[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 vs Xbox One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg (35 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg
35 KB, 900x506
Hey /v/. I already have a descent PC and a Wii U.

All I need is a PS4 and/or an Xbox One.

I will end up getting both, so it's a matter of which one i'll be getting first, and then later down the line getting the other.
>>
If you don't know which you want, chances are you don't need either right now.

PS4 has by far the strongest future lineup, Xbone has a stronger current lineup.
>>
>>319529054
Thanks for the info anon.
>>
Well, I don't own a PS4, but I did own an Xbox One. It was brand new and out of the box couldn't read discs so I had to send it back. Apparently this is actually a big problem and a lot of people have the same issue I had.
>>
>>319529664
Actually I didn't know that. I'll take that into

consideration when buying my next console
>>
File: Tearaway Unfolded.jpg (307 KB, 1209x1500) Image search: [Google]
Tearaway Unfolded.jpg
307 KB, 1209x1500
Get a PS4 so you can experience this amazing game.
>>
>>319528689
Get whatever console your friends have. Fuck gaming alone. If your friends have neither get a ps4
>>
Poor Xbox, Wii U is a dead console and nintendrones shill it everyday, why don't xbots try to help their beloved company with some shilling?
>>
i think you should just look at what games are currently out for both consoles, and buy whichever console has more games that you want.
>>
>>319531506
The ones that browse /v/ committed suicide in 2013.
>>
>>319531445
Well I have a lot of friends on Xone and I have a lot of friends on PS4. And both are 300$ dollars on Amazon rn.
>>
>>319531535
I like both lineups, but I can only get one in this current state.
>>
Get a PS4 because y not?
>>
The thing is you'll need to decide which online service to lock yourself into.

Now, I love the PS4. Even the meme movies like The Order and Until Dawn, but I'd be lying my dick off if I told you PSN > XBL. With games with Gold you get more "real" games than PSN, and the network is more reliable.
>>
>>319532389
Well I'm getting a console mostly for the exclusives. I have a PC for multi-plats.
>>
>>319528689
Own both, really just falls down to the games you want to play. For me, Xbox has more games that I want to play, I also find it's a lot better for jumping in and out of games and beats the Playstation 4 when it comes to the social aspect, I also prefer the controller.

The Playstation 4 has more power and it's smaller than the Xbox One. The power difference I don't really notice but then again I don't buy the 2 of the same game across my 2 consoles so I couldn't say really. It has a better design so it looks better than the Xbox and it fits nicely pretty much anywhere you put it.

In terms of buying games, Amazon seems to price Xbox One game higher than PS4 games, I don't know why but they're the only one that I see do this. Xbox One games are easier to purchase if you like digital and have a good DL speed. Many cd key sites sell for both platforms but for availability Xbox games outnumber PS4, they are also cheaper if you go down some "grey" paths.

Gold membership for Xbox can be purchased for a lot cheaper than Playstation Plus membership if you go to cdkeysDOTcom.

Both consoles are good, I prefer the Xbox but I still like the Playsation. Each have games that I want to play.
>>
>>319528689
>descent

Seeing as how you're clinically retarded, get both.
>>
>>319529054
Hmm, how does the Bone have a better lineup? Just wondering, not trying to start anything.
>>
>>319532684
I WISH I could get both.
>>
>>319531328
As someone who bought a Vita for this game, Tearaway is the reason I'll never buy another Sony console.
>want tearaway
>vita exclusive
>buy vita
>"this game is great, wish it were longer"
>game is made longer
>only for PS4
>not additional content for the people who make the game a success

Gravity Rush too
>glad I bought the Vita to play this
>oh, it's on PS4 now? guess I bought the Vita for nothing
>oh boy, a sequel is coming out?
>only on PS4
>the people who made the original a success get fucked in the ass
>>
>>319532825
Look, it was the early morning when I started this thread, and I have gotten ZERO sleep.
>>
>>319528689
ps4 is where the console gaming community is right now.

Wii U is nice but definitely should be bought as an afterthought.
>>
>>319532893
That's a pretty stupid reason. People shouldn't be able to play great games because they don't want to buy a Vita? That's childish.
>>
>>319533054
OP already said he has a Wii U you dumb fuck.
>>
>>319533054
I love my PS4 but I wish I hadn't bought plus all those years just to have shit games that go away when you let it lapse.

I mean, in a way I'm greatful, because the latest big budget explosion corridor is so refreshing now.

I had no idea how many shirt games existed.
>>
>>319528689
Jesus anon, it kinda seems like a waste, but if you really want a ps4/xbone when you already have a pc and wiiw, then go with the ps4. More exclusives and sony funds way more gaming projects.
>>
>>319528689

Xbox one if you like racing games and halo.

PS4 if you want bloodborne.
>>
>>319531698
tell your friends that they are all a bunch of stupid faggots and that they should have gotten a Wii U instead.
>>
>>319532862

I had to wait, got the Xbox first then grabbed a decent deal for the PS4 just recently. Just keep an eye out for deals floating around.

Just to add, Had my Xbox One since the midnight launch, still works fine. A lot of people complain about problems with there consoles and one of the most basic things you can do to help is to keep it in a place where it has good air circulation. Don't put it flush against a corner in a small shelf on your tv stand as it will damage it long term and may cause it to slow performance.

Also wipe the dust off it every now and then, some people are lazy shits when it comes to basic maintenance.
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/50Lquc0Zn1xWWGZ8xmAnHQ/
Don't you guys ever gets bored of seeing the exact same threads with the exact same posts all over and over?
>>
>>319528689
Get a PS4. Xbone has no games.
>>
>>319534142
Well, I made this thread for advice on buying a current gen console, nothing more.
>>
>>319534405
Or you could just take a look at the archives or lurk. Platform war is far from being the thing that /v/ lacks the most.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.