[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Team Fortress 2 dying? I have been hearing that everyone is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: hqdefault.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Is Team Fortress 2 dying? I have been hearing that everyone is converting to Overwatch and it makes me sad because I have been playing tf2 for 4 years.
>>
>>319510129
I would switch if Blizz would give me a fucking beta access. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I thought the underages that play TF2 now couldn't afford Overwatch so it was shit.
>>
My GPU died today and I couldn't play shit, so I put in my old GPU and played some tf2 after ages. The game is filled with trash. It's dying alright.
>>
File: 1447500591076.png (947 KB, 1280x1097) Image search: [Google]
1447500591076.png
947 KB, 1280x1097
It's dead for me. I sold all my vintage, genuine, and unusual stuff for close to $200 on the steam market and got into the Overwatch beta awhile back.

It's pretty fun.
>>
TF2 died when it went F2P
>>
>>319510129
It was never really alive.

Probably a little too late for them to start bringing competitive into it. But who knows. Maybe it'll attract more people than all these private pickups that hardly anyone knows about.
>>
>>319510924
TF2 was alive in the pre-f2p days by having community run servers that had regulars. It's sort of a dead culture in 2015 but that's how online games were before matchmaking and the obsession with "competitive" became something other than a niche for the hardcore.
>>
>>319510129
TF2 has been alive and kicking for 7 fucking years. Gross and bloated, but alive

If you believe Overwatch is going to singlehandedly kill TF2, then you probably need to think a little harder

However your dilemma is that which was already in motion when the game went f2p. Your average match quality went down the shitter unless you find a good server and will keep going down as people looking for something new in Overwatch switch over
>>
Just played tf2 today and always pushed the cart by myself with little resistance other than sentries I could just tear down with the brass beast + 50hp from the dalokohs bar.

I really want to play overwatch so I feel some kind of challenge and excitement from an FPS (with great mobility options, not like CS or Battlefield where you have no on demand mobility gadgets or abilities.)
>>
Anyone know of a classic TF2 server? It doesn't have to be full stock gear and stuff, but I guess what I'm looking for is the stock rotation of the original 6 maps. You can find a fuckton of servers of 24/7 dust or 2fort, but people practically don't know what hydro/well/granary are.
>>
>>319511376
>heavy capping carts

Faggot
>>
Overwatch won't kill TF2. Only Valve can do that now, while trying to 'fix' it. TF2 is a zombie.
>>
>>319511839
If you're alone pushing the cart you need to be shooting as much as possible. Soldier or demo need to reload and pyro has shitty range and damage
>>
>>319511203

The community was shit well before F2P came out.
>>
I don't think TF2 can really die, there's to many faggots like me who always want to play it. It's probably going to be like CS where they just make a new edition of the game rather than a game with completely new classes.
>>
File: overwatch aye aye.jpg (409 KB, 1272x1736) Image search: [Google]
overwatch aye aye.jpg
409 KB, 1272x1736
>converting to overwatch
Maybe if they actually gave more than dumbass streamers who don't know the difference between a RPG-7 and Final Fantasy 7 a fucking beta key.

Reinhardt is more fun than any character in TF2, everyone else not so much.
>>
>>319512181
... shiet I never thought of it like that. It's gonna suck having heavy and demo's voice actor dead along with the one from engy when the new remake is done. Luckily spy, scout and medic still have pretty solid voice acting seeing the love & war update video. Oh and merasmus of course.

I'd really love to see how they update the models though. They do have their charm but they're so poligonal it hurts watching them at times
>>
>>319512372
I was thinking about maining the pseudo scout chick and the medic woman who can fly. I'm a sucker for great mobility and team support on the front lines
>>
>is it dying
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAD A GOOD LAUGH
okay
So... it's been dead for years.
>>
well no one is converting considering its already dead
>>
>>319512727
I don't know man, people love sucking blizard's butt. They made yet another freaking card game but theirs is pretty popular because of the impression they left from world of warcraft. They're probably do the same thing with this game. They even put money on the disney like animation trailer
>>
>>319510129
Supposedly tf2 is going to add competitive matchmaking but it's going to take a lot more than that to fix the bloated husk that is tf2.
>>
File: time to team up.jpg (88 KB, 800x995) Image search: [Google]
time to team up.jpg
88 KB, 800x995
Considering its immense popularity there's probably still going to be plenty of people who insist on playing TF2. I do think Valve is putting more of their focus from the game onto CSGO and ASSFAGGOTS instead though, as well as Steam itself. Kinda want to see some new vidya from them but shit ain't gonna happen.

>>319512181
So what could they do in a TF3 to change things up? Go further back to its roots in TFC/FF style or just remake TF2 with many adjustments?
>>
>>319511128

The problem is that the quality servers died or its players were replaced by random scrubs. Pubstomping every server gets old fast. There is also the serious problem of stacking on community servers, so you get on matches that one side might as well be a team of bots.

I really hope that matchmaking will "save" TF2 (it sure as fuck won't be a revival as the game is too old and there won't be Valve support to fix the classes and items) because it's the superior and more technical game, but i'm ready to jump over to OW, it seems like a decent enough replacement.
>>
>>319513325
>So what could they do in a TF3 to change things up?
MOBA hybrid
MMO hybrid
Weapon (Stat) Workshop
>>
>>319513741
Moba hybrid could actually work, just make man vs machine vs man. Two teams, each with robots, pushing territory and spending cash on upgrades. could b goode
>>
>>319513325

>Fix/redesign pyro
>Fix/redesign medic to take skill and also be fun instead of a literal betacúck watching as the alpha pocket fucks his fragaifus
>Fix/redesign/remove spy
>Fix/redesign demo
>Fix/redesign/remove engie to require real proactive play
>Add one or two new classes to make things fresh

Basically put everyone on the same fun and power levels as Soldier, Scout and Pipe Demo. Update the graphics with Source 2 engine or whatever to appeal to the casual crowd (any game needs their money to survive).

