[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you regret video games? It's not a quality way to spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: tumblr_no9zpk61Rn1tlrft7o1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no9zpk61Rn1tlrft7o1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x300
Do you regret video games?

It's not a quality way to spend time. When you look back at your life you won't fondly remember the 200 hours you spent on Xenoblade, you will remember time spent outside, with friends and family.

Was video games a mistake ?
>>
>>319535472
>you will remember time spent outside, with friends and family.
How can I remember something that never happened?
>>
No.
>>
I regret anime more than I regret video games.
>>
family is for white ppl
>>
>>319535472
was your birth a mistake?
yes,yes it was
>>
>>319535472
Sorry, I also spent a lot of good times with my friends and family through video games so sucks to be you fagbag
>>
I'm not going to remember eating a nice meal but I still go for good food.
>>
You can do both OP
>>
>>319535472
I have time for video games family gf and work. You have to think over your life again.
>>
File: 1430016703738.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1430016703738.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
I don't regret time spent on video games.
I regret time spent on 4chan.
>>
File: ohyou.jpg (13 KB, 451x339) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.jpg
13 KB, 451x339
>>319535472
>When you look back at your life you won't fondly remember the 200 hours you spent on Xenoblade, you will remember time spent outside, with friends and family.

>You can only play games or family
>BOTH ARE IMPOSSIBLE
>>
File: 1432035385229.gif (649 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1432035385229.gif
649 KB, 500x350
I fondly remember playing video games during summer with my friends non-stop as well as going outside and doing things with my friends and family.
>>
For all the faggots saying it's possible to do both.

You live 75 years (/v/ wont, but that's about average )

You sleep 25 of it. That leaves you with 50. You work about 20 of it.

That leaves you 30. The first five years are shit you mostly don't remember. That leaves you 25.

You only really get 25 years and you want to spend years of that playing a video game ?
>>
>>319535472
You will be more likely to remember spesific highlights of any activity. Spending times with others for 200 hours and you probably wont remember most of the spesifics anyway.

That's one of the reasons why when you were younger you remember days being so much longer, since there was a lot more new things to experience.
>>
sort of, 15-20 was a massive waste of time. I vividly remember being asked out to a party and I said no due to low confidence, and spent the night playing assassin's creed or some shit.

playing through a few new games throughout the year and replaying a couple favorites isn't going to do me any harm though. I've had more fun playing and talking about bloodborne than any film or tv show this year.

>>319536780
doing new and different things all the time really is the key to life, it's so simple
>>
>>319536474
yes. If you don't like video games, why are you even here?

I think I just answered my own question.
>>
I only regret playing WoW past Burning Crusade and playing Melee competitively.
>>
>>319536474
You can play video games with family and friends, you can even make more friends by doing so. I would also get sick of being around people all the damn time.
>>
>>319536474
You're absolutely right, I need to go burn all my genre fiction literature and movies then, throw away the two paintings in my home and stop cooking period, I don't need more than vegetables and water anyway, I gotta make sure I maximize my time spent around friends and senpai, I'll even stop doing exercises because I'll end up wasting years of my life on it, I'll just die at the end anyway, what's the point. Man, just think of how much more time I'll be able to spend with friends and family after I've gotten rid of all that other worthless junk in my life.
>>
>>319535958
I don't regret spending time on arguing with people on 4chan, but I do regret so much time spent replying to clear and obvious bait or the mentally deficient.
>>
>>319536027
I wish I could play family.
>>
>>319537190
If you throw away your family, you can spend more time with friends.
>>
>>319535472
>It's not a quality way to spend time.
u wot
It's more quality than watching movies. At least you actively engage your brain.
>>
>>319538045
It's easy, never asked for money, or pretended to be ill when you were a kid at school?
>>
>>319535472
>It's not a quality way to spend time.
Opinion
>When you look back at your life you won't fondly remember the 200 hours you spent on Xenoblade, you will remember time spent outside, with friends and family.
Baseless speculation
>>
>It's not a quality way to spend time. When you look back at your life you won't fondly remember the 200 hours you spent on Xenoblade, you will remember time spent outside, with friends and family.

This is such a bullshit it hurts.
>>
>>319535472
No. It doesn't even matter, because I don't actually spend every waking moment playing video games and do other things sometimes.
>>
>>319535638
dis smdh 2bh
>>
I regret my time here.
>>
Why are video games a waste of time and watching movies, reading books, and listening to music not?
>>
File: 1388806713469.gif (727 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1388806713469.gif
727 KB, 200x150
Don't try and tell me what I will and won't remember, fag.
>>
I fondly remember many games I play, yearning to play them again. And the alternative to vidya in a strictly leisure-dedicated time which doesn't fall naturally with me seeing my gf (who is at work during the day) would be watching TV.

