[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best new vegas dlc and why is it Dead money. Also,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: NewVegasDLCs.jpg (49 KB, 490x156) Image search: [Google]
NewVegasDLCs.jpg
49 KB, 490x156
What is the best new vegas dlc and why is it Dead money.
Also, New Vegas thread
>>
I liked them all, it was neat how they were all connected in the end.
>>
>>319530627
How many contrarian threads do we need?
>>
All of them are ok with exception of dead money which is total repetitive garbage
>>
I legitimately don't understand why people would still be playing NV now that Fallout 4 has just been released.

What are the advantages?
>>
>>319530627
OWB > Dead Money = Lonesome Road > Honest Hearts.

Joshua Graham is the best character out of all the dlc's though. Especially compared to that faggot Ulysses
>>
>>319530775
They get to actually role play and use skill checks, for one.
>>
Why is New Vegas DLC so polarizing? For every single one, you're going to find a whole bunch of people who swear it's the best by far and a whole bunch of people who swear it's the worst.
>>
Christine was far more interesting as a mute but that is entirely because the voice work was pretty flat.
>>
>>319530775
Because people like to play RPG's.
>>
>>319530775
Bait but still replying.

Better perks, skill checks, better and more diverse faction system, more variety in enemies, better uniques and more weapon variety. Just to list a few
>>
Honest Hearts because it was interesting and added Utah to the mix.

Lonesome roads was Linear shoot in a place called the divide where you kill about of ghouled crazy soldiers

Old world blues is a fun science tech thing

Dead money was a interesting survival game
>>
>All this hype behind Ulysses
>Just some idiot who is mad at you because you were a fucking professional who doesn't look in every package you have to deliver

BEAR AND BULL
>>
File: Watching Family Guy.gif (883 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
Watching Family Guy.gif
883 KB, 500x269
>Recently went on a trip to America
>Went to Vegas and only now understand all the refences to McCarran, Freemont, and the Strip
>>
>>319530627
Honest hearts for the tribal stuff and Zion.

Dead money is still the best dlc ever made, for any game.
>>
DM > OWB > HH > LR

still really liked lonesome road though
>>
>>319530709
Until we stop playing it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2VTulxEDig
>>
OWB>HH>LR>DM
Dead Money would be an easy contender for best except the collar mechanic automatically makes it a fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>319530934
>better and more diverse faction system

The rest I can kinda understand but not this one.

NV has ridiculous factions like the Legion, Boomers and the Kings. The factions in FO4 all make a lot of sense and have decently thought out ideologies behind them.
>>
I haven't played Lonesome Road yet, but I'm hoping he's just the nega-Courier. A guy who has accidentally affected great change in the world around him through his travels, but he hasn't really set out to do that. He has a grudge and he's been working to enact that plan the entire time and all the other people who he's met and changed are just incidental, much like the Courier's travels.
>>
>>319531219
This, Dead money had great characters and atmosphere but that collar was fucking trash.

Dog > mute christine > dean > voiced christine
>>
>>319531290
I can agree with that except for the Railroad whose mission goes from save synths to "lets kill hundreds of people for no reason and set off a nuke"
>>
File: 1449448479983.png (129 KB, 1352x1196) Image search: [Google]
1449448479983.png
129 KB, 1352x1196
DAILY POST YOURS
>>
>>319531219
Let me guess
>tedious
>slow
>limiting
Just because you have such a short attention span diesn't mean it's shit.

You are just like the fags complaining about taking their OP weapons at the beginning and taking them out of comfort zone that way.
>>
Chance wants that yesterday I completed OWB. I liked it a lot, but it's a little dragged in some quests (like having to collect countless times the school data in the simulation with some variations in the enemy spawns, fuck that shit).

Wierd thing is how much I leveled up without noticing. I started it on lv 16 and by the end I reached lv 30. Now everything seems quite easy. Which DLC should I play now?
>>
>>319531290
I haven't played 4 so I can't comment on the quality of the factions in that game, but what is ridiculous and not thought out about the Legion, Boomers, and Kings?
>>
>>319531734
If it presented a challenge or made things more interesting I would have no problem with it, but all it does is make you have to back in and out of an area a few times until you pixel hunt good enough.
>>
>>319531290
>The factions in FO4 all make a lot of sense and have decently thought out ideologies behind them.
Jesus
>>
File: 1411732581721.jpg (64 KB, 640x499) Image search: [Google]
1411732581721.jpg
64 KB, 640x499
>>319531290
>factions in FO4 all make a lot of sense
>>
>>319531837
>>319531934
Can you tell me a little about the factions in FO4? I haven't played the game.
>>
>>319531821
It got a little better at the Sierra Madre with all that "run like hell" instead of pixel hunting.
>>
>>319531290
fallout 4 relegated brotherhood of steel to generic lawful-good space marines. all major factions "ideologies" just revolved around how you felt about synths. fallout 4's emphasis on story was just far too much and really ruined any chance of another playthru (along with boring radiant quests and an overemphasis on loot).

by the way, fallout 4 has the tommygun gang or whatever that is just as equally ridiculous.
>>
>>319530627
Old World Blues > Dead Money > Honest Hearts > Lonesome Road
>>
>>319531734
To be honest DM is kinda easy, but the only thing you do in it is sneaky fetch quests: "Go this point of the villa and ring a bell, now go to the opposite side of the villa and ring a second bell"
WoW such a level design.
>>
>>319532042
>fallout 4 relegated brotherhood of steel to generic lawful-good space marines

So you didn't actually play the game? That's what they were in FO3 but they changed it so they're more like in the old games now.

