[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive had this on ps1 for as long as i can remember, but never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Fftbox.jpg (94 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Fftbox.jpg
94 KB, 256x256
Ive had this on ps1 for as long as i can remember, but never played it. Should i just throw it in and play, or is the psp version much better? From what ive gathered, it has tons of slowdown to the point where its barely playable. People also seem to say the mobile version is better, but i cant into phone gaming. I do have a hacked psp so no money spent either way.
>>
>>319515603
>Should i just throw it in and play, or is the psp version much better?
Yes.
I've played through the PSP version for the first time just recently. And honestly I didn't even notice any slowdowns people like talking about. But then again I've never played the original, so maybe they compared to that one PSP version runs differently. But on its own, I didn't really notice any irregularities.
Anyway, translation alone is probably enough reasons to drop the PS1 version in favor of WotL.
>>
>>319515826
You seriously didn't notice the whole game slowing down whenever you cast a spell?
>>
>>319515826

>translation alone is probably enough reasons to drop the PS1 version

Yes, I love censorship.
>>
>>319516751
Not really, no. The spell animations were pretty damn long on their own. But I didn't notice any video or audio slowdowns during the animations.
I have a 2000 PSP model, if that matters.
>>
>>319515603

Honestly, it depends a bit on where you are with the translation.

The PSP translation is very "olde' Shakespearean" but it kinda' works considering the plot usually revolves around nobles and royalty.

The PS1 translation sounds a lot more "down to earth" in the sense that it's a lot closer to the way actual humans speak. That being said there are a few hilariously awful spots of translation in there that might make you cringe/laugh.

The PSP also offers one new class, the Onion Knight. This class is terribly overpowered but takes an insane amount of time to acquire anyway, so usually isn't worth it (don't quote me on that one, it's been a while). My point is, don't make your judgement on the new class.
>>
>>319515603
Play the PS1 version
PSP translation is full of fluff and faggy olde english along with new spell names not to mention slowdowns that you MUST patch out
Hell you could always play the PS1 version and then PSP later
>>
>>319517137
Don't forget the ultimate Dark Knight job.
>>
>>319517341

Oh, right that one too.
>>
I feel the PSP translation gets too much heat.

Firstly, the fact that the higher-ups in society tried to speak the way the PSP version portrays actually adds more to my immersion than it takes away.

Secondly, the rogues/bandits/commonfolk often tried to emulate the way the nobles spoke, so even then it comes across as authentic.

Thirdly, the entire game feels like it a stage-show or play anyway, so it kinda' works on that front too.

That being said it's all terribly subjective.
>>
File: FFT Delita and Ramza.jpg (182 KB, 836x1021) Image search: [Google]
FFT Delita and Ramza.jpg
182 KB, 836x1021
>>319515603
PS1 version
>spell and skill attack quotes
>consistent battle speed
>JP glitch makes mastering jobs super easy
>able to rob Elmdor blind

PSP version
>added cutscenes
>far better translations
>more jobs
>more characters
>requires CFW to repair slowdown, which is fucking awful
>can't steal from Elmdor
>JP glitch removed
>little to no battle quotes
>>
>>319517847
Not just JP glitch. The western PS1 version has all job requirements lowered by 1 level, which adds up to a lot of JP.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.