[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats with all this love for Majora's Mask all of a sudden?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: legend-zelda-majoras-mask.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
legend-zelda-majoras-mask.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Whats with all this love for Majora's Mask all of a sudden? I feel like this really started when OoT 3DS came out and the fans started clamoring for MM to get it's own remake. I feel like 5 years ago or so people didn't hold it in that high of regard as it is today. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but I seriously don't think it compares with Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past.
>>
>>319518835

It's always had a strong fanbase apart from the main Zelda fanbase. They've just been coming out of the woodwork a bit more.
>>
>>319518835
I always liked MM more then OOT and thought OOT was too boring to get into desu.
>>
>>319518980
It's funny, cause I've seen the exact same thing happen with Super Mario Sunshine. I remember when it came out and it was panned by critics. About as bad as a Mario game can be panned anyway. Now it's also highly regarded as a solid entrance into the Mario franchise and people even want an HD remake.
>>
>>319518835
>all of a sudden
How fucking young are you?
>>
People have loved MM for a long fucking time.
>>
>>319518835
I've always love MM.
It scared the fuck out of me when I was younger, but I still loved it.
>>
>>319518835
What the fuck are you even talking about? Talk about the game died shortly after the remake came out.
>>
>>319519110
people still like it less than mario64 and mario galaxy
which is normal

don't get me wrong, all these 3 are great games, sunshine just a bit less
>>
>>319519353
I'm actually just bringing it up cause of that gamefaqs poll people have been shilling on here nonstop.
>>
you fuckin' faggot i've loved MM since I played it on the N64
>>
OP, don't mind the haters.

But you do need to learn your history. Majora's Mask has been the most popular Zelda game on the internet for 10 years now.

It started way back when TP was released and people started saying it sucked and was too much like OoT, that TWW was leagues better, but that game TOO popular an opinion. So suddenly contrarians, Zelda hipsters, legitimate Zelda fans, who were disappointed by TP banded and rallied together for change.

And so the Majora's Mask movement was born. It was then given new life that year or the next when a guy named HylianDan made up some fan-fic called "The Message of Majora's Mask" that MM fans used as their rallying call. In reality, it's a pretentious diatribe trying to make MM ambiguous for the sake of ambiguity (like a fourth of the article is devoted to trying to convince you that the two towers at the top of Stone Tower which look like Clocktower, are actually phalluses, and were erected because the gods are women). Thank grace that the SJW movement has never caught wind of that guy's writings yet.

After that, the MM movement fell more or less deathly silent, until Zelda Williams became their official spokesperson when she donned the mask at E3 2013. That was the same year ALBW was released with promises from Aonuma of "new MM info." In reality this was just some gag in the game (albeit a clever one) hidden in Hero Mode. But what the game lacked in fulfillment it redeemed in the creation of Project Rainfall which if you've browsed /v/ for the past few, should know well.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.