way. The no-ass of Lightning destroys it all.
>>
>>319547287
I doubt it.

It sucks because the steam versions all come with dual audio, which would be nice to have if the games actually ran correctly.
>>
>>319547287

>SE
>Making good PC ports

They could delay the game 500 times and it'd still play at a silky smooth 20 FPS.
The Steam FF 4 game is literally a port of a port, from the fucking DS, and it runs at the DS framerate. On a powerful gaming PC made last year.
>>
>>319547336
It's not the games fault you're a dumb piece of shit that can't keep track of a narrative.
>>
>>319547446
Here's hope for ass mods.
>>
>any FF after X
>good
>>
>>319547446
Funny thing is, I like the outfits themselves more than lightning. They just seem nice. Playing FFXIII now to see if i'll be interested in playing the rest. Lightning is a fucking cunt.

It's like when I've played Alice madness returns and spent 20 minutes looking at each new dress.
>>
>Enjoyed:
VII, X, Tactics

>Disliked:
IX, X-2, XIII

What should I play next?

Don't say the fucking MMO.
>>
>>319547575
it is the game's fault for being boring and having an unmemorable plot. The impetus is on the story to keep the player's attention, dipshit
>>
File: 1446307824759.gif (112 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
1446307824759.gif
112 KB, 255x231
>>319547586
>he thinks X was good and not simply a proto-XIII
>>
XIII it's not a bad game at all. You can enjoy it if you are not a weeper fag
>>
>>319547669

4, 5 and 6.
>>
>>319547669
Go play 5.
>>
>>319547669
Did you play Final Fantasy 8?
>>
>>319547669
>Like VII and X
>Dislike X-2 and XIII
Lost cause.
>>
>>319545295
Actually that's why it's the best.
>>
>>319547669
V for the job system
then VI and IV
I like VIII but I can't guarantee you'll enjoy it
>>
>>319547898
he has impeccable taste, actually
X-2 and XIII are garbage
>>
when is 12 getting an hd release?
>>
>>319547701
nah, XIII is pretty unique in its awfulness
>>
Are all the XIII games that bad? They dont even look that terrible to me, the story aside.

I heard Xiii 2 is the better of them, but I don't like how you only control the two characters, I like some sort of party diversity in a JRPG. As such, Lightning Returns seems boring as well. I played the demo for XII 2 and I sort of liked the gameplay, though.
>>
>>319548621
Actually, the story was the part of XIII that I liked.
>>
>>319548748
what exactly is so wrong with FFXIII? I've never played it

before you talk about hallways, know that I like FFX
>>
>>319548621
I liked all of the XIII games. Then again. I never played VII as a kid so i don't have meter thick nostalgia glasses on.
>>
>>319548621
I thought so, but when I recently replayed XIII I was surprised by how actually good the combat is. I know, the meme is that you just press X to win but this is not true, especially if you want high scores rewards.
XIII-2 has a really horrible story and improves some thing s a bit, while others are worse.
Lightning Returns is a fucking amazing action rpg with tons of replayability.
>>
>>319548621
I've started XIII 3 days ago. Just made it to the gran pulse after 20 hours where the game supposedly "gits gud". The combat is enjoyable enough for me to go on and like half the characters aren't as annoying as the res.
Story wise, I absolutely have no fucking idea what's going on still and why but maybe I'm retarded.
>>
>>319548941
>Le hallway meme
That is most of the shitposters right there. People who never played the game, but likes to shit on it none the less.

The biggest problem the game had is its pacing. It takes too long before it opens up its combat system. I guess people who never watched something with a more complex story than a saturday morning cartoon, got confused by the in media res story telling as well.
>>
>>319548941
The combat is a snoozefest, the characters are annoying, the lore is delivered lazy mass journal entries, and the hallways are worse than FFX.
>>
>>319549389
>got confused by the in media res story telling as well.
The story is simple to follow because there isn't anything really complicated about it. The problem is how it shows the world to the player.
Since the beginning, through the codex, we are taught about this amazing place, Cocoon. And yet we never see anything of it and most of the interesting events always happen "offscreen" and you are just reading through them in the news. Political events you don't care about, rebels you don't care about and more than often you have no idea where the place you are in "is". Most of the mythical lore is really well done but the execution is poor either because the characters all know about it so you don't have an audience proxy or because they refer to really criptic legends.
To this day, even after replaying two times every single one of them, I have problems with the various Gods and Fal'Cie.
>>
>>319549389
almost every FF game I can think of begins in media res. VII, X, VI, all in media res
>>
>No friends afar either? ...Ouch.
Bravely Default is fun. ;_;
>>
>>319549709
>And yet we never see anything of it
What? Most of the game takes place there, How are we not seeing it?
>>
>>319550437
Uhm, sorry I guess I worded it poorly. We never see a big "overall picture" of it. Yes I understand it works more or less like a small dyson sphere with the big Fal'cie in the center, and that part of it was destroyed centuries before. But besides that I always found jarring how the most we see of it is the endless hallway of ruins for the first half, a city near a beach during flashbacks, and streets of the capital near the end. To me, personally, this always seemed like wasted potential, but maybe I'm just nitpicking.
>>
>>319549709
What really bothered me is the whole Fal'ce thing.
Cocoon fal'ce, pulse fal'ce, eden fal'ce, whothefuckknwos fal'ce.
Some are bad some are good I guess but I still don't understand why only some are bad and what the fuck was a fal'ce from pulse doing at cocoon to begin with so he can make them enemies of cocoon or whatever. This whole "make a sacrifice to bring back the maker" doesn't make sense too.
>>
>>319544431
HD remake. When?
>>
File: 1421833260154.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1421833260154.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>319551047