Realistically they won't do that because they have CSGO and that shit won't die any time soon, so NEVER EVER TF sequel.
>>
>>319510129
1) Fuck off shill
2) TF2 has been dead for fucking years, the only people still playing that shit are traders, kids with no money, and faggots playing on nostalgia servers.
>>
>>319513325
Add some chicks perhaps. They could add more classes/characters since there are many weapons now I suppose. Kind of why I'm looking forward to Overwatch, don't have to mess with loadouts so much, I got plenty of equipment watching in MMOs and crap.
>>
>>319510129
>converting to Overwatch
>no one can enter the game except Blizz shiller
>60$

nice try Blizz
>>
>>319514285
>remove spy

No, faggots need to learn to watch their back
>>
How the hell can someone play a simple game like that for 4 years, or any single game for that matter
>>
>>319515429

>Having a literal pubstomp class that is irrelevant past the 1st floor of skill and overall just scrub-bait for 2cool4school underages like the Sniper

At least the Sniper takes skill (instead of lack of skill by the enemy) and can perform well on medium to high skill levels, so it's easy to overlook him being a shitter-bait.
>>
I don't even know why I'm idling right now
>>
Overwatch is almost a cancer-free TF2. I only had weekend beta access, but for a few hours it was like playing pure TF2 for the first time again (Orange Box release).
>>
>>319517254
shill pls
>>
File: 1442232260885.jpg (197 KB, 720x393) Image search: [Google]
1442232260885.jpg
197 KB, 720x393
>>319516974
Valve got rid of cosmetic drops back in March:
http://www.tf2tools.net/articles/hatgate
>>
>>319517910
Huh, didn't know that. I was more interested in obtaining the weapons I didn't have three years ago.

But yeah that's still kinda gay.
>>
>>319510129
No, TF2 is going to stay alive and well.

Overwatch is fucking awful.
>>
>>319518315
Enlighten me anon, what is so awful?
>>
>>319510129

From what im hearing overwatch will be dead on arrival. Or at least not that lively.

Its p2p, that is a problem for a shooter like this. And what im hearing, that people in the beta are already getting sick of the game.

Its fun but apparently it does not keep you hooked.
>>
>>319518628
It's Buy2Play though, and so was TF2 when it was released, or did you forget?
>>
>>319518628

>does not keep you hooked

Because you aren't grinding anything like levels or currency. People are so addicted to making their numbers go up that they don't feel anything for a game that's supposed to be played for fun and not to make an integer increase.
>>
>>319510129
tf2 has been dead, like for as long as i can remember. any and every game is full of nothing but high ping pubshitters and underaged, neither of which know how to even play whatever gametype we are playing. i seriously dont know how people can bother playing tf2 for so fucking long with such horrible fucking teammates, it makes every game a grind and yet winning is completely dependent on the bullshit autoshuffling
>>
>>319518953
>your way of having fun is wrong
fuck off

that said, i dont think theres enough content to keep people interested yet
blizzard will eventually have to release a ranked mode, as well as keep a steady stream of content like new classes and maps coming
i think its gonna bite them in the ass though, tf2 had the advantage of community maps being made with no cost to valve what so ever and distributed freely to players, where as blizzard will be charging money for it
>>
File: 1448215501124.jpg (31 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1448215501124.jpg
31 KB, 408x408
Valve just needs to release a couple of updates with content and it would kill Overwatch right away.
>>
File: 1355529021605.png (118 KB, 407x484) Image search: [Google]
1355529021605.png
118 KB, 407x484
>>319515774

It's more complex than it seems. There is also tons of content thanks to free updates + mods.
>>
>>319519582
>updates with content

Only if that content is a time machine so we can go back to before it was a free to play hat simulator for children.
>>
File: 1251567007848.jpg (112 KB, 1013x729) Image search: [Google]
1251567007848.jpg
112 KB, 1013x729
>>319518915

TF2 came bundled with 2 other games.

The shooter market also wasn't super-saturated like it is now.
>>
>>319519765

You might hate it but the game became more popular than ever after it went F2P. It was a necessary change to keep the game alive for years to come.
>>
>>319515240
but neither of those things are true
>>
blizzard is trying to prevent a DoA game release by announcing all new heroes and maps will be released as "free DLC". it's important to note that "free DLC" also means "if the public had been fine about us charging money for a game that was suppose to be F2P then we would have fucked you with a cash shop too".
it only has 4h viewers tops on twitch, people with beta access got bored of it fast. blizzdrones will tell you otherwise.
>>
>>319510546
What did you do with the money?
>>
File: lawbreakers.jpg (171 KB, 1276x541) Image search: [Google]
lawbreakers.jpg
171 KB, 1276x541
>>319510129
I'm going to wait for better version
>>
There have been dozens of "TF2 killers" over the years and not one has succeed so far. Blizzard had the best chance but squandered it when they announced a console release.
>>
>>319520313
First people suddenly loving f2p, now you're actively cheering for Nexon?
Well if you like, First Assault will have early access on the 14th, next week.
>>
when exactly in january does the beta come back for overwatch?
>>
>>319520313
You realize the community will be absolute shit, right?

