[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Dark Souls 2 regarded by most Souls fans as a disappointing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
Why was Dark Souls 2 regarded by most Souls fans as a disappointing game?
>>
Weaker level design, soul memory.

I still liked it, almost as much as the first game.
>>
Honestly, it's turned into a meme, because some guy on YouTube, named MatthewMatosis, made a video criticizing it heavily. Seems as though/v/ enjoys giving him a fellatio. Looking back, and playing through it, it's not all that bad. Quite enjoyable actually, and they improved the mechanics.
>>
>>319528094
It is a weaker game

It's a 7/10 while the rest of the series is a 8/10
>>
File: viper.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
It wasn't disappointing because most people knew it was going to be shit when the first trailer and information hit. It always felt 'off'.
It was more or less confirmed during the stress test.
>>
Those fucking gems
>>
>>319528094
because to hard
>>
>>319528094

>Shit bosses
>Shit OST
>shitty weapon degrading system tied to Framerate

it was "meh". The world design too was fucking retarded.
>>
they redid the controls and animations, making them all worse
dark souls 2 is the only souls game with mocap animations and they only made things worse
>>
retarded looking animations.
https://youtu.be/OSZUZRnB15s
Broken hitboxes.
Most of all, enemy attacks now have tracking on them, so they can spin around on a dime.

Half the fun of the other souls games was in learning to dodge, counter, or circle-strafe new enemies to hit them in the back. Not in this game.
>>
>>319529181
backstab needed a nerf but giving everything godlike tracking was dumb
>>
Because World of Warcraft tier enemy, character and weapon designs.
>>
CAUSE THOSE 3 FUCKING SENTINELS THAT SCREWED ME OVER. thats the reason i quite that game. im just not good at dark souls. its a good game but FUCK. fuck those GODDAMN FUCKING sentinels.
>>
Because you're basing your opinion off of /v/. It was markedly better than Dark Souls.
>>
>>319528094
Because DS1 fans are blind to how plain their favorite game is, so they try to lash out on second one
>>
Simple answer: B-team.

They left the project to less experienced people and without proper coordination they just added shit without properly testing it all. Then they started to near the deadline and they had the mess in their hands they didn't have the time to polish.
>>
>>319529181
>muh backstabs

>>319529291
The sentinels are easy.
1. Stay on the platform. Kill the first sentinel (stay behind him; his attacks are easy to dodge).
2. Wait for the second sentinel to jump into the platform.
3. Repeat step 1 until the third sentinel jumps into the platform.
4. Jump into the floor.
5. Finish the weakened sentinel
6. Kill the remaining one.
>>
Because relative to its series it was. Independent of that it's a great game with some flaws that are easy to point out and as a result are pointed out endlessly.
>>
>>319528094
It went through a complete clusterfuck of a development process where they were forced to pretty much re-do it in a middle of development by juggling finished and half-finished assets around plus downgrading the engine so past-gen consoles could run it.

It ended up as a mess of a game in pretty much all aspects aside from solid DLC, and even they were shitted up in invasions aspect because invader was unable to activate most switches so instead of crazy platform dickery in Shulva we got nothing.
>>
I dont know what it was but I felt no drive to go through the game more than twice, and put nowhere near as much time into it. I thought I was burned out on the gameplay formula but enjoyed Bloodborne thoroughly, and can still play through DaS and DeS. Still cant put my finger on what went wrong with DaS2, theres nothing massively flawed in the game but it just didnt click, maybe it was a combination of many somewhat minor grievances such as area design, boring enemy variety and matchmaking that built up to a disappointing experience, there isnt something conclusive you can point your finger at and blame.
>>
>>319529405
Woah... that makes so much sense
>>
>>319529506
>Blaming consoles when the Souls series has always been a console series

I'm glad Bloodborne is console exclusive.
>>
>>319529505
I don't really think this is a valid excuse unless you have rose tinted glassed glued to your face. DeS and DaS are both hilariously broken messes even to this day.
>>
>>319529654
>DeS and DaS are both hilariously broken messes even to this day.

Biggest exaggeration I've seen all day.
>>
It's the Souls games I have played most. Here's why it sucks massive cocks compared to others.

1. Setting is shit, makes no sense.
2. Not dark/grim, nothing mysterious about it.
3. Art style extremely plain.
4. Enemy design a shit.
5. Enemy placement a shit.
6. Enemy numbers a shit (although Bloodborne did worst, but somehow it works better).
7. Stories uninviting.
8. Too many NPCs with no real background.
9. No sense of mystery.
10. Artificial difficulty.

Other than that it's a pretty cool game, still better than 90% of the shit out there.
>>
can someone explain the fucking story to me? something about a castle that you need to get to? i understand its good to keep things hidden in the lore but i just had no idea what i was doing in that game and for what reason.
>>
>>319529654
>DeS and DaS are both hilariously broken messes even to this day.

I played both start to finish without issue and are both some of the best experiences I've had with the medium. Cut back on the exaggerating. I know you're on /v/, so that might be difficult, but give it a shot.
>>
>>319529405
The settings are somewhat generic, but the execution is excellent and distinctive in it's subtlety
>>
>>319529506
>Downgrading for past-gen
It was always since it's announcement a gen 7 game. Those graphics where always blatant bullshit.
>>
How do you play a hexer through the DLC? Seems like everything has resistance. The enemies. I don't even wanna think about the bosses.
>>
>>319529723
pretty much the same thing that happens at the beginning of dark souls one.

You died and went hollow, and for some reason, every hollow person ends up on that island.
>>
>>319528094
What I liked the most about DaS as well as what gave it the most longevity for me was the PvP.

DaS2 PvP is awful compared to DaS.

Among the other laundry list of things like ADP, shockwave hitboxes, boring bosses/enemies/areas.

It did look neat however I like the aesthetic.
>>
File: hotdogs.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hotdogs.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>319529718
>Bloodborne did worst, but somehow it works better
Because Bloodborne is optimized for a group combat. Almost any weapon has some sort of wide attacks that can hit anyone around you, you can get in and out fast. DS2 is a painfully slow mess of a game so ganks are painfully boring to endure because you need to be conservative as fuck.
>>
Literally just two small things. Everything else was more or less okay and liking or disliking those aspects was a matter of personal taste, I.e design/animations/polish, but just two little things are solely responsible for making DaS2 worse than it's predecessors.

Soul Memory and Adaptability.
>>
>>319529902
>DaS2 PvP is awful compared to DaS.

