[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started playing pic related on pc and I keep getting framerate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: FinalFantasyXIII.jpg (719 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
FinalFantasyXIII.jpg
719 KB, 1600x1200
Just started playing pic related on pc and I keep getting framerate issues here and there. It goes from 60 to 20 everytime a battle begin. Anyone had this problem and found some solution for it? I tried to run it on a lower resolution and it's the same. Is there a fix?
>>
File: 1449542334661.jpg (9 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
1449542334661.jpg
9 KB, 222x216
I only had that problem in the area where you play as Hope and Vanille, and that high tech city. Rest of the game was fine.
>>
>>319517032
it's just a bad port man. they patched it once and added graphic options, no further optimization.
>>
File: best girl x worst girl.jpg (2 MB, 5464x2824) Image search: [Google]
best girl x worst girl.jpg
2 MB, 5464x2824
>>
But do you have a solution for these framedrops ?
>>
>>319518458
Buy a Ps3.
>>
>>319517032
This >>319517296.

Doesn't matter what your rig is. Dropping the shadow resolution was one thing I remember helping it, if I recall correctly. Even if your computer should be more than overqualified, it doesn't matter since it's such a crap port.
>>
>>319518701
>rig doesnt matter
it matters...
Runs here fine on Titan-Z... in ten years it will look good for everyone and be playable.

ps3 graphics are crap compared to glorious 4k PC.

the FF team in japan has no experience in PC this is their first foray in modern gaming with a team in japan. they did NOT outsource the port to western developers.

know lots about this if want know more from Kitsane down or whatever his name is spelled ask away...
>>
>>319519207
Went a bit too far with this shitpost friendo. It's not that it's not playable at 60 FPS for people, it's the random drops in framerate that are the issue. This isn't due to having a crap rig, it's entirely due to the engine shitting the bed due to poor coding.

Good thing we won't have to deal with PS3 ports for too much longer. PS4 ports and beyond shouldn't be this much of a hassle to convert.
>>
>>319519432
its due to SE not optimizing their game, thats what causes frame rate drops in demanding areas. Game runs fine if have a good enough rig though, that wasnt the point though. point was game will run fine for EVERYONE in a few years when the average tech catches up.
>>
>>319520219
>More shitposting
>Okay.jpg
>>
>>319520306
quit samefagging the thread noone cares about your whining for having a pleb tier rig
>>
It doesn't matter : my machine is more powerful than a ps3 and still has framedrops in battles
>>
Stop playing it on your shitty laptop.
Runs fine for me at max settings.
>>
>>319517032
It's a problem with the engine that they never bothered to fix
Basically it tries to do a super aggressive frame-pacing and every time your pc can't handle rock solid 60fps it'll trigger it
>>319520950
Well the ps3 version had fps drops in some scenes too and that was at 720p instead of the 1080p I assume you're using
The x360 version didn't have any fps drops but that was at 576p
The engine was coded for the cell, it's always Sony's fault
>>
friendly reminder that this game is worse than MGSV

Fuck you, fuck everyone who thinks this game isn't shit

Fuck you square

Fuck You
F
u
c
k

Y
o
u
>>
>>319517032
>pc

That's the problem my friend
>>
>>319521504
You wish. Try harder
>>
>>319521418
Stop posting Donte
>>
>>319520749
>Shitposter
>Hasgonefullretard.jpg
>>
>>319521418
daily reminder, FF13 is the best FF since 6 and 10. Stay mad parrot. :^)
>>
File: bulb.png (56 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
bulb.png
56 KB, 500x566
>>319517032
Tell me your secret to playing this game for more than five minutes at a time and not wanting to kill yourself.
>>
>>319521418
Nobody really cares about your opinion though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.