>watching
>TV
I'd rather fucking kill myself.

>all leisure time must be spent sucking your family's dick
Nigger please
>>
>>319535472
Yes with no doubt. I regret spending insane ammount of my time on this shit., but it's way more fun than having a generic talk to a friend on a hangout desu. however, im interested on gettin' wimmin so yeah i regret it all.
>>
Better than anime.
>>
>>319538716
who says it isn't?
>>
>>319538515
This, 4chan in now my addiction
>>319535626
And holy shit this
>>
Every single person wastes their time on pointless shit. Without video games you'd just be more bored and watch shitty TV shows instead.
>>
>>319539785
Watching TV is not a waste of time
>>
>>319535472
what a fag.
>>
>>319539845
Okay, Dad.
>>
>>319535472
>implying

I will still be playing games when I am old.
Pension will be amazing when all you can do is sit at home with video games and fap
>>
Literally every kind of entertainment is "waste of time"
Fuck music, fuck movies, just work 100% of your time
>>
>>319535472
you're right. going to the gym and doing volunteer work is a much better alternative.
>>
>>319540205
Looking forward to berate the new generation with you anon.
>>
File: front.jpg (710 KB, 1656x1470) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
710 KB, 1656x1470
I listen to music more than I play videogames. It's just so far head of anything videogames can give me (right now, anyway) it's ridiculous.

Videogame players are below the rest of the human race. It's incredible anybody would spend hundreds of hours on dogshit (like Skyrim) instead of doing so, I don't know, learning or consuming the mountains of better entertainment that are out there.
>>
>>319540850
What does music ever give?
>>
>>319535472
No even though video games have diminishing returns.
>>
>>319540913
It depends what you listen to, but ultimately?: it gives pleasure. I love monolithic, massive, crushing soundscapes that sound from the pits of abyss, or the reaches of space, and melancholy inspiring dread and fear.

For whatever I listen to I'm seeking a particular sound, and many different sounds bearing similarity to the one I crave. Regardless of what it is, it gives me feels. I love not being able to help but twist my face in disgusted amazement. To feel small by hearing something massive, to feel content in hearing something that comforts, or to be inspired by composition to paint my picture about the sound that unfolds and how I would imagine it playing out were it the theme to something magnificent.

You see, all of this is personal, abstract, ambiguous; nothing that anyone can impart to you but yourself by finding what you may not yet know that you are looking for. Music is pretty engimatic, and for how flush and varied it can be, I can understand (though disagree) why someone would say they don't care for music: it takes a lot of work and most people don't care to invest the time researching exactly what it is that touches them, as opposed to what they are exposed to, hear, and decidely "like" a bit more than everything else which they "like" a little bit less.

Go listen to "A Gallant Gentleman" by WE LOST THE SEA. I feel this is a song that anyone could enjoy. Perhaps not "love" and latch onto, but I would be outright concerned to hear someone express a genuine, premeditated distaste for it.

Or don't listen to it. You don't seem to be the kind of person that likes music "at all".
>>
File: front.jpg (284 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
284 KB, 1000x1000
>>319540913
More entertainment in less time, for starters. Aside from that shallow level of "oh look dis fun I like fun might as well lobotomize me now" it can also serve as a reflection of the time it was made, the character of the people that made it and the place it came out of better than maybe the rest of the available mediums.

As someone who doesn't like wasting hundreds of hours for maybe minutes of payback (in terms of emotional response/quality in general) I also do enjoy how immediate music is.

Maybe it's because it's been longer but there's also far more diversity in music than in videogames. It seems to me conforming to very strict guidelines of genres is something that is actually encouraged by videogame players.

Furthermore, videogame players like eating shit repeatedly, and will defend the act of getting shat on, repeatedly.
>>
>>319542102
And you sound like a fedorafag, I mean is cool you feel that passion and all but you sound like you think you are superior or something for it.
I listen to game music, I guess you will scoff at that but I do it mostly because it reminds me of the rest of the game so its not just the music standing on its own.
>>
>>319535472
Yes, I wish I had noticed it before it was too late but now it's too late.
>>
>>319535472
>Do you regret video games?

No, and if I can, I will marry a gamergrill so I can feel comfy with her
>>
>>319542183
Music alone is not entertaining to me,it must be great being able to get emotional with just a song. I only manage that if the song played during a specific scene from my past.
But dont act like most music fans dont eat shit, thats the state of every medium.
>>
>>319542419
>feel superior
You asked brah
I never talk about music to anyone because I understand not many people do, or necessarily have the opportunity TO fully experience music. I keep to myself.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.