It could be the greatest game ever made and it'll still be awful.
>>
>>319510129
>I have been hearing that everyone is converting to Overwatch
This isn't true.

Its population has been dwindling for a while and the feel of the game tanked a long time ago. You can't really pin it on any other games as there were never any meaningful competitors until it was already dead.
>>
>>319520475
>First people suddenly loving f2p

It's not sudden and it's not love. It's that people realized that online games on PC die extremely quickly unless they are cheap and have constant updates with content and balance fixes.

Overwatch already fucked up the first thing with a price tag of 40 shekels when the vast majority of people were expecting it to be F2P.

And for the second modern Blizzard is known for making extremely meager content updates and being completely awful at balance.
>>
Why do you people believe that a game costing money increases the quality of its players? Putting aside third worlders with bad ping for a second, I play Street Fighter IV, a game that costs money, with people from my country and they are all usually pretty bad. Am I missing something here?
>>
>>319510129

i just made a ticket to refund my origins edition looks shit.
>>
>>319521107

It's mostly racist DOTA2 players who blame imaginary foreigners on their loses.
>>
>>319520494
>January
Try Feb
>>
>>319521107
It's not the price tag that's the issue exactly, it's a whole host of things. First, and most important, is the situation a developer would even have to be in to suddenly make a paid game free. They do it for a temporary boost in players, and they usually expect to make money from this somehow. It informs their whole business model and the sorts of updates you can expect to get from then on. This is what kills a lot of "gone free-to-play" games, and it is indirectly caused by the price change.

This is the only thing that's really important to look at for TF2 because it was already one way for so long before changing. The updates have been really awful and have really taken away all of the atmosphere and splattered the balance against a wall. You might as well not even be playing the same game, and then people leave.
>>
>>319521107
what do you mean my pretty bad.
it's like a bar in a shitty hood and a respectable one.
one you will find poor and obnoxious customers chukin cheap drinks when the other one will have higher prices and betetr atmosphere/ custom watever you know what i mean
>>
>>319513325
just do what cs go did
I'd be fine with that
>>
>>319521107
When I bought TF2 back in 2007, the M rating kept the kiddies out and the price tag kept the careless shitters at bay.

When you buy a game you tend to be more considerate of what kind of game it is and whether you actually want to play seriously. A F2P game can be downloaded by anyone on a whim and then they're free to shit all over the community.
>>
>>319521541
I'm aware of these things and I know that f2p leads to many games becoming pay 2 win and the devs getting lazy with their updates, but I'm referring to all of the comments I see on here that are along the lines of "f2p opens the floodgates for shitters" and "f2p will kill this game because then kids will play it" as if kids haven't already invaded games like Call of Duty and Battlefield that their parents bought them.
>>319521905
I'm by no means very good myself, but most players I see are somehow worse. Guys that play very poorly, repeating strategies that don't work until they lose anyway, et cetera. That's the case for random quick matches, anyway. Playing against higher ranked players is better, of course, but I'm mostly alluding to random matchups since I'm trying to figure out why people think they have a better chance of a game resulting in good matches if it costs. SFIV costing money did not keep out a flood of bad players.
>>
>>319521107
because f2p players are generally dumber than lobotomized monkeys

they bump into walls and walk off cliffs
they chase friendlies trying to kill them and spend all their ammo just shooting at every single friendly they see
>>
Why didn't Kaplan mention the tickrate, UI customization, visual clutter etc. in the developer update /v/?
>>
>>319522289
>the M rating kept the kiddies out
Why didn't it keep them out of CoD?
>When you buy a game you tend to be more considerate of what kind of game it is and whether you actually want to play seriously.
What about people that simply can't get good? Don't they continue to play even after they realize this just because of the investment? I played Final Fantasy XIV for a year or so and ran into this occurring fairly often.
>>319522361
Is there a reason for this? Other than the players not caring much due to the game not costing them, of course.
>>
>>319522292
People just know that it's a problem, they don't necessarily understand WHY it's a problem. There is some truth to it even that, though. A lot of 10-year-olds flock to free games, especially FUCKING EGYPTIANS
>a7a
>a7a
>a7a
FUCK
>>
>>319521097
They said that they would be adding free DLC that has new characters and maps in the future...
Also fuck you, 40 dollar price tag was the best thing they did for the game.
F2P games often turn P2W and have extremely terrible communities because kids can play them.
>>
Considering Star_, who is the main TF2 youtuber/commentator, is hype as fuck for Overwatch and is likely going to be playing it much more than TF2 when it launches:
Yes TF2 is fucking dead.
>>
>>319522248
So remake the game from the ground up?
>>
>>319522610
Star_ was bored of TF2 even before Overwatch was announced, so it's not surprising.
>>
So whats the beta invite line like?
Are people who preordered the game getting? in or just shit eatting eclebs and streamers?
Because im not waiting half a year until blitz finally open's it's doors and it ends up pissing it self on lanuch like every other bliz game.
>>
>>319510129
I'm not going to even consider overwatch until they tone down the screen clutter. I don't need "wow you did good without actually doing anything" every second. Not to mention the main UI features like health and ammo are extremely uninformative.
>>
>>319522790
I find it hilarious how Blizzard, who runs the single largest and most popular MMO of all time, manages to completely fuck up online games so frequently.
>>
>>319522518
>Why didn't it keep them out of CoD?