I didn't play that long past the release of the game, but during that brief period I definitely considered 2's PvP to be the one thing it excelled at over DaS.
>>
>>319529723
You're cursed, you travel to Drangleic to break the curse. Which if you finish the DLC and pick the other ending you actually do.
The DaS story is not as insane as people make it out to be. Made more sense to me than whatever happened during the later parts of Bloodborne.
>>
>>319529975
DS2 pvp forces you on arena instead of doing free invasions all around the game world thanks to absence of full orb, insane host advantage, inability to use switches and soul memory.

But when you are on arena, the next issue shows itself: the game literally has no pvp depth.
DS1 had backstab shenanigans and glitches that created a surprisingly deep meta, this is why DS1 pvp is popular even now. DS2 has nothing, typical arena battle is a WDR1 spamming shitfest where the first who is able to get enough hits in or parry fish hard enough wins.
>>
>>319529975
Not trying to sound condescending but that's probably because you're not very good (see: autistic) at DaS PvP.

Both games certainly aren't balanced. Each has their own respective bullshit but I prefer DaS to DaS2 any day.
>>
File: 1398144689923.jpg (41 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
1398144689923.jpg
41 KB, 309x309
>>319530173
http://nicoviewer.net/sm27210791
>that transition between ds1 and ds2
>>
>>319529972
This is what PvP only players see is wrong with the game, and thought its not wrong there are other factors to consider. There was a distinct lack of enemy variety, not enough wierd shit, weak area design, a map layout that made little to no sense and no real iconic fights. The person who thought up ADP should be drawn and quartered, in what world is this a good idea for a skill to invest in. Is it in DaS3?
>>
>>319529723
There is none. You do things for no reason and the game can't even justify it's own existence. The only thing it tells you with absolute certainty is that what you are doing is honestly pointless.
>Something, something souls
>Are u da new monarch??
>Seek the King
>The Dark sign suddenly becomes the Dark side of the force
>some vague, intentionally cryptic bullshit rhetoric that boils down to fucking nothing and never meant anything to begin with. Just verbal twaddle
>More unadulterated horse shit, cringe worthy exposition from an absolute whore
>Vague meaningless cave
>The end.
>>
>>319530262
>Is it in DaS3?
No. Judging by last gameplay trailer DS3 seems like a bloodborne with shields overall.
They've ditched adpt and soul memory, there's no poise but strong hyperarmor (which is evident when player uses murakumo - he was stunned by a light breeze before starting that insane spin2win which poised through anything), it seems very fast and aggressive.
>>
>>319528094
Quite simply DS2 feels like a game made by fans of the first two games. They tried to take the cool parts out of Demon's and Dark and slapped then together into a game the benefits from neither.

The risk/reward estus system is ruined with regen and health items, the "sprawling" world is actually very linear - sometimes literally just corridors, and the combat system intended for focusing on specific foes gets raped by throwing hoards at the player even during boss battles.

I'd still rather play DS2 than most other games, but it's a shit souls game.
>>
File: my guiding Moonlight.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
my guiding Moonlight.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>so hyped up about DS2 MLGS when game comes out
>it ends up being piece of shit in terms of moveset and gets nerfed fast so it's all-around just fucking useless
At least they've redeemed themselves with BB's MLGS.
>>
File: 14446403719322.png (215 KB, 267x396) Image search: [Google]
14446403719322.png
215 KB, 267x396
Personally I found roughly 85% of the environments dull. If you kill the atmosphere then that goes a long way to putting a dampener on everything else.

Also the lighting deserves to be mentioned, because something happened in the transition between DaS and DaS2 that meant I was regularly staring at huge fucking swathes of evenly-lit stone walls.
>>
>>319530173
>DS2 pvp forces you on arena instead of doing free invasions all around the game world

I greatly preferred this. When I PvP I want it to be straight forward 1v1 in an area designed for it. Soul Memory was definitely a downside though.

>DS1 had backstab shenanigans and glitches that created a surprisingly deep meta, this is why DS1 pvp is popular even now. DS2 has nothing, typical arena battle is a WDR1 spamming shitfest where the first who is able to get enough hits in or parry fish hard enough wins.

I hated the DaS PvP meta and I was really efficient at it. It just becomes exhausting baiting out backstabs, chainstabbing and reading hatemail ad nauseam. I was really glad that shit went away with 2. Also it was pretty early on when I quit playing, but I don't think there was really any Giantdad-like builds yet. Not sure if that changed.
>>
File: 12323.jpg (21 KB, 291x200) Image search: [Google]
12323.jpg
21 KB, 291x200
>>319530440
Murakumo was shown in DS3?
Tell me more.
>>
>>319529180
>they redid the controls and animations, making them all worse
>controls
>worse

Fuck you, the new jump is miles better than DaS.
>>
>>319528094
What killed the game for me was shrine of amana.
I played on pc, so it was already nerfed.
The problem was that while the player walks through knee deep water he is slowed down. The enemies on the other hand run through it and are not slowed down at all. Yet there is no equivalent to the rusted iron ring in DaS2, so there is no explanation why they should be able to run in water.
That is not "hard but fair", that is immersion breaking and retarded.
>>
>>319528094
Because it made the franchise popular and /v/ hates popular things.

/thread
>>
>>319530570
>I greatly preferred this
You guys really need to find an actual fighting game to follow.
>>
Dark Souls 2 had a few problems, but these problems were pretty big. For one the level design was pretty boring. I always felt it was too one way, no reason to explore and you weren't rewarded for exploring at all. The second being the bosses, to put in a way you can easily understand, the boss fights in Ds1 were either really good, or pretty shit and just forgettable. Dark Souls 2 didn't have any outward terrible bosses, it's like Dark Souls 2 was aiming for B's and C's on their report card while Dark Souls 1 was aiming for A's every time but sometimes it'd fuck up big time and get an F or D. There's also the fact both games never had any sort of endgame PvE other than 'lol redo the game again' so the thing that kept people was the PvP but Soul Memory ruined anysort of Organized PvP. When comparing it to other Souls games it has an okay PvE experience and a bad PvP experience. It's important to note that Dark Souls 1 also had major PvP issues but that's not AS bad because at least the PvP in Dark Souls 1 wasn't gated by Soul Memory and Ds1 actually had a Red Eye Orb instead of only Cracked Orbs which costed a shit ton of souls.
>>
>>319530523
>>it ends up being piece of shit in terms of moveset and gets nerfed fast so it's all-around just fucking useless
Yeah fuck you, Dark Souls 2's moonlight greatsword is still great after the repeated mutilation nerfs and it's my main weapon.
>>
>>319530605
Have you played Demon's souls? It was the exact same thing there, no rusted iron ring, and enemies had full movement. Made BP Selen super hard to beat even if you tried to cheese her.
>>
File: 1447084125565.jpg (105 KB, 597x658) Image search: [Google]
1447084125565.jpg
105 KB, 597x658
>>319528094
People hyped themselves up too much for it.
I had learned from previous disappointments to not get myself hyped up for a game, and ended up enjoying it the most out of the 3 souls games I played
>>
Level design sucks and Soul Memory is fucking retarded but otherwise it's fine. Like 7/10 if the rest of the Souls games are an 8.
>>
>>319528094
It's better than DS1 in every way except level design. Game is harder, longer, fantasy setting is superior to dark fantasy setting and the bosses are cool.
>>
>>319530704
>souls games will never have something as blatantly bullshit as doran ever again
>>
>>319530725
I had only played Dark Souls, loved it, ate up all the hype and wasn't disappointed.
Its bizarre to see the backlash.
>>
>>319530570
good pvpers arent going to be fishing for bses as its easy to counter

