[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does playing video games make you smarter, /v/? Does it stimulate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1428688003575.jpg (13 KB, 450x355) Image search: [Google]
1428688003575.jpg
13 KB, 450x355
Does playing video games make you smarter, /v/?

Does it stimulate your brain in a way that allows you to make better decisions and try better things first?

Does it increase your IQ number-wise?

Are you a smart person? Is your IQ high, low or average? Do you think that has anything to do with your gaming?
>>
As someone with an IQ of 156, I must admit that the fact that I am on a basically genious level certainly helped my career as a gamer over the time. As a result of that, I always have to carry my team to the victory, my reflexes are deadly and my brain processes information on screen at a stunning speed.
So yes. Intellect actually improves gaming and life performances. It might sounds unfair, but think about it; nature wasn't made around equality.
>>
>>319529781
Amazing post good sir have an upvote you magnificent bastard.
First page edit: Thanks for the gold stranger!
>>
>>319529337
>Does playing video games make you smarter, /v/?

no

>Does it stimulate your brain in a way that allows you to make better decisions and try better things first?

kinda

>Does it increase your IQ number-wise?
no

>Are you a smart person? Is your IQ high, low or average? Do you think that has anything to do with your gaming?

I don't know my IQ.
>>
games made me retarded so no
>>
>>319529781

Is this satire? I can't tell. If it isn't, and you really are that clever, then I'm happy for you, and you sure to seem to chose a weird place to spend your time for a guy who's so smart.

If it is, good on your for at least making me giggle.

Either way, you didn't really answer a lot of OP's questions.
>>
>>319529781
You forgot to tip your fedora
>>
>>319529841
ITT: People with a double digit IQ that will try to bash and humiliate me for my truthful statement.

I sometimes feel bad for you child, look at yourself man, jealousy is the way the double digit people shows their anger.
I know. It's not your fault, you were born with such a low IQ just enough to realize that you will never make it far in life.
>>
in the brief period when games used more than 4 buttons they were good for keeping your hand eye coordination sharp.
>>
"The smartest thing a smart person can do is not to reveal how smart he is."

My fedora is equipped.
>>
File: geimuzu.png (430 KB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
geimuzu.png
430 KB, 683x384
>>319529337
>>
>>319530048
I fully agree my good sir,I,as a person with an IQ of 184,am sick of religious people throwing their beliefs my way.
I'd rather be an good person than religious.
>>
File: NF6RPfw.png (310 KB, 388x477) Image search: [Google]
NF6RPfw.png
310 KB, 388x477
>>319530048
>>
>>319529781
>it might sounds
Tip that fedora harder
>>
"only losers care about iq" - some smart crippled guy
>>
>>319530048
>>319529781

Found the penta-fedora.
>>
Depends on the game but in my personal experience, my friends who do well academically usually pick up new mechanics in games quicker than those who don't. Obviously this is also affected by how many games they played in the past.
>>
>>319529781
>As someone with an IQ of 156 I was unable to understand the OP and thought instead that this was about intelligence making you a better player and not the other way arround: gaming improving your brain
>>
>>319530048
You can barely write a literate response.
Your b8 is hella weak, my man
>>
>>319530294

You'd think people with a high IQ could read, right? It's surprising how people who claim insane intelligence can't read a basic question.
>>
File: 1352829798719.png (91 KB, 1312x354) Image search: [Google]
1352829798719.png
91 KB, 1312x354
I've learned a lot of english, that's all I can say since I was above average to begin with.
>>
>>319529337
I'm pretty sure the only confirmed thing is that your reflexes profit from it and you take faster decisions
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.