Because TF2 was on PC not console.
Because Steam was finally gaining popularity and people still bought physical copies of games, which meant getting carded for M rated games.
>>
>>319522518
They do care, they just cannot function like normal humans.
I just love to spectate them and see what they are up to. it is comedy gold.
They are like lemmings. They see what everyone else is doing, then they try and do the same but fail hilariously.
>>
>>319522904
They're so incompetent. Give all TF2 pros and streamers closed beta access for weeks/months and expect the competitive scene to be healthy...
People must have hundreds if not thousand of hours in the game by now.
>>
>>319522610
>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>319522987
You say that like parents didn't buy physical copies of GTA and CoD for their kids. Whenever I used to visit gamestop, I saw this happen.
>>
>>319523074
isn't that good though? if they had given access to random idiots, they would have whined so hard about stuff that's not relevant like bastion and hanzo
>>
>>319523171
They did, and I'm not refuting that. It did, however, limit the number of kids playing. It also had the unfortunate effect of limiting the kind of kid that played; only the obnoxious shitters that would throw tantrums i.e. how they got their parent to buy it for them in the first place.
>>
>>319514183
this already exist as super monday combat and its awful
>>
>>319523335
That's true, but it gives those people such a huge headstart. You're not going to be compete with people who had beta access on launch.
>>
>>319523562
they will get placed in a higher matchmaking tier so it'll only last like a day or two.
hell I'd be fine with no matchmaking. when I started tf2 I didn't care if I was destroyed by better players
>>
>>319523529
Isn't that what PALADINS is too?

That one is definitely shaping up to be the weakest title in an already saturated market.
>>
>>319523729
They'll still have X amount of hours more than you, I just find it distasteful cause I like to be competitive.
They did say they would try to make matchmaking happen at launch but it wasn't a guarantee or smth.
>>
>>319513365

You mean matchmaking via Valve Servers? Those are a complete joke. Ultra scrubs, no communication, no one in chat, its like playing bots.
>>
>>319523335
That's what's happening anyway. Have you read their forum? It's literally full of retards that have no idea what's going on.
>>
>>319523913
what is the point of being competetive if you're not already pro level good?
I'd focus on personal skill than trying to be competetive at whatever pointless low mmr I'd have
>>
TF2 is as dead as you want it to be. Its still fun to play when you're bored, its just many "hardcore" players are disenchanted because of its age. Also you have artists that just look for an excuse not to so they spout MUH HATS or MUH BRONIES to delude themselves.

Its still the casual time waster you play to have fun, its never been more. The only thing that's dead is arena
>>
>>319524106
But personal skill from other shooters doesn't convert 1 to 1 to this game. Sure, aiming does. But there's much more than that; team comps, counters, skills, different movement than other games etc.
You can't improve things like that without actually getting to play the game.
You can't possible think playing 100 hours of TF2 gets you at the same place as someone who played Overwatch 100 hours.
>>
>another generic team based first person shooter

No thanks, maybe if overwatch ads third person I'll buy it.
Till then it can fuck off.
>>
>>319524415
but 100 or even 200 hours is almost meaningless if you plan to be competetive.
good players have closer to 3000+ hours before they could call themselves competetive
so if you're playing against really good players, that 200 hour gap becomes nothing
>>
>>319524415

The game plays very similar to TF2, so I imagine the transition wouldn't take all that long.
Phara for example is just a hovering soldier with a little less mobility. Given how chokey the maps are, it's not such a large issue.
>>
>>319524480
What will third person add to the experience?
>>
>>319524567
E-sports are cancer, fuck your competitive gaming.
>>
>Implying TF2 isn't the most well balanced and least bullshit free2play game since it actually went F2P

Seriously TF2 allows you not to spend a dime and be top tier. Shit you don't ever have to really grind for anything
>>
TF2 is dead and valve killed it.

Valve cared more about monetizing the autistic, furry and brony communities with bullshit cosmetics then maintaining a good game.

And I blame the valvedrones for not only tolerating but encouraging this sort of behavior.
>>
>>319510129
>I have been playing tf2 for 4 years.

JUST
>>
>>319523529
SMNC was good, but they never fixed the matchmaking and the game died
>>
>>319524687
>company wants to make money
wow
>>
>>319510129
how old are you op
>>
>>319524679

TF2 is a fine game, it's just a terrible community that killed it. Most servers are idle/achiev/trade bullshit.
>>
File: ranmacream.png (75 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
ranmacream.png
75 KB, 184x184
>>319510129
>dotalike
>teams are not fixed
>can have multiples of a character

why can't blizzard do anything right?
>>
>>319520714
Better than the blizzard 'community,' that's for sure.
>>
>>319524480
Gigantic is third person. You're not gonna play that though.
>>
>>319524646
nobody mentioned e-sports you shit
we're talking about pub matches

go back to your moba threads
>>
>>319524626

Visible rear on Tracer and Widowmaker.
>>
>>319524687

>MUH HATS
>MUH BROWNIES

Fuck off retard.

TF2 is fading because Valve wants to focus on CSGO and Dota, because they make fucking gorillions off esports.