It makes me sad that you won't even give FO4 a chance due to preconceived notions.
>>
>>319531991
>BoS
Basically turned into the enclave because they hate anything not human like ghouls, super mutants any synths
>minutemen
boring group of guys who help all the settlers by defending them from raiders
>railroad
faction who thinks synths should have the same right as humans
>institute
faction who made the synths, they try to help the world by making synths for some reason
>>
>>319532352
The brotherhood in fallout 4 is nothing like the old games.
>wants to blow up the institute instead of use the technology
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (107 KB, 677x652) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.jpg
107 KB, 677x652
>>319531991
Well, based off of the 4 endings which depend on which side you pick, we can narrow it down to 4 factions. Let's see if they make perfect sense, or, at least, a lot of it

>Brotherhood of Steel
A faction who's sole purpose is to gather technology, hog it for themselves, and not agree to help anyone if it doesn't benefit themselves, and by themselves, I mean get more technology. With great logic, they throw away those teachings to become the last hope of humanity by trying to destroy technology in the form of synths. They then proceed to destroy all the technology and try to build a world full of peace

>The Minutemen
Civilians who pick up a gun, wear an outfit, and suddenly try to enforce the Commonwealth by using a radio to keep in contact with each other. They try to save lives by destroying other factions and appointing themselves as leaders, even though you're the only leader they have. This will fall apart when your life ends. Caesar's Legion has the same problem, but at least they pointed it out in New Vegas.

>The Institute
ever play Old World Blues? Take out the humor and that's pretty much it. They could care the fuck less about humanity, even though they're trying to fix everything. So they make synths to gather supplies to help themselves live longer, which doesn't benefit anyone. I'm still trying to find good logic. I think I missed something important

>the Railroad
SJW's with guns.

I think these are all very rational and decently thought out factions.
>>
>>319532352
I spent 80 hours in Fallout 4. The experience I had with it was so volatile, ranging from fun to god awful. The game's plot is awful and the gameplay revolves around going to different areas with no real backstory just to get a nice giant crate of loot at the end.

I enjoyed the BoS in NV more than any other title. It's also amazing how every Fallout 4 defender implies the other person didn't play the game.
>>
>>319530934
Speaking of, what other games have a similar faction system?
>>
>>319530627

Old World Blues was the funnest one but Dead Money taught me a lot about myself I did not know.
>>
I want to play NV again, but I am really sick of desert stages. I live in a giant desert stage, and fucking hate deserts.
>>
File: 1434345616167.png (109 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
1434345616167.png
109 KB, 358x358
Quick /v/, post the best and most essential New Vegas mods
>>
>>319532727
The Brotherhood are conservatives who consider synth tech to be unethical and offensive. From that viewpoint it makes sense that they'd rather destroy it than use it themselves.
>>
File: Yu can see into forever.gif (768 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
Yu can see into forever.gif
768 KB, 500x340
>>319533186
>makes sense that they would destroy it than use it themselves
>Brotherhood of Steel
>faction of "muh technology"
or, you know, they can preserve the technology, research it, possibly improve other forms of technology, and just not make fucking synths. Who knows what technological breakthroughs the institute made. The Brotherhood wouldn't be that stupid to flat out DESTROY TECHNOLOGY.
>>
>>319531290
>Autistic space marines who don't even preserve technology anymore except for radiant fetch quests
>Literal SJWs who have no plans at all beyond sucking synth cock
>Bond villains trying to be like Mr. House despite doing clearly terrible shit that you cant even call them out on
>A bunch of cosplaying hick farmers who are probably the single most incompetent group in Fallout history
>>
File: Fudd.png (885 KB, 1352x1196) Image search: [Google]
Fudd.png
885 KB, 1352x1196
>>319531731
>>
>>319533508
what are salt weapons
>>
>>319532352
> they changed it so they're more like in the old games now
I don't remember BoS from 1 and 2 to be fucking hypocrites who blow up valueable tech because muh pure human race.
>>
>>319533186
There was no fucking reason to destroy all that non-synth technology

Think of all the potential medical progress they blew up for no fucking reason despite being a faction who's supposed to preserve technology.

