[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we at least agree that this is the best vidya RPG System
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
Can we at least agree that this is the best vidya RPG System that should be industry standart?
Yes it has its flaws, and should be improved, yet still...
>>
More RPGs should let your character have a backstory. I'd love one that let you craft your own backstory.
>>
>>319525074
pretty much, trainable skills using NPCs around the world, bonuses for capping an attribute and magic+tech options are fucking great.
>>
Arcanum is the best game ever we don't get games like this anymore because people have shit taste
>>
Arcanum is one of those rare few games that lets you play with a low intelligence run and actually see it reflected in the dialogue. You could also do the idiot savant run.
>>
File: 1341017751795.jpg (12 KB, 203x303) Image search: [Google]
1341017751795.jpg
12 KB, 203x303
>>319525074
>melee and magic builds are broken as shit
>guns won wars according to the lore
>>
>>319527584
They did.

But you're not fighting a war, are you?
>yfw one of the patches nerfed the fucking based SNIPER
>>
I really don't like the writing, I think it's trying to hard and when it's trying to be funny, it was cringy. Planescape Torment is way better in that sense, but yeah, the combats and general mechanics are way better in Arcanum.
>>
>females get +1 intelligence
>>
>>319525074
Yeah but but some fucking labels or description or something. I dont even know what half those fucking buttons, switches, knobs and bars do. And have explainations on what each DX,ST,IN, etc... means and what it effects.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGGoa1GSYS0
>>
>>319529523
Pretty sure they got -1str +1con
>>
>>319525234
>game lets you pick your backstory through dialogue responses
>>
>>319529579
is reading the manual really that hard?
>>
>>319529579
It's all explained.
In the game manual that came with the disks ;)
>>
>>319529657
>>319529680
Youre probably right. But if we're trying to improve things...
>>
>>319529342
Combat and gameplay in general is tradh whats wrong with you
>>
>>319530334
Well, you have to consider the reason most games didn't have tooltips back in the day was to save space. When 640x480 or even 800x600 is the standard, you dont' have much screen real estate to devote to tooltips, and people actually read the manual back in the day because of that. Nowadays there's not much excuse for not including descriptions in menus, but very few games don't.
>>
>>319525074
What is this game?
>>
File: arcanum.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
arcanum.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Arcanum is the best RPG I've played in a very, very long time.
>>
File: ship.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ship.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>319533272
Arcanum of Steamworks and Magic Obscura
>>
>>319533476
Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
I honestly don't get why people ride this games dick so much?

There are some nice touches here and there, but the only thing this game does well is details and even then they aren't that great. Map exploration was a fucking nightmare filled with huge swaths of nothing.The AI was wierd and buggy and I've had NPCs randomly turn hostile. It certainly isn't a BAD game, but I don't see why people worship it so much.
>>
>>319534262
It's brilliant in a lot of ways. I honestly should make a video about this game because of how much there is to say about it.
>>
>>319525074
Maybe but combats were horrible. Especially with the same fucking music throughout the entire game.
>>
>>319534262
its kind of like fallout if a smart talking small guns user wasnt the primary build.

Agree its pretty weak though
>>
>>319534262
Nostalgia has a lot to do with it, but the setting and the story is interesting for me atleast. Combat is horrid. I don't even know why they added real time as an option.
>>
>>319535434
Well you should.
>>
>>319529579
You can hover your mouse over your stats in the paper doll to see what they do. Didn't ever solve shit like "MSR"
>>319531148
>and people actually read the manual back in the day because of that.
I used to think that this is what the install time was purposely for
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.