So TF2 has become a community thing. Now, not everything has been a success, that's true. But if you seriously are one of those retards who are just gonna complain MUH HATS you're fucking stupid. You're probably one of those people that cried about a lack of new weapons then bitched and moaned when a new weapon wasnt balanced
>>
>>319510129
>40 dollars
TF2 will be fine for a while.
>>
>>319524940

see >>319524767

Hats is a big reason why the game developed such an awful community. It got so bad that Valve had to reward players who didn't idle. What a joke.
Hats aren't solely responsible, but it got things moving in the wrong direction
>>
>>319524767

>Idle

Basically died when Valve changed item drop system

>Trade

Most of the community who gives a fuck about trading use the numerous websites.

>Achievement

These are still a thing? You're grasping at straws man
>>
>4th most played game on steam
>Dead

Kay
>>
>no third person
>>
>>319524106
With that logic, how can anyone ever become competitive?
>>
>>319525081

>Hats started it

No, it was going F2P which, surprise, made the game more accessable to a vast majority of people, so there was bound to be more people such as bronies.

>They gave away a hat for those who didn't idle

except they never did, stop making stuff up
>>
>>319525270
first you slog through thousands of hours until you get good, then you can start thinking about getting "competetive"
>>
File: 1361049334963.jpg (16 KB, 223x214) Image search: [Google]
1361049334963.jpg
16 KB, 223x214
>>319525126

>gasping at straws
>at least 20 idle/trade/achiev servers in the first 50 results
>>
>>319525296
He's talking about the "cheater's lament"
>>
>>319525392
what does that have to do with anything?
wow there's 20 empty servers and hundreds of others where people are actually playing
>>
>>319525296

>They gave away a hat for those who didn't idle

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Cheater's_Lament

Oh..
>>
>>319525392

>Search:trade
>HAHA SEE ANON SEE
>>
>>319514183
So... Uber Upgrades mod, just play that.
>>
>>319525478

The Cheaters Lament was for using an EXTERNAL PROGRAM to do that. They didn't care that people idled, they didn't like that people were using a third party program, so they put their foot down to say "No 3rd party shit allowed."

I know. I was there. Stop being a retard.
>>
>>319525579

point is, it encouraged users to idle rather than play the game.

>>319525481
do your own search. see how often you see the same bs.
>>
>>319525678
they made idling not drop hats anymore a while ago
also because anyone can make a server, of course there's going to be random empty shit servers
>>
>>319525678

You realize only like 1% of people used Drunkenfools program ever? Even Valve said that in the blog post when it happened.

You act like the seconds hats came out everything fell apart. Wanna know why hats became so saturated? Two reasons:

1. Speciel snowflake syndrome. Every online game has it, wanting to be unique and different. This is a basic human thought process.

2. Hats didn't have to be balanced. Understand that TF2 has always been very finy tuned in it's balance. Everything had its place in the the machine. But when you start adding new weapons, things get too messy. Look at mad milk. Why the FUCK does Scout need a spy counter? See what I mean? Hats and maps were an easy way to make "content" without breaking everything.
>>
>>319526082
>argument ad nauseaum

at lest read the posts you respond to
>>
>>319525161
Would this be good for anything other than ass shots?
>>
>>319526318

>Argument ad nauseum

The irony in that statement coming from someone who claims hats killed TF2 is a little mystifying
>>
>>319526495
Wider field of vision, but honestly if you just want to stare at Tracer and Widowmaker ass there's porn already.
>>
Remember the TF2 killer Brink?

Yeah.
>>
>>319526082
>always been very finy tuned in it's balance

Pfffhahahaha. Yeah, sticky spam at release day really was balanced.
>>
>>319526495
yes, cheating

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7zoVIsIT2A
>>
File: 1382729610208.jpg (101 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
1382729610208.jpg
101 KB, 1060x404
>>319513325
Valve almost killed csgo with their update today
Dota has been declining because they refuse to update and 5 years later we're still missing 2 fucking heroes from dota 1
tf2 is buried since like 2013

It's time for new stuff, they haven't released a game in almost 4 years.
>>
>>319526742

That's the one thing I and most other people will relent in. But my point stands when it comes to everything else. Still mad about the "un-nerf"

Look at spy. In Vanilla he was hard countered by Pyro. Now like 5 of the 9 have a direct way to inflict some sort of "reveal" debuff
>>
File: 1448411484430.jpg (803 KB, 1485x668) Image search: [Google]
1448411484430.jpg
803 KB, 1485x668
Where the fuck did you "hear" it? I see literally no discussion about it other than /v/ shitposting.

And TF2 has been dead for 2 years now so that's not an achievement.
>>
>>319526779
this is what comes from a totally unstructured, undisciplined development studio with no deadlines

nothing of value

people only suck their dicks because muh halflife muh steam
>>
>>319511128
Yeah I remember those days, I don't like how everything has to be competitive now I'd rather just open a server list and meme it up casually
>>
>>319527006

>sandraker pathfinder

Scum.
>>
>>319527173

>Nothing of value
>Gorillions off of esports and compendiums

I don't know man moneys pretty fucking valuable
>>
>>319527391
they take money they don't give it out
>>
>>319527428
They're a company not a charity anon
>>
>>319527472
a company with no good products
>>
>>319527325
People only want to play a game now if they can make money while beating other players. It's gotten to the point where it's impossible to discuss certain games with people. A guy I know saw me playing Dead or Alive and asked me why I would play it since it has a smaller competitive scene than Tekken, as if I was thinking about competing with anyone at all just because I was playing the fucking game.
>>
>>319527492
They'll releaxse Orange Box 2 any day now
Any day
>>
UGC's 17th HL season had like 150 teams, how is that dead?
>>
>>319527374
err thats diamond sword nerd
>>
>>319527767
hello reddit
>>
Honestly, the only way to fix TF2 is to turn on friendly fire. It's the only real solution to fix "spies" as they are completely fucking useless when all you have to do is spam your weapon on a teammate. It makes pyros from M1+W to one of the most dangerous classes cause you can fuck your team up.