giant dad is a meme build

the objectively best build is demon spear + flip ring
>>
>>319530523
That moment was hands down the most hyped I have ever, EVER been in a Souls/notsouls fight. Too bad I died a couple of seconds later.
Glad I managed to avoid spoilers for it.
>>
>>319529643
>im glad memeborne runs at <30fps
>im glad memeborne has no weapons
>im glad memeborne objects and enemies disappear when you look at them
>im glad memeborne was only half finished
>>
File: 1449243800916.webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1449243800916.webm
3 MB, 768x432
>>319530582
>>
>>319530848
Whoa! I haven't seen this footage!
Source pls?
>>
File: 1449454852381.jpg (5 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
1449454852381.jpg
5 KB, 239x250
>>319530786
>Demon/Ornstein Spear and Grass Crest Sheild
Luckily the vast majority of shitters never caught on and were too busy using Zweihanders and Katanas. If more people used that build it would have literally ruined the game for me.
>>
File: 1449276511808.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449276511808.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>319530848
>>
>>319530769
I don't think I've ever beaten Dolan fairly, I usually infinite backstab him with melee builds and poison/plague gas him with casters.
>>
>>319529881
i think the dlc enemies all have different damage calculation for spells.
for example the blue smelter demon is weak to dark but ranged dark like grs does no damage while the blacksword does 1000 dmg
>>
>>319530704
No I didnt play it, but from what I've heard it had other redeeming qualities.
I'm aware that it is a minor issue, but the rest of the game wasnt that good to begin with, so that was just the moment was just the straw that broke the camels back
>>
>>319530940
MY
FUCKING
DICK
>>
File: 1336921211270.png (35 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
1336921211270.png
35 KB, 200x219
>>319530848
>>319530940

DaS3 Murakumo makes my dick so hard.
>>
>>319530848
Swear to god, if there isnt a dual fist option I will be pissed to all hell.
I am not very optimistic about the weapon changes in 3.
>>
>>319530440
Im ok with this. Having played Bloodborne and then went back to DaS the poise felt jarring at times, as it would let you straight up tank some attacks it also means I can now play fashion Souls and not need worry about that stat now. Its nice to see that the animations are also more fluid, it doesnt look as clunky as the other Souls games, from movement to attack animations it all looks swell.
>>
Rehashed bosses, overuse of "giant armored knight with big sword enemies and bosses and cheap AI tracking issues aside, DS2 really doesn't get enough credit for what it did right. Making repair something that actually maters instead of a nearly pointless miniscule souls sink you only rarely have to deal with, making a shitton of weapons and builds that used to be utterly worthless viable, changing around NG+ and adding new things to it, simplifying the annoying upgrade system and adding a re-spec which is something the "A-team" refuses to do for whatever reason.
>>
>>319528094

It plays better than the first but the terrible level design is the worst aspect. Also the world feels bland compared to DkS1.
>>
>>319531001
>>319531046
All I can think about is the hidden stamina bar and how much stamina it takes for that shit. Also it's likely they'll just make Katanas and Great Swords the best weapons again.
>>
Dark souls sucks ass
>>
Amana was annoying but I never got everyone's problem with it. Hell I went melee only on my first run and a I got through Amana pre-nerf just fine.

The Gutter and Black Gulch can fuck off though. The dog things down there do so much fucking damage with 0 frames of windup.
>>
>>319528951
I felt that it was far worse than both DeS and DaS1 by the time I reached the Last Giant.
It was only months after that video was released that I became aware of it's existence, so fuck off saying that anybody who doesn't like DaS2 is just parroting MatthewMatosis.
>>
>>319531186
>The Gutter and Black Gulch can fuck off though
Weird, the only problem I had with those were the jumps and getting lost.
>>
>>319530531
This desu
>>
>>319530917
dark souls 3 gameplay trailer
>>
Honestly for me about 90% of my preffrence to DaS 1 is due to soul memory.
I really loved low lvl pvp in DaS, including twinking, getting twinked, anti twinking and so on. Honrbra pvp is fine I guess, but it's harder to be creative in killing a player in a 1 v 1 fight than it is to just fuck with people.

THAT SAID. early on rat convent death trap thingy was pretty damn fun before people learned to either not move or to disconnect.
>>
>>319530991
I see, well Demon's "blight town" world is very expansive with big enemies with clubs and clevers that'll run you down and bash into a wet spot unless you know exactly what you're doing. All the while you're slogging around constantly poisoned.

Compared to the difficulty of world 5-2, DkS swamp segments are easier even without the ring.
>>
>>319530940
So buffs will actually last longer, I'm guessing that they will use the old animation instead of the fast one from the network test, what a shame
>>
>>319531262
I don't know if it was because I was playing at 60 FPS on the PC version but there's literally no way to anticipate those dog's attacks, if you couldn't get completely behind them you'd still get hit from the side too. Worst hitboxes in the whole game.
>>
>>319531329
cleavers
>>
>>319528094
Good game, probably goty compared to other shit these days.

It's just the worse in the souls series so far.

People who say it's 100% shit haven't played it and are just spouting memes to make themselves sound cool.
>>
File: rest in peace foul beast.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rest in peace foul beast.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>319530683
>Dark Souls 2's moonlight greatsword is still great
>a greatsword with useless UGS moveset even a complete retard can dodge
>with a projectile that has virtually no free aiming
>does no damage on top of it because lmao elemental defense
>>
>>319531353
The one that has faster animation is lighting resin. This is fire one.
I think they will make lighting resin work like a tonitrus from bloodborne: only lasts like 10 seconds but fast to apply.
>>
It's clear that DaS2 basically had to restart development at some point, meaning the vast majority of the game is pretty unpolished. It's not a matter of "B-team" as you can see the DLC is up to snuff with DaS1 and BB.

