[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Jean Reno is barely actually in it How did this make you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 52651_front.jpg (68 KB, 540x768) Image search: [Google]
52651_front.jpg
68 KB, 540x768
>Jean Reno is barely actually in it

How did this make you feel at the time?
>>
I didn't give a fuck because I never got into Onimusha, although I remember wanting to try it out badly as a kid.

Jean Reno, like many frenchman, is pretty fucking based tbhwy mate
>>
as a french dude i always felt so weird seeing this game at the store because to me Jean Reno was that actor playing in shitty french comedies
>>
>>319530153

Regarde le Grand Bleu et revient t'excuser sur ce fil mon pédé.
>>
>>319530153
>Jean Reno turned down Agent Smith for a part in Roland Emmerich's Godzilla

;_;
>>
>>319530369
>Vietnamese anonymous sewing imageboard
>Speaks French
>Likes Jean Reno

Yep, that's why we are the butt of every joke.
>>
>>319529706

Good. The French can suck a cock. They're annoying as fuck.
>>
>>319530449

WUUUUT
>>
>>319530738
When the script was written originally in the early '90s, the plan was to have Brandon Lee as Neo and Jean Reno as Agent Smith. Naturally, when the film was green-lit, Lee was dead, so that didn't pan out, but Reno was outright offered the gig, but he turned it down.
>>
File: 1432232703624.png (204 KB, 320x312) Image search: [Google]
1432232703624.png
204 KB, 320x312
>>319529706
I didn't give a fuck?

I certainly didn't start playing Onimusha because one day they would make the 3rd game featuring a french dude that stared in some badass action movies.
>>
>>319530153
>Jean Reno was that actor playing in shitty french comedies
He did comedies? I thought he was French Bruce Willis.

Then again I only watched two movies with Jean Reno in it.
>>
>>319531412
He was predominantly in pseudo-arthouse action and drama movies during the '80s and '90s before he started basically just accepting anything he was offered, which included lots of run of the mill romantic comedies and dramas.
>>
Only Onimusha game I ever played and I didn't know who Jean Reno was as an actor (only that "this character's face looks familiar" feeling).

I thought it was pretty good.
>>
File: 1446947619695.jpg (10 KB, 171x195) Image search: [Google]
1446947619695.jpg
10 KB, 171x195
>>319530153
>There will never be an Onimusha game starring Jean Paul Belmondo
>>
>>319529706
>Employ Jean Reno
>Hire a no name voice actor for Wnglish version despite the fact that Jean Reno can speak perfectly good English.
>>
>>319531509
He also did a lot of work with Luc Besson.
>>
>>319532325
It was never outright confirmed, but I remember a few magazines at the time implying that Capcom made an attempt to stiff Reno on the royalties when they realised they'd have to pay him more than they initially thought, so they only used him in the intro and ending.
>>
>>319532416
Of course, La Femme Nikita and Leon are probably his best work.
>>
that game had an incredible opening sequence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkIhvprU7FI
>>
>>319530891
He turned it down because filming was in Australia and he didn't feel like leaving his family for 4 months

But still imagine Jean Reno as Agent Smith. All respect to Hugo Weaving, but Jean Reno as Agent Smith would have been GOAT
>>319532598
And both are god-tier works

I also liked Crimson Rivers
>>
>>319529706
Pretty bad as its now pretty much impossible to get Onimusha HD trilogy
>>
I was pretty mad about it at the time, I was a fan of Reno because of his work in various films like French Kiss. I thought it was a wierd waste.
>>
>>319530153
i only remember him in that one good film with that loli gril that is clearly not cp even thou i can see her baby tits in her ultra fit and sweaty tank top
>>
>>319534632
/tv/ pls go and stay go
>>
>>319529706
Made me feel pretty strawberry.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.