TF2 wasn't immediately ruined by hats, or even the first wave of weapons. It was everything else, that over saturated it. The novelty weapons along with every class. What would have happened if demomen won the war? What kind of shitty item would they have gotten, cause the boots sure as fuck wouldn't fit.

There are so many contributing factors to TF2's demise. It's more than just hats or weapons, but it all together. Bleach and ammonia are great cleaning agents, so why not MIX BOTH OF THEM FOR DOUBLE THE CLEANING POWER?
>>
>>319519817
This suprised me, and its a 50 dollar game to. With limited maps and edgy characters. I bet Hots did not pay em as much as they wanted.
>>
>>319527986
>What would have happened if demomen won the war?

Was thinking about this the other day actually. I bet they'd get a different item instead.
>>
>>319510698
this
>>
>>319527986
>There are so many contributing factors to TF2's demise.
Is there anywhere to read about this? I am genuinely curious about all of the stuff that fucked it up.
>>
>>319529010
Yeah, go look at the wiki and look at every weapon that wasn't involved with the first character update. Then you'll understand what we had, and then what we were given without asking for it. They got greedy with the cashshop, and it's true.
>>
>>319527986
TF2 might have been genuinely fun if they had more interesting maps like payload race and hydro, reduced the playercounts to maybe 8v8 max and enabled friendly fire

as it is it's just a grind, meatgrinder chokepoints, grind for drops, grind for trades
>>
>Base cost + microtransactions

only blizzdrones will buy it
>>
>>319529326
come on now, it's 2015, games are expensive to make and blizzard needs to make money somehow, if people are willing to pay what's the harm?
>>
>>319529326
Name some multiplayer games that came out after 2008 with a base cost and no microtransactions.
>>
>>319529514
arma 3
>>
File: 1439677493259.jpg (9 KB, 237x200) Image search: [Google]
1439677493259.jpg
9 KB, 237x200
>>319517910
>Valve got rid of cosmetic drops back in March:

They basically did the same for Dota, while punishing the people that actually buy their shit.

This along with a massive focus on cosmetics plus nickle and dime shit over gameplay just makes the games even worse.

No idea why people keep praising Valve non-stop.
>>
>>319519582
>Valve just needs to release a couple of updates with content

As that's ever gonna happen.
>>
File: 1449201338393.png (247 KB, 490x470) Image search: [Google]
1449201338393.png
247 KB, 490x470
>>319529326
They have already stated that characters and shit will be free updates.
Most likely the only purchasable DLC will be cosmetics.

Keep up with the news, gramps.
>>
>>319529514
>Name some multiplayer games that came out after 2008 with a base cost and no microtransactions.

Bloodborne.
>>
>>319529794
Are you retarded? it absolutely has microtransactions.
>>
File: deal with it.gif (490 KB, 476x319) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.gif
490 KB, 476x319
>dying

>STILL in one of the top 3 most played games on steam, and doesn't drop unless something super big comes out

Oh I forgot, "dying" means "I don't like it" now.
>>
>remove random crits
>remove damage spread
>vanilla weapons only
>finally fucking release matchmaking
there, fixed it
>>
>>319530726

Damage spread has been removed for quite some time now.
>>
>>319530659
which ones? substantial dlc and expansion packs aren't microtransactions
>>
Really? Huh. Didn't seem that way to me last time I played, but maybe I was confused by distance changes.
>>
>>319530661
Also most people who say "wow unblanaced ded gaem" only play pubs.
>>
>>319530842
http://store.steampowered.com/app/332350/?snr=1_5_9__405

7 new weapons...damn...unreal...no way

go karts too...just crazy...
>>
>>319531212
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/332350/?snr=1_5_9__405
DLC =/= Microtransactions.

Don't get me wrong bud, you're right. DLC is shit. But they're a different fuckin animal than microtransactions. You don't keep buying DLC over and over again.
>>
>complaining about cosmetics

>go to Subway
>order a $5 footlong
>comes with all the toppings I want
>sandwich artist goes to ring me up
>says for an extra $1 I can get a cool custom bag for my sandwich instead of the regular plastic bag
>There's literally no difference between it and the regular bag other than aesthetics
>have the option to get it or not and regardless I still get a tasty sandwich

That's how retarded you sound like right now.
>>
>>319520313

>law breakers

Haha oh wow. How long did they sit on that before choosing it. Worst and most edgy title possible for pre-teens.
>>
>>319531390
I like your analogy anon.
>>
>>319531287
are you implying that you buy (a hat) or (a costume) or (a skin) over and over again?