As for the story, it gets a lot of flak, but I think it's pretty good. As opposed to inevitable entropy in DaS1, the nihilism in DaS2 is more of a take on samsara or nietzsche's eternal recurrence.
>>
I just wonder why the last boss was so goddamn easy.
>>
>>319531186
in ng+ and beyond the hollows with the broken dark swords can take like 90% of your hp
>>
Wasn't very dark looked like someone oopsed on the contrast at the last minute and didn't really feel like going back and changing it
>>
>>319531409
Not him, but I remember the day I could enchant and buff that shit
>enchanted magic weapon MLGS
>Hits for 1000 damage

Fun times.
>>
File: shia 2.jpg (86 KB, 1621x886) Image search: [Google]
shia 2.jpg
86 KB, 1621x886
Oh shit I forgot about the Falconers! What the fuck happened to them in SoTFS?

They fucking slip-n-slide right on over to you. Seriously those cunts are one disco light away from being the king of pop.

I assumed the increased framerate broke them but I don't remember how they were in the original version.
>>
File: 1441972389434.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1441972389434.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>319531627
>going to shrine of winter for the first time in scholar
>oh hey it's those guys from the base game's ng+, i wonder how they are now
>they run up to me with the most hilarious fucking walk cycle on earth
>>
>>319531502
Thise guys are chumps and you can see their attacks coming a mile away at least. The dogs are relatively beefy unless you do Black Gulch last before Drangleic. Roasting those fuckers with Lightning Spears on my second run was so satisfying.
>>
>>319531627
they only appeared at the very beginning of NG+, and they actually had falcons

their animations look much better

take a look yourself, mute the audio though, this is the first NG+ video I found and I can't be bothered to look for one without screeching people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwlXmx8CG9I
>>
>>319529704
Blllllllllighttown
>>
>>319529654
>>319529704
>>319532261
>Blighttown
Aside from fps, Blighttown is fine? The only thing I can think of that is broken about it is the mosquitoes that can track you through the map.

Aside from that I had no issues with DaS, and I'm currently playing through DeS for the first time and having no issues at all aside from fucking Maneaters, I haven't died a single time on any other boss[/spoilers]

This broken mess meme needs to stop
>>
>>319528094
Because Neogaf made a picture about B-team.
>>
>>319531838
there are some in things betwixt in ng+
there are about 5 in front of the shrine of winter
and a group at the first bonfire in freja's area
>>
File: das2.jpg (754 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
das2.jpg
754 KB, 1920x1080
I don't understand how they managed to make such an ugly game in a series with such great art design. I'm not talking about the actual graphics either, DaS1 is a pretty ugly game graphically but the art design was great.

Obviously this is a pretty cherry picky image but it encompasses everything I hate about the game's aesthetic.
>>
>>319529451
I love these kind of posts in all souls threads

>How do I beat X?
>Just do what you are supposed to
>>
>>319532414
> aside from the fps

Well that's a clear indicator of a mess i'd say. Poor optimization clearly. And there are other underlying problems with the pc port that dsfix addresses
>>
>>319531298
>early on rat convent
Man I really hope this returns in DaSIII
I had so much fun on release killing scrubs in the rat covenant. I felt like a fucking dick but it was so fun. I only joined it in doors of pharros though. Grave of saints was really easy as most of the people summoning your grey spirit there were shitters that actually had to rely on the mobs. Once you killed the mobs they buckled under the pressure for an easy kill.
>>
>>319532917
Yeah the PC port is absolutely fucked. I first played it on 360 so it was actually playable without mods, but unless people are saying the entire game is a broken mess based solely on vanilla PC version, then yes they are overreacting.
>>
>>319530598
the only thing better is having the option of pressing the right stick to jump
the jump mechanics are worse
>>
>>319528951
>jewtube celebs
>>
>>319531480
B-team is basically a meme at this point since someone did a comparison image that showed only like 3-4 important people were gone. Miyazaki was on board as supervisor after they booted the two other guys.

>>319532554
I don't see what's wrong with this image other than your character looking like he has downs, which is par for the course of a Fromsoft game.
>>
>>319533563
who is she
>>
>>319533731
>She
>>
>>319533731
>she
>>
>>319533731
anon, i...
>>
>>319528094
because shitters couldn't parry/backstab to win in pvp. not to mention everyone bought the original release and then SotFS was announced, which split the community.
>>
Level Design in DS1 was awesome. Everything was connected. Areas were super varied. Areas felt actually dangerous. Everything was super detailed.

Level Desing in DS2 = Final Fantasy XIII like corridors only - everywhere.

Instant fast travel sucks. They were too lazy to design a intertwined world. Unlockable shortcuts were a joke and did not feel rewarding at all. If there even were any.

Too many human-esque bosses.
>>
>>319528094
It was disapointing until the DLCs came out
>>
>>319528094
I came to enjoy the movement more than DaS over time. What sucks about Dark Souls II goes beyond the B-team meme though. It's a bad game conceptually. I remember my immediate impression was that it felt like their attempt at a 'AAA' game, feeding into their own memes and kind of leaving behind the most loyal part of their fanbase.
>>
>>319535809
2nd DLC = literally unbeatable. Fume Knight cannot be defeated.

have 99 str. Use strongest Str. weapon: Deals no Damage at all.
Have 99 dex. Use strongest dex weapon. Deals no Damage at all.
Have 99 int. Use strongest magic/pyro/hex in the game: Deals no damage at all.

Have best armor in the game - might as well be naked because you get ridiculous damage.

And I'm talking about standard NG and not NG+ XY
>>
>>319536543
I spent like 3 hours playing the Old Iron King DLC and I remember it took me exactly 52 minutes to beat Fume Knight on NG and I was using the Great Lance. I do agree that on NG+ he just has way too high defenses to kil.
>>
>>319528661
This. Plus I literally know someone who played Dark Souls 2 first and never played Dark Souls 1. He watched me play DaS1 for 30 minutes and immediately said the world looks/feels more dark and realistic and the character moves more life like.

And that's the power of failure right there.
>>
>>319529291
I think those sentinels and other bosses and areas are meant to stop pirate players from playing.

Yeah, the sentinels were impossible for me too, but all I had to do was use a human effigy and summon 3 other shitters. They did everything for me, I just had to watch the show and maybe dodge a few attacks from one sentinel at the start while the other 3 raped him.

Same thing at Iron Forge. Almost impossible to get through that area by yourself, so I had people do it for me. Original players barely have to deal with the game because of the summoning mechanic.
>>
>>319529181

A good solution to backstab fishing:

>Strafe enemy
>he takes measures against this by doing a different attack

The turtle knights were a nice example of this, in that they would push your shit in if you were to get behind them. They could have done some other shit like have them do a sweeping turn if you try and get around them too obviously.