years ago
>>
>>319550804
Daily reminder that they retconned it later by saying that this was all Etro's plan, because Etro can see all of the timeline. So she wanted you all to become L'Cie so that you could destroy Orphan exactly like Barthandelous wanted and then hope in the power of friendship of two lesbian turning into a giant pillar and whatever.
Which is a problem. Barthandelous was an idiot. And the party was made of idiots. "We'll follow exactly your plan, but your plan will fail because we are humans and we forge OUR own destiny".
My fucking face when I have no face when they revert to humans litterally through the power of plot convenience and when they kill Orphan they are suddenly surprised Coccon is falling down. Fuck.
>>
>>319550656
What about the nature preserve? amusement park? City the faggot(Or Hope i guess) lives in?

>>319550804
>what the fuck was a fal'ce from pulse doing at cocoon to begin with
They explain that. It was hidden in some trash they had hauled up from the planet bellow to repair the damage after their war.

>make a sacrifice to bring back the maker
They figure that if they kill everyone. The god who created the world is bound to notice and come see what the fuck is going on.
>>
File: fran.jpg (78 KB, 736x1067) Image search: [Google]
fran.jpg
78 KB, 736x1067
>>319544431
I agree. It had a weaker story than most, and Vaan and Penelo are utterly forgettable characters, but the rest of the party is amazing. This one had my favorite world and gameplay by far.

Also, this is the game that game us Fran and Ashe.
>>
File: FFXIII_Orphan.jpg (501 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FFXIII_Orphan.jpg
501 KB, 1920x1080
>>319551251
Though I will admit one thing. When Barthandelous "dies" and is reborn anew, he gives probably what is the hypest dialogue ever. The "weight" of the lore behind the words is amazing and the music is perfect.
>A haven, yea. Yet it must fall ere we be saved. Too frail a shell, and humans should not thrive. Too stout a shell and they would not die. Slaughter and salvation! Two irreconcilable Focuses we bore. Yet bound were we in a cocoon prison, impervious to our power. And so we thank you for granting us our longed-for birth. We are the Abandoned One, born but now to die. Our name is Orphan. By our hand, the world shall know redemption
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXr-J-Pv154
>>
>>319551251
This.
>Serah told me to protect cocoon
>oh shit barthandelous told me Serah was actually used to destroy cocoon
>I don't give a fuck i'll do what Serah told me and protect cocoon
>yeah I don't give a shit about my focus to destroy cocoon I'll save cocoon by destroying the only thing that keeps it safe thus following my focus
>>
>>319551047

When they can figure out how to sell it in episodes.
>>
12 is not the best FF but it's pretty good. It was also a breath of fresh air after the romance dripping X
>>
>>319551775

I can't forgive anyone who says Vaan is forgettable. He's integral to the story. Just because he isn't the focus doesn't mean he's forgettable. Jesus, it's like saying Agrias is forgettable in Tactics. I will agree that Penelo is just along for the ride.

The story is very good, it's just not in the same style as most FFs/RPGs go.
>>
>>319551861
I'm so scared this is going to become a standard...

;_;
>>
>>319551978
I guess that's a good point. I think I was just turned off by his exposed midriff. Couldn't handle it back in the day. I really want to replay this now...
>>
>>319544431
All this game had going for it was the bunny girl
>>
>>319552157

Yeah, he is better with the pirate shirt he got in FFXII Revenant Wings. Still, he is supposed to be poor and stuff and that kind of shirt is what the commonfolk wear in Rabanastre.
>>
>>319549709
Man I loved the lore of XIII, why did they throw it all out for Etro/Ciaus timefuckery?
>>
>>319545481
Third. XIII was worse than VIII and XII.
>>
>>319552507
Because they had clearly no plan for a sequel. The "time travel" idea was really neat because it's just a different name for a map system. The problem is that they decided to tinker with a bizarre concept like a "land without time from where you can see all of time", together with the introduction with a Villain that as intention was "The Sephiroth to end all Sephiroths" or something like that. Caius is a living plot hax and the only reason really amusing about the game. His plan is the most convoluted thing ever and relies heavily on confusing you (for example he pretending to be a past version of himself, while in reality he is the already dead version that has already seen what appens later).
Though, we all have to admit that XIII-2 has the most over the top and awesome ending boss fight the series has ever seen. Fucking Bahamuths, man.
>>
The worst FF game is 14, followed by 15 and the 13 saga that spawned it, then 8
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.