You're right, you also can't make money off of DLC, meanwhile I make roughly 6-20 bucks every update in TF2 and CSGO with the bare minimum amount of work, just by selling crates on the market.
>>
>>319530395
It has an expansion pack dlc
>>
>>319529953
>They basically did the same for Dota
No, you just get much less drop rate but still possible but this time you might also get entire sets, rather than only 1 piece.
I got a couple of sets but that's it
>>
>>319531472
Yeah, because plenty of people desire a new hat when new ones come out, or a new skin, and you can't fuckin' have both at the same time. Even in CS:GO, can't have more than two skins equipped for a gun. What do you do with the third? What happens when you want a new one? Guess where your wallet is directly headed, unless you're selling crates for fuckin 3 cents a pop. Sans that one time you got a bravo case, big fuckin deal.
>>
>>319529953
Valve getting rid of hat drops was a good thing, as it now makes hats a metal sink, making the demand of metal go up, and with that the price.
Not that it fucking matters anyway, on December 9 all trades are gonna be fucked over anyway, thanks valve you fucking idiots
>>
>>319531621
not microtransactions

you don't know what the word means, invent your own all inclusive definition and claim all games (including almost every game from before 2008) has it
>>
>>319530661
To be fair, only shitsniffers play on the most played games on Steam.
Take Dota 2 for example.
This is because they're free to play third world shit magnets.
>>
>>319531390
This is then third Subway analogy I've seen on this board in a week, and they all have to do with Overwatch. Are you the same person, Subway analogy guy?
>>
>>319529953
Valve isn't a single entity that works on everything with their name on it. That's like saying /v/ is one person. No, they have separate teams that work on TF2, Dota 2, Counter Strike, Steam, and whatever else they have that decide this shit.
>>
>>319531692
This. Umbrella terms are all the rage nowadays. I can't call it what it actually is, so I'm going to use something that's similar but fucking incorrect.
>>
>>319531692
Hey now, I'm not the guy who said that Bloodborne has microtransactions, I made the comment >>319529514
I will say though that Bloodborne is not really a multiplayer focused game. It's a single player game with multiplayer topping.
>>
>>319531621
>It has an expansion pack dlc

It is an expansion that came out both digitally and physically, just like the original Bloodborne.
Said expansion came out a little over half a year after the original release and offers relatively good value for the relatively low pricing.
>>
>>319515240
40$ not 60.
>>
>>319531798
>Valve isn't a single entity that works on everything with their name on it. That's like saying /v/ is one person. No, they have separate teams that work on TF2, Dota 2, Counter Strike, Steam, and whatever else they have that decide this shit.

And they're all equally incompetent? They all follow the same practices?
Impressive.
>>
>>319520008
>We would have fucked you otherwise but decided not to this time.
Then that only means that Blizzard is improving themselves.
>>
>>319510129
People can actually play overwatch?
>>
Overwatch has already sold more than TF2

Overwatch has already sold more than Splatoon

It won't be out for 7 months.

Overwatch is better than TF2 and Splatoon as well.
>>
>>319532197
Source or are you talking out of your ass?
>>
>>319532046
clearly the steam team is where all the talent is because that's what actually makes them money
>>
>>319510129
blizzdrones doesnt even pretend anymore
>>
File: 1435086249517.png (922 KB, 778x759) Image search: [Google]
1435086249517.png
922 KB, 778x759
>>319532197
>Overwatch has already sold more than TF2
>>
>>319510129
Ignore this shill
>>
>>319531778
Actually I've seen a subway analogy this week but it was about FF7 having episodic releases.
>>
>>319510129

I've been hearing a lot about tf2 recently. I think I'm going to boot up and play some arena today. Nothing quite like arena to be honest, I wish arena was the competitive mode.
>>
>>319532254
>clearly the steam team is where all the talent is because that's what actually makes them money

Actually games like Dota 2 is makng Valve shitloads of money since retards keep throwing millions upon millions of dollars at them every single year.
>>
File: overwatch.jpg (471 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.jpg
471 KB, 1920x800
So, expecting more heroes, what will the robot between Tracer and Mercy do? Kind of don't want it to be support.
>>
>>319510129
Almost anyone who played TF2 for serious competitive FPS gameplay has already left. Most of the people playing TF2 only play for the silly, non-competitive fun stuff; therefore, a game like Overwatch won't come close to killing it at all.
>>
>>319532339
please explain why TF2 is better then overwatch?
Overwatch costs 40 euro and you get all heroes and maps current and future for free , confirmed by the devs.
Also selling the game for 40 euro will make it that mexicans,russians and underage faggots cant play.
Less chance of hackers cause the game isnt F2P
Support by blizzard who for gods sake has still diablo 2 servers up.
>>
>>319531710
>dota2
>bad
post mmr
>>
>>319532589
You could try 4v4.
>>
>>319532334
You're misguided if you think TF2 sold all that well. It sold okay but they went F2P for a reason. It was always a niche title, despite being popular on steam.

Overwatch is also being sold on PS4 and Xbone, don't forget that too.
>>
>>319532612
nope the main income is that steam takes a cut from every game sold and every cosmetic item sold on the market.

Dota 2 is more of a platform seller that people use steam, I have over 3k hours into dota 2 and i can tell you valve doesn't give a fuck about it.
Some heroes are using Alpha models like Viper, the last time they added a hero was I think 305 days and its not a new hero we still didn't get ports of old heroes from dota 1.

The only thing that gets updated regularly on dota 2 are cosmetics
>>
>>319531691
>December 9 all trades are gonna be fucked over anyway

What?
>>
>>319531778
I think some guys are trying to make it a meem
Or it's a really dedicated guy
>>
>>319532854
same how you need a mobile phone to registrat your gmail account, you need for steam too to use the market and trade, many faggots from poor places dont have a working phone and are angry about it.
>>
>>319532940
You can get a phone with a prepaid sim for like 15 bucks though
>>
>>319532621
>robot between Tracer and Mercy
>not mean looking green-haired QT behind Genji

Pleb as fuck. The green haired QT is already in the game via posters and stuff on Hanamura.
>>
>>319532995
>15$
Do you understand you have kids on TF2 who literally spend hours everyday trading to make 50 cent profit?