Bad solution to backstab fishing:
>Most of DS2 enemies with their magnetic tracking, forcing you to dodge at the last second regardless of your position
>>
>>319528951
Never heard of this faggot and I still think DaS2 was a disappointment.
>>
>>319529175
>shit bosses
>what are Fume Knight, Sir Alonne and Burnt Ivory King
>Darklurker is also interesting
>>
>>319537073
Are you really that bad, Anon? So bad that you're justifying your shittiness with the delusion that the game was designed to be impossible without summoning phantoms?
neo v, i shiggy diggy etc
>>
>>319537248
Some areas (such as the Shrine of Amana) are impossible for certain builds. You just have to deal with it.
>>
>>319537312
>level up adp
>roll through entire game
Honestly thats one grievance i have with the entire series. I dunno how i would have balanced iframes but they make pve absolutely funless eventually
>>
>>319537312
I played through the game 3 times.
1st time Str build, heavy armor, extra large weapon
2nd time, NG+, re-skilled to DEX and used Thrusting Weapons.
3rd time I reskilled again on NG++ and used Magic.

Shrine of Amana was (one of) the easiest area/s in the game. All Builds can do it.
>>
>>319528951
yeah I don't think so. I knew, 2 hours into the game that it already felt way worse for the reasons:

>No interconnected map design and inconsistencies with the map layout
>Floaty movement and controls
>Hyper tracking

The game screams lazy in comparison to DaS1 in every way from the map all the way to the enemies and their AI.

That was long before Matthewmatosis.
I actually think he did a good job and I'm glad he came out and said the truth about that game. The problem is that people honestly give games too much praise without actually considering what went wrong these days. Someone needs to do for Bloodborne what he did for DaS2. Bloodborne is by no means worse than DaS2 or even as bad for that matter. But it isn't the great game everyone makes it out to be. Miyazaki made tons of mistakes that Matthewmatosis and others hated about DaS2 and more. From hyper tracking AI laziness to spamming of enemies in some areas just for free kills and still not solving common problems from the earlier games.

It certainly did movement better and it did combat very well in comparison to DaS2 but lacked content and yet still has horrible imbalances. I could have accepted way less weapon choice if it meant FAR more useable attacks and better balance with weapons/spells. But no, some are just awful and others are OP. The only way they found to fix it was making the insane damage boost on beasthood Beast Pellet comboing.

Yeah... I could keep going but I don't feel like typing anymore and I'm playing Dragon's Dogma now.
>>
>>319536543
here's how to beat fume knight

take off all your armor or equip light armor
equip a lighting infused espada ropera
equip rob+2, flyns ring, chloranthy ring+2 and red tear stone ring
get hit once by the mace guy
walk into the boss room and buff the rapier with sunlight blade and cast sacred oath
2 hand the rapier and proceed to dodge his attacks

if you have high agility and under 25% equip burden you should be able to dodge his attacks
>>
>>319533784
>>319533821
>>319533825

Well who is that person?
>>
>>319529274
Well like most everything with DaS2 they took the lazy way out of solving a problem. It felt like they put a lot of content but without much care to how it was going to all work together.
>>
>>319529918
That video worked more so because the AI didn't spam high tracking attacks. It could have went either way. DaS2 never understood that but at least they did better with Bloodborne.
>>
>>319536543
please tell me this is a joke
>>
>>319537609
I think the difference with gank encounters between dark souls 2 and bloodborne is that dark souls 2 is slow as shit. It's the slowest of the series, and fighting more than 2 or 3 enemies at once is a chore and not fun. In bloodborne, because of how fast it is and how most weapons have deep movesets with moves that can hit multiple enemies (at least the ones i've used). I actually like getting surrounded in bloodborne and fighting everything off, because it feels so good to control
>>
>>319538397
>AI didn't spam high tracking attacks
There's no high tracking attacks in BB, you can dodge virtually anything if you learn the timings.
>>
>>319538538
I'll give bloodborne that. It does multiple encounters much better. But to be honest just lowering the damn tracking attacks would have helped multiple enemy encounters feel better in DaS2.
>>
>>319528094

Only on /v/
>>
>>319538579
There are. It's better than DaS2 but its still there. Also the DLC... Some enemies in that are literally DaS2 levels of retarded with tracking. Looking at you Fish monster.
>>
File: SOTFS.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
SOTFS.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1440
>>319528094
>Busted Lighting system even in SOTFS
>Mishmash world and inconsistant lore/references
>Movement lost it's weighty fluidness and became loose and just wrong
Everything about Dark Souls 2 was people making a Dark Souls game without properly understanding what made Dark/Demon Souls special to begin with.

It's the age old "Miyazaki should have directed it" problem, which no longer matters with DS3 on the way

However DS2 goes a long way in making up for it's short comings by having a rather ridiculous amount of content, along with running nicely on PC, it's a more fun to play than Dark Souls due to it working and having plenty to do even after beating the "story".

But Dark Souls was still the better game.
>>
>>319528094
Because they're easily influenced by shitposters.
>>
>>319528094
me playing DS2.
Want to cap my level at 100-something
Find millions of souls afterwards
Having to play against level 300+ players.
>>
File: 1370091681-dark-souls-2-art-1.jpg (727 KB, 2466x1024) Image search: [Google]
1370091681-dark-souls-2-art-1.jpg
727 KB, 2466x1024
>>319539024
Lets not forget the metal shaft on the windmill you're supposed to burn.

It's little shit like that go to show how disjointed larger teams can be without a strong directorial hand.

You're just a 3D artist and you've been told to make a windmill based roughly on this concept art. Without direct contact with the level design team you're not going to know that the shaft needs to appear flammable for gameplay purposes you're just making a windmill. That's why you need the director to make sure everyone has the same vision and everyone is on the same page.
>>
>>319537235
>What about these?
>Please insert 20 more bucks

When the main game has shit bosses, and the only interesting/fun fights are in dlc or literally the longest side quest...
>>
File: gallery_30_2055_img.jpg (765 KB, 2048x870) Image search: [Google]
gallery_30_2055_img.jpg
765 KB, 2048x870
Dark Souls II had some incredible looking concept art and it's a real shame almost none of it came through in the final game.
>>
>>319528094
Core game is same as any souls game, lost on atmosphere simply because locations are designed for different lighting. One atmosphere back in DLCs which are great on par with original.
>>
>>319528094
atmosphere is DS2's main problem. Plus, for a lot of people, Dark Souls 1 was their first souls game, and that level of surprise when the gameplay was difficult, was genuine. gameplay-wise, DS2 is a drastic improvement over DS1.
>>
>>319539745
Devs have no balls these days, always go for conventional and common thing. You know something is wrong when documentary film from BBC has better real life locations than a video game.
>>
>>319539960
>Core game is same as any souls game
Egh, I think the fact that they went with motion captured animations for DSII really hurt it. It made the game far less responsive as a result. Also all the other poor decisions like adaptability, soul memory, and the move from largely having placed items to random rare drops made it far less enjoyable than it's predecessor.

