[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ruh roh, EPIC games is making a 3rd person moba. https://yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
ruh roh, EPIC games is making a 3rd person moba.

https://youtu.be/3OCJCZJWA68

Taking bets it'll flop.
>>
>>319533773
gameplay. doesnt show much though..

https://youtu.be/1Gw9fJGKvcc
>>
>>319533773
It's not really a bet if you don't have a chance of losing it.
>>
>no toon artstyle

already miles better than all the other assfaggots
>>
Looks kinda bland.
>>
>>319534168
Instead you have the generic cyborg dudes like in every Epic game. Not really any better.
>>
>>319534259
Epic's cyborg and strogg wannabe merc designs are the shit

fight me
>>
>releasing a MOBA game when DOTA2 managed to overcome even LoL
It's like you want your game to fail horribly.
>>
>>319534486
Theres no dota on the psquadruple though
>>
Thinking a class based FPS with a leveling system base capturing and vehicles would do better.
>>
Shit looks cool.
>>
>>319533773

These people releasing MOBAs now are like those fags jumping on the MMO bandwagon when WoW was successful.

They all are going to flop.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24 KB, 499x499
>tfw the moba meme is dying
>>
Hopefuly they do the Quake 3 thing where they bring characters from previousgames and universes over into it
>>
>>319535706
>Epic Games All-Star Battle
Meh.
>>
>>319535790
Im just want Prisoner 849 because Samsara never delivered desu
>>
>>319533773
>moba.
>>
File: header.jpg (83 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
83 KB, 460x215
>third person moba
PLEASE learn from their mistakes, and PLEASE don't be like Smite.
>>
>>319533773

same shit happened when WoW was at its prime and everyone wanted in on the MMO money, they all went to shit.

its pretty much impossible to compete with lol and dota 2 at this point
>>
>>319536031
What went wrong with smite?
>>
>>319536116
Smite's gameplay doesn't involve aiming
>>
>>319536250
Well, Smite isn't even an FPS hybrid. It's just a regular MOBA with a different camera angle.
>>
>>319536116
Smite doesn't innovate in any way, its fucking flat. SMNC had verticality, unique stages and actual character
>>
>>319535129
savage, savage 2, monday night combat and empires mod which are basically that were pretty dead even in their prime
>>
>>319537156
Wasn't Savage more like Natural Selection? I think it had a commander too. Although I didn't really play it. A disc came out with some of my old video cards, so I tried it out and forgot on the next day.
>>
Dota has complex mechanics and quality of life features locked down.

LoL has casuals locked down.

The moba market is saturated.
>>
>>319537470
Pretty much this. Anyone making a new MOBA without brand recognition is fucking stupid, and that's the one single factor keeping Blizzard's shit on the market.
>>
>>319533773
Man I don't know exactly what it is, but I love the architecture of games like this. Something about mixing futuristic magic/tech with ancient ruins just really excites me. Destiny looked so promising because the concept art was basically exactly that, but then it turned out so different than the vision they were pitching early on.
>>
>>319534259
>hating on mr crow
>>
>>319533941
I was really uninterested at first because I expected something that looked like smite but I might actually follow the dev. now.
May actually be fun.
>>
File: ORIGINAL LOGO.jpg (83 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ORIGINAL LOGO.jpg
83 KB, 1920x1080
Well done, Epic.
>>
>>319538926
me too, epic knows hot to make fungameplay
let's hope that they deliver again and the graphics are worth a quick instal by the looks of it
>>
>>319533773
it really bothers me that I canĀ“t make what gender that alien is supposed to be
>>
>>319533773

Epic games all look so similar.
>>
>>319537470
LoL faggot here, i'll agree we have casuals locked down and DOTA2 has complex mechanics locked down, but I would argue LoL is the one with Quality of Life locked down and DOTA wins at cosmetics
>>
>>319540095
LoL has QoL features?

Just fuck off already. No replay system. Shitty Adobe AIR client. Spagetti code. The list goes on.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.