[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Until when will the ps3 have online services and suppoort?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ps3.jpg (14 KB, 517x324) Image search: [Google]
ps3.jpg
14 KB, 517x324
I already have a PS4 but i miss my ps3 and all the games i had in it(downloadable titles+psn titles), it also has PSN+ "free" games.

I might get another one since i can find it for cheap here in japan. Should I, /v/? What models should i get one? What model is the best one?
>>
What happened to your PS3?
>>
The newer the better in terms of HDD and reliability. Phat is only good for BC, which most people never use.

The individual servers for games close down at the discretion of the publishers, but tons of dead 2007-2010 games are still up, so I don't think they'll come down soon, unless it's a yearly franchise or sports game.

As far as actual just Sony servers (being online, messaging, trophies, store, etc), probably not until 2020+. PSP still has its online up, and I don't see Sony shutting down PSN on PS3 until late 2018/2019 at the very earliest.
>>
>>319537679
cat pissed on it
>>
>>319537679
One day it simply stopped working. I was playing midnight club: los angeles and it jammed. I restarted the PS3 and suddenly it wasn't playing any game on disc, only downloadables. after 2 days it stopped working completely. I went to a repair shop and the guy told me it was something related to its processor or something, he only said to me it could be repaired but it would work for 2 months at max.

>>319537869
I heard the super slim model has some problems.
>>
I'd say 5+ years. They make money out of digital sales and bandwidth is pretty cheap these days.
>>
>>319538246
Hum....not bad, i don't use the only features that much but i really like the games. I also like trophies and shit.
>>
>>319538246
+5 years... That's pretty good

I wonder, though, after that time is gone, what happens to the digital content bought off PSN, games and such? Is it just gone?
>>
>>319538437
I wouldn't be surprise if it's even longer desu. Running servers and shit is relatively cheap these days (thanks to virtualisation and shit), and there's money to be made on selling games digitally. They're still selling new PS3s afterall.

>>319538679
Dead if you don't have it downloaded.
>>
>>319538782
i gonna get one his friday then, i might get the super slim version but i have to check out all this overheat problems i heard about it.
>>
Playstation Now is running on clusters of ps3s connected to PSN, so at least until that service dies.
>>
>>319537574
Probably into the forseeable future. It doesn't really cost much of anything for them to support the PS3. It uses the exact same servers and online information as the PS4. It's pretty much like you have a PS4 as far as their concerned and they still sell things on the online market to PS3 users so what the hell?

Games may individually lose online functionality but the console itself will have online for a long while.
>>
>>319540561
PS Now is going to die way before PS3 online does. That shit isn't catching on.

Plus new PS3 games are still being made and still sell respectably in Japan.
>>
>>319541307
ps now is kinda shit and it also doesnt work well im my country of origin so it is not an option.
>>319540992
good to know.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.