Both Bloodborne and DSIII went back to hand crafted animations so luckily we won't have to deal with another souls feeling like shit to play.

Still I think the main reason people didn't care for DSII was because they were used to each game being a major improvement, Dark Souls was a substantial upgrade over Demon's Souls, the world design was better, it dropped shitty aspects like the item burden and world tendency while improving the core gameplay. DSII failed to make any meaningful improvements like Dark Souls did and it failed to make the world interesting to explore.
>>
>>319528094
Game got aborted during the development cycle and changed hands a few times. I'm surprised the final product ended up as okay as it did.
>>
>>319540407
>it made the game far less responsive as a result.

Oh i don't know, did you play it on console? Maybe it's 60fps talking but ds2 felt much smoother and fluid to me.
>>
>>319540604
I played it on Console and PC. I wasn't going to wait however many months it was until PC version came out.

That said DSII is far less responsive than any of the previous games.

The character moves and reacts to your inputs with a far greater delay because of the way the motion captured animation data is handled. That sort of sluggish reaction is a staple motion captured animations, same shit it true for the last two Witcher games.

What you might be doing is mistaking the fluidity of a higher framerate for more responsive controls, since you likely played Demon's and Dark at 30.
>>
>>319537609
I think you should stop sucking Matthewmatosis dick
>>
Where are all the regular ass people in the Dark Souls universe?
>>
>>319536543
Nigga I got DS2 Scholars edition, I stumbled into the DLC by ACCIDENT, before I even found Drangleic.
Somehow made it to Fume Knight, it took me 5 fucking days, 5 days but by learning his pattern alone I beat him.
His 2d phase was almost impossible because of my retard leveling, I had practically no resistance. I could not afford to get hit.
And yea, fighting him with armor is a death trap.
>>
>>319537008
I still haven't played DS1 man.
I've played Demon Souls about 5 years ago, played DS2 only like 2 months ago and just finished BB.
I have yet to experience DS1 because I'm saving it for PC.
I really want a PC
>>
>>319537512
I left ADP at 9 and still beat the game + had some fun PVP fights
>>
>Shitty world design
>retarded story
>generally worse boss designs across the board.
>more annoying technical flaws
>soul memory
>adp
>hitboxes
>obnoxious tracking
>something about the movement irks me, can't put my finger on it but everything feels more sluggish than ds1.

It just feels like a step back.
>>
>>319538173
Sarina Valentina. Transgender. Now go and fap in peace.
>>
>>319528951
Who?
>>
Cause unlike DeS DaS and BB you basically never lose your souls. The other games require you to get good. In DaS2 you just fix one of your FOUR rings to prevent you from losing souls and they are dirt cheap to fix. Basically no threat. People say Bloodborne is the easiest souls game but its undoubtedly 2.
>>
>Souls was never meant to have direct numbered sequels
>DeS, DaS and Blooborne all work
>DaS2 the first direct numbered sequel does not

Mystery solved.
>>
>>319546183
this so much

People are always shitposting about BB being easy and while it is easy once you get the hang of it, it is 100 times harder than DS2. Literally the only boss that gave me trouble was poison lady because I didn't know about the windmill.
>>
File: 1404460279621.png (7 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1404460279621.png
7 KB, 201x199
>>319528094
Beats me. SOTFS is by far the best game in the series. If we're only talking DaS2, it's an equal to DaS at the very least, but in no way is it worse.
>best balanced
>most varied
>best atmosphere
>equal music to DaS
>had a few bugs that weren't fixed until SOTFS including items extremely rarely breaking faster because of 60 fps, excessive shockwaves etc - but these don't exist in SOTFS from my experience
>best functioning and most entertaining online, even with soul memory in regards
>both the worst and the best bosses in the entire series, some are just plain lazy (rats), some set a new standard for what makes a good boss (Sir Alonne)
>since there's about twice as many bosses as in DaS though, they're roughly equal: actually DaS has a higher percentage of garbage bosses
>there exist people who are so bad at third person action games that AGI/ADP is STILL an argument they attempt to use for why the game is bad
etc
>>
>>319543341
just get it for xbox/ps3 the pc port is awful
>>
>>319528094
>Why was Dark Souls 2 regarded by most Souls fans as a disappointing game?

Honestly? Most people didn't know what adaptability did, which led to them playing the game with shittier rolling, and that combined with the game being harder than the original left a bad taste in people's mouths

I think that is actually the main reason why
>>
>>319546976
>BB being easy and while it is easy once you get the hang of it

Never played it but why is that a negative? anything gets "easier" once you master it. If the mastery happens too early I can see that argument but it's still better than grinding in certain games and just strong arming your way through the game.
>>
>>319547034
Wow now this is a good post. Let me try making one.

My number will be 6
>>
>>319547445
I can't stand how long weapons stay lethal, sometimes bosses have exhausted their swing and the sword is barely moving yet if you touch it you still get damaged.
>>
>>319547476
Where did I say that it's a negative?
>>
>>319528951
>Honestly, it's turned into a meme, because some guy on YouTube, named MatthewMatosis, made a video criticizing it heavily.

this is the actual real reason why it's regarded as being a disappointment

a faggot complained that the game making the player character male for the one minute of gameplay before the character creator broke his immersion and everyone parroted everything he said afterwards
>>
>>319547597
No I didn't mean you said it it's just an argument against the game i've seen.
>>
>>319529181
I've always wondered what the fuck was up with those things and how they walked.
>>
>>319547593

Yeah, there are a bunch of little things like that to make the game harder.

It's a bit cheesy, sure.
>>
>>319529181
>Most of all, enemy attacks now have tracking on them, so they can spin around on a dime.

So, basically, the window of opportunity for dodging is now way smaller than it previously was.

This is a bad thing, how?
>>
>>319547603
>>319528951
The only reason I even know about this guy is because of the shill threads.

I thought Dark Souls 2 was disappointing before. You cannot dispute that.
>>
Casuals. DaS 1 babbies literally can't handle fighting more than one enemy and actually having to work for backstabs.
>>
>>319547938
you don't represent all of /v/

more at 11
>>
Scholar of the First Sin is the best game in the series.
>>
>>319548019
>shit the guy proved me wrong thinking everyone on /v/ watches that one faggot
>ill tell the guy hes not all of /v/ even though he never implied it
lol
>>
>>319547692
Oh well yeah that's always going to be a topic when it comes to hard games. There will always be those guys that "get it" early and breeze through the game claiming that it's easy as fuck, but what can you do? If the games were difficult in a way where you couldn't get good right from the start and blow through it then it would suck, the best thing about BB is having everything "click" for you and finally understanding how to handle yourself in battle. It doesn't make the game "easier" because the opportunity for you to play so well has always been there, but instead it's like you've unlocked some new powers or something.
>>
>>319529539

Yeah... this. I dunno man, this game just didn't click with me like the other three games did.