They didn't even bother to collect some data or something before nuking a self sustainable utopia because >F-FUCKING SYNTHS
>>
>>319533595
Assault weapons.

http://pl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fudd
>>
>>319530627
Pretty sure that the best dlc is Old World Blues. Dead Money's characters are excellent but actually playing it is a chore.
>>
Here's something new.

What was your LEAST favorite quest in NV? Could either be because you thought it was shit quality wise, or it just rubbed you the wrong way.
What companion do you NEVER bring along/do you always kill?
If you could choose one ending to be the canon ending, which one would you pick?
>>
>>319532482
But that Brotherhood is right it's how it really is, the rest is shit tho, and the quest don't help them to actually be interesting, everything is just shitty repetitive quests that after you repeat them a lot you unlock the next story mission for the faction
>>
>>319534030
Anything to do with Vault 22. Just all of them. Fuck that place. I developed a phobia of plants because of that fucking vault
That Brotherhood girl who i can't remember the name of
Yes Man
>>
>>319534030
Best ending is Independent and letting Hanlon sabotage the NCR so Oliver and Kimball get shit on back in California
>>
>>319534030
>What was your LEAST favorite quest in NV?
Taking pictures for Michael Angelo.

By the point you get the quest you already been to half or even all the places he want a picture off so it's just a matter of fast traveling all over the place.

All this fucking camera is marked as a quest item and you can't get rid of it (I mean you can with GECK but I'm talking about vanilla).

>What companion do you NEVER bring along/do you always kill?
I never bring along anyone but I'm not killing them either.

Well I might have sold Cass a few times but not always.

>If you could choose one ending to be the canon ending, which one would you pick?
House because my Courier is a lazy bum who doesn't care about politics and House is the most beneficial.
>>
>>319534030
Boon. Fuck Boon.
House ending with good karma.
>>
>>319533091
Project Nevada, Conelrad, Nevada Skies and Mission Mojave are the most essential mods, imo.
>>
>>319533595
Just a retarded way of saying "assault weapons". Kinda like the faggots who call pizza for 'za. Retarded beyond comprehension.
>>
>>319534030
I think my least favorite quest... is either the plant vault one, or the fucking Blight ghoul group, I enjoy solving it but the quest itself is just so dull.
I only ever bring Lilly to complete her quest, then I drop her forever, she's just not interesting. Was never fond of Cass either.
Independent Good Karma. House only cares about New Vegas, doesn't sit well with me.
>>
First playthrough of each dlc:
Dead Money>Old World Blues>Lonesome Road>Honest Hearts
Replaying each dlc:
Old World Blues>Dead Money>Honest Hearts>Lonesome Road

Fear my mighty opinion!
>>
>>319534030
Boone is the most boring companion. Normally it would be Victoria but i like her relationship with Christine and Elijah and how it leads into Dead Money.
>>
>dead money: best story and gameplay
>honest hearts: pretty meh, small map, you get to meet Joshua Graham
>old world blues: venture bros the dlc with family guy tier humor
>honest hearts Oh shit nigger what are you doing? story writing, stupid bullet sponge enemies, game breaking loot
>>
>>319536980
so wich honest hearts is the real honest hearts
>>
>>319530775
more mods
>>
File: FO Persona template.png (992 KB, 1366x1195) Image search: [Google]
FO Persona template.png
992 KB, 1366x1195
>>319531731
Bettan all the caps at the strip
>>
Honest Hearts was my favorite.
>>
>High leveled, high powered character
>Embodying the sneering imperialist
>Done pretty much everything I wanted to do with this character
>Haven't gone to Zion yet
>Head to the northern passage
>Skip through the dialogue and join the caravan
>The White Legs ambush - casually slaughter them
>Follows Chalk shows up
>Casually slaughter him
>Go on a fun Zion safari, viewing and hunting the savages that inhabit the land
>Sniping Zion natives on a constant datura trip
>Take some local items like war clubs and bladed gauntlets as souvenirs
>Lovely holiday in Zion

Made Honest Hearts pretty fun
>>
File: 10dex0lck.gif (2 MB, 481x320) Image search: [Google]
10dex0lck.gif
2 MB, 481x320
>>319537480
What'cha wearin'?
>>
1-Old World Blues: The new scenario was great. And an interesting concept.
2-Honest Hearts: The game have a bunch of surprires a really good game.
3-Lone Some Road: A very simple but fun DLC the name speaks for itself but whan blast you have exploring that road.
4-Dead Money have a very shitty pacing, the fog was bothersome and the fact that you had to left your weapons was a problem. The you cant carry the entire final reward because it weights a lot. Its not a bad dlc but its not the best from new vegas or any other fallout game.
>>
>>319538932
Spice of Life mod
>>
>>319536980
>OWB
>Family Guy tier humor

Since when is Family Guy anywhere near as funny or well written as OWB? Maybe I should watch it again.
>>
how many of you have actually beat OWB? I don't think any of you would hate it if you did.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.