I thought about buying SotFS because I didn't play the DLC, but I have no desire to go back to that game. I know it'll end up feeling like a chore to play.
>>
File: stupid and retarded.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5964) Image search: [Google]
stupid and retarded.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5964
>>319548019
When did I ever say I represented all of /v/? Even before that faggot made his video, people called it disappointing. Get over it you fucking sperg
>>
File: 1447318765804.png (51 KB, 227x189) Image search: [Google]
1447318765804.png
51 KB, 227x189
>mfw pvping in dark souls 2
>mfw people try and say the netcode is better than dark souls 1's
What the fuck? How did FROM think this was okay? At least in Dark Souls 1 I could salvage a bad situation, but here it's just "Welp, might as well sit here and fucking die."
>>
>>319548298
>people
You and your boyfriend Jamal aren't the rest of /v/.
>>
>>319528094
Because it was rushed. The story is obviously incomplete and the world connectivity (something which Dark Souls was praised for and Demon's Souls handled cleverly) was awful.

It also doesn't help that everyone rushed out to play it on day 1 when it was a broken mess. Dark Souls 1 was also fucked at launch, but a lot of people didn't play it until a year later, or when PTDE came out, so they skipped over the shitty buggy stage and just got to play the final product. The expansions and SOTFS and various patches have fixed a lot of its issues but it left a bad first impression.

It also doesn't help that Dark Souls 1 was a sleeper hit that a lot of mainstream journalists completely ignored, but by the time of Dark Souls 2's release, Dark Souls was considered a cult classic. So everyone had to pretend to "get it" by lavishing DS2 with 10/10 scores which it frankly didn't deserve and that rubbed the fanbase the wrong way.
>>
>>319548531
Keep blaming it on one reviewer if that's what makes you feel better.
>>
>>319548506
>At least in Dark Souls 1 I could salvage a bad situation

No, you couldn't. It was just as bad, if not worse. No Fromsoft game has ever had good multiplayer.
>>
>>319548663
Don't tell me what I can and can't do, because there are situations in Dark Souls 1 where I turned it the fuck around but in Dark Souls 2 I couldn't have a chance because I was getting hit from across the fucking arena/map.
>>
>>319548660
I'm not him.
>>
>>319548808
Never said you were.
>>
>>319548757
And there are situations in Dark Souls 2 where I turned it the fuck around but in Dark Souls 1 I couldn't have a chance because I was getting hit from across the fucking arena/map.

What's your point? It's terrible in both.
>>
>>319548663
>No Fromsoft game has ever had good multiplayer.
This, I cant fathom why people strive to do nothing but this when its so fucking broken and unreliable. Nothing to do with the actual gameplay but the netcode and matchmaking itself is just awful.
>>
>>319548867
Didn't imply that you did.
>>
>>319548930
You're missing my point and answering criticism with criticism.
I am saying that while DaS 1 had bad netcode, 2's was fucking worse. How hard is that to understand?
>>
File: 666.jpg (666 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
666 KB, 666x666
>>319548663
>No Fromsoft game has ever had good multiplayer
This nigga didn't do the most fun thing fucking available in online games: Ganking

>create new character
>bumrush to Straid's while keeping soul count at no more than 39k, get Agape Ring, get whatever other gear/leveling/etc i need, even from much later into the game such as the boss soul whip with poison
>savescum for infinite cracked red eye orbs
>gank all day erryday in any of the starting zones, most effectively Forest, Heide's and Wharf
>>
>>319548976
would you shut the fuck up already
>>
>>319549196
No you shut the fuck up
>>
>>319548976
Stop.
>>
>>319531485

DaS II's final boss is way harder than DaS1. DaS1 had an intentionally shitty final boss.
>>
>>319549103
Ill never knock anyone who ganks because this is exactly what the invasion feature was suppose to be, a nemsis asshole coming into your game to ruin your fun, it isnt suppose to be a fair fight. Do what you have to to live and do what is necessary to kill, it is not a duel its a murderer chasing you down.

I miss the burg and getting summoned by low levels and defending them from gankers, it was fun, the other games completely removed the ability or want to do any of this stuff.
>>
>>319528094
welp, soul memory, disjointed world (windmill elevator leading to lava land) and most of the difficulty being "loads of enemies in small place".

the combat is way smoother then the first, and no instant backstabs is also good. Shame there are so few unique movesets.

it's not a bad game on itself, but it is a fairly weak souls game in my opinion.
>>
>>319549446
Maybe I should invade you

My ganking also works pretty decently backwards, I mean as a blueboy. Just scum infinite blue orbs instead and anti invade. I could be your Joker, you would be my Batman.
>>
>>319549103
That's not ganking that's twinking, ganking is purposely summoning reds/waiting for invasions to beat them up with 2 other friends.
I've done the twinking, I like to think it livens up people's playthroughs.
>>
>>319530848
hmm, it is kinda weird how disjointed the attack after the big swinging attack was, hope they fix that on release
>>
Question: I beat DaS II when it came out and just picked up SOTFS because I never did any of the DLC. I noticed the enemies are set up differently in the base game zones, and in some places it deliberately makes the fight easier. Was this intentional? Like I saw they moved the positioning of a lot of the big iron guys with hammers in the first zone.
>>
>>319537008
For me the first time I played Dark Souls 2(rented from redbox) I hated it because of the animations. It went from gorgeous hand animation to shitty mocap.

Looking at stuff like the walking/running animations I could only wonder who the fuck they motion captured.

Still eventually ended up really enjoying it after buying and playing through Scholar of the First Sin
>>
>>319549802
>twinking
Nah that would mean that I got a friend to hand me +10 weapons. I go with unupgraded everything to try to stay on relatively fair terms (of course I'm still doing the whole MURDERING YOU NO MATTER WHAT style)
>>
>>319549447
>disliking instant backstabs
>>
DeS > DaS2 >>>>> DaS1

Open world was a mistake.
>>
File: drakengard.png (83 KB, 353x447) Image search: [Google]
drakengard.png
83 KB, 353x447
>>319539604
>When the main game has shit bosses, and the only interesting/fun fights are in dlc
What, you mean, just like in DaS1?
>>
ITT:
>X is bad
>I didn't have a problem with X
>Yes you did
>No I didn't

What a productive discussion
>>
>>319528094
Bland level, enemy, and boss design. Bland aesthetics.
>>
>>319549914
Yeah, supposedly they got Miyazaki himself to do a second pass on the enemy placements. It is improved in almost every area. In a few it's made worse.

>>319550131
Nah. The tension of going through Blighttown and not knowing where I was going to end up or whether it was even possible to backtrack out is unforgettable. The relief when you get to the other end and ride the New Londo elevator back up and hear the Firelink song for the first time in hours is the best moment in the series.
>>
>>319539501
at least in the sotfs you have an NPC small white sign, the phantom will point towards the windmill when you pass.
at least, I was pretty sure it was an NPC and not a real player, he was retarded and had an enormous healthpool.
>>
>>319537235
4 decent bosses in a game with a shitload of bosses isn't an accomlpishment.
>>
>>319550370
Don't deliberately miss out on
>X is good because reasons
>No its not
>Yes it is
>>
File: 1401086485645.jpg (221 KB, 874x302) Image search: [Google]
1401086485645.jpg
221 KB, 874x302
What baffles me the most is that people were pouring out OC when DaS2 was released, when asked if I should buy the game I had an overwhelming "yes" answer, and now you can't have a thread without people fighting over whether it's shit or bad.
>>
>Shibuya is in charge of development
>FROM is concerned his game is not Souls-y enough
>assign Tanimura as the game director mid-way into the development
>can't rebuild the game from scratch, forced to completely re-make the game using already created assets
>tries to salvage what can be salvaged
>still fails cause not enough time
There, whole story of DaS2 development in 6 lines of text.
I honestly think though he redeemed himself with DLC content and balance patches.
>>
>>319550507
Yeah there's an NPC who does that.
>>
>>319547779
They didn't bother finishing it since in the original game you were suposed to meet them somewhere where there was waist high grass
>>
>>319528094
it's an improvement over the first in every single category. /v/ is just an autism echochamber.
>>
>>319529175

I have to agree with the OST. Dark Souls had a much better musical score
>>
>>319549103
I also twink but I don't use upgraded gear or stuff, I like to give players a decent challenge, since at lower levels you don't encounter many experienced players.

I do keep an upgraded weapon nearby if the host summoned phantoms though
>>
I'll treat this as a From thread and ask if AC 4 through VD run any better on 360 than PS3.
>>
File: fuckimhigh.jpg (128 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
fuckimhigh.jpg
128 KB, 1440x810
The game is nowhere near as bad as /v/ makes it out to be. the DLC areas are fucking amazing. the main game itself feels kinda weak because of how linear it was compared to the first. /v/ is just full of babies that can't handle less I-frames and are pissed that they can't just circle around every enemy and backstab their way though the game like they did with the first dark souls.
>>
>>319536391
dumbest shit i've ever read
>>
>>319550081
it made dark souls 1 pvp very boring (once again, that's my opinion, I accept if you don't agree with it)
>>
>>319550638
The DLC is definitely better than DS1 DLC. DS1 DLC had good bosses but it was really, really short and the level design was nothing special. DS2 DLC is really value for the money and with SotFS I consider the game equal or greater than DS1.
>>
File: Glee.jpg (116 KB, 441x369) Image search: [Google]
Glee.jpg
116 KB, 441x369
>>319533825
Every time
>>
>>319550897
I have to disagree. The only good theme is Gwyn's or O&S, the rest is borderline white noise.
>>
>>319550974
Your words are truth, but you're still shitposting with a fucking weeb image so fuck you.
>>
>>319551001
What makes DaS 1 pvp boring compared to 2 to me is that 2 has way more armor/weapons/magic in it. More variety. If they took 1's pvp and took 2's variety it'd be a perfect souls game
>>
File: 1391114364478.jpg (32 KB, 233x316) Image search: [Google]
1391114364478.jpg
32 KB, 233x316
>>319551073
What he said.
>>
I hate Soul Memory so much
It really fucks you over when experimenting with new weapons and in doing co-op. I didn't know about it at first and fucked myself over doing tons of boss runs trying to help people and rank myself up as a Sunbro. The agape ring exists but its like putting a bandaid on a broken bone
>>
I'm playing sotfs blind right now, but I've played base DaS2 and the DLC's a lot.

can a friendly anon tell me where I can find the DLC keys? I'd look it up, but I'm trying to keep this (slightly) new experience as spoilerfree as possible.

sure took me by surprise when I found the No Mans wharf boss in the area before lost sinner, but I guess it makes way more sense than those malformed creatures.
>>
What was the story of DaS2, thats the whole problem. Like they said "well, people liked the cryptic shit in DaS, so lets make this cryptic too, but we have no idea what the story is ourselves, well just hint that something is happening"
>>
>implying Dark Souls 2 has bad music, when The Old Dragonslayer is arguably the best and most memorable track in the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFrcmJQencc
>>
>>319529918
flame sprayer looks so fun
>>
>>319550974
this, dark souls 2 is pretty good except for the ridiculous lag in pvp
>>
>>319528951
>they improved the mechanics
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahaaaaa
>>
>>319529918
I really really hope we'll get this game for pc, I just don't have the money for a ps4 + subscription.
>>
>>319551257
>not Skeleton Lords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix_yRbANF34

I loved how it sounded more like DeS.
>>
>>319551291
>ridiculous lag in pvp
It's still the best/least laggy netcode of all their games. BB somehow got even worse than DaS, at least on EU servers.
>>
We have this thread every single day.
>>
>>319529019
What the fuck is a 10/10 to you?
>>
File: chaos-eater.jpg (33 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
chaos-eater.jpg
33 KB, 300x351
>>319551378
This too
>>
>>319551291
>>319551387
yea, japs were never good at decent netcode, kinda a shame.

Worst I ever had was that, even though cross region was disabled on DaS2, I had to fight a CHINESE guy.
>>
>>319551456
Harvest Moon 64
>>
>>319551359
I have yet to touch the multiplayer and have 100+ hours on it, I dont like monthly subs either, you dont need it, its a very solid game with enough content to keep you busy outside of multiplayer. The PvP is dead I hear, no point in paying to sit around waiting
>>
>>319551232
I guess the game's main theme was supposed to be "memory", judging from the cut dialogues with the loli Herald, the intro at the start of the game, various locations like giant/king memories and so on and so forth, but there is no clear way to tell since the game got butchered HARD.
>>
>>319538579
I think you're forgetting the thoughtful German boss battle.

That nigger had 100% tracking 100 percent of the time.
>>
>>319528094
>Why was Dark Souls 2 regarded by most Souls fans as a disappointing game?

>hitboxes
>"here's the fight against a boss, surprise, it's a knight
>>
>>319551517
>Chinese
Never had that happen to me luckily. I imagine it's because almost no asians play anything but Starcraft and LoL on PCs.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.