Please go play TF2 and tell me if the average age of the players is above 15.

its literally full of kids
>>
>>319533041
Well try to analyze it, they said the stuff in game are supposed to tease the other heroes, I think.
>>
>>319532940

You're going to need a mobile phone to trade now? That's on odd change.

>>319532696

No thanks, I just really like arena. The 1 life per round makes it so you have to play really careful and once the initial bloodbath is over you have to fight the reminisce of your opponents team and often have to use suprise and stealth. It has a lot more tentsion and usually requires more thought then standard modes. Although I have played highlander, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
>>
Wasn't Overwatch originally a completely unrelated Source mod

>http://www.moddb.com/mods/overwatch
>>
Of course TF2 is dying, I almost wish it wasn't but it's quite old and the community is pretty FUCKING BAD.
>>
>>319527986
I remember telling people TF2 would go down the pay2win route when crates and keys were first announced years ago. All I was met was with shitposting Valvedrones going
>VALVE CAN DO NO WRONG
>MUH SLIPPERY SLOPE

I'm actually glad TF2 has died since it shut you fuckers up.
>>
>>319510698
>>319528902
Then why does it have more players NOW than it did when it went F2P?

I think what you mean is "F2P isn't the kind of game I wanted". Which is cool. But the game was "dying" worse than it is now before that point.
>>
>>319510129

Aww, poor TF2 players, all that money spent on hats and other useless shit will all be worthless.

Hope you learned your fucking lesson.
>>
>>319533448
its to prevent account hacking, its the same shit like gmail.

Like I said before TF2 is mostly underage kids who are retarded and its easy to get there account hacked and valve has shit tons of work to do to revert it back, specially if real money is involved.

I did add my phone to my account and they only ask you for a code if you login to your account from a new machine and this is it.
Same shit like gmail.
>>
>>319532197
"better", it is not released yet. The fuckers who made Heroes of Newerth manage to kill it at release.
>>
>>319533479
>Mod that is absolutely nothing like Overwatch in any way, shape, or form

Gee, anon, maybe they just have the same name?
>>
>>319533609
Uh, I wasn't a faggot who added my phone to my stream and all they ever ask me is for email verification

Sorry you got sucked into big business and volunteered your private information, completely at your loss
>>
>>319532835
Stil a good game, they just need to up their shit around it.
>>
>>319533656
HoN is still alive though
You don't need to be a doto to be successful
>>
File: 2014-11-15_00004.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-15_00004.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>319533591
My lesson to cash out once I get my free hats?

Of course.
>>
>>319533668
Blizz's overwatch had the same logo at an earlier point
>>
>>319533837
I have not played tf2 in probably a few years, what the fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>319533707
tinfoil hat?
I still didn't have any problems with my gmail account or steam acount after I gave them my phone number.
Same with my bank.
But yeah I bet there are probably now 50 people at valve HQ tracking me and spending 8 hours 7 days in a week collecting information's from me.
>>
>>319533656
the beta is out and superior to TF2 and Splatoon
>>
>>319533479
>>319533890

it's just microgamma
>>
>>319533931
Glowing hats, it would seem.
>>
>>319533890
No it didn't. Fuck, you're retarded.

Overwatch has never changed logos.
>>
File: 1449622512156.jpg (193 KB, 969x639) Image search: [Google]
1449622512156.jpg
193 KB, 969x639
>>319510129

>paying 40 dollaroos for Over "20 tickrate is an artistic choice" Watch

>we wouldn't want anyone to feel bad about dying so increased death-exchanges is a real good way to make Overwatch accessible

all of videogames are slowly dying/turning into some fisher price baby plastic. every game now is designed with how to get kids to use mom's credit card
>>
>>319533962
No tinfoil hat, just not volunteering information that isn't gonna fuckin' affect you anyways. Wow, I get a verification sent to my phone. Big deal. Learn to not commercialize yourself on a whim "just cause". There's a reason why people are thinking your phone verification is odd to begin with-- Not everyone is that daft
>>
>>319533571
But it doesn't? It's been proven a lot of the active players are just Chinese grinding for items.
>>
>>319510129
Wait and see anon, every time a mmo was released they said WoW was going to die, for example.
>>
File: 1388444721131.png (29 KB, 613x556) Image search: [Google]
1388444721131.png
29 KB, 613x556
>tfw tonight was never the night
>>
>>319534223
>just not volunteering information that isn't gonna fuckin' affect you anyways
I'm getting conflicting info here, anon
Giving your phone number to your bank or other stores for two-step authentification doesn't actually affect you in any way besides giving you more account security
And if you're super paranoid you get a prepaid sim for 5 bucks and use it for every auth ever, free of risk
>>
File: 1445104548572.png (32 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1445104548572.png
32 KB, 300x250
>>319534223

>don't give up personal phone number for gmail

>suddenly a week later the account has been flagged for "suspicious activity" and has been closed down until i give them my phone number

I'm just getting so tired of this shit...
>>
>>319534223
Its extra protection for you
My bank does the same thing if I buy something or get charged they instantly send me a message to my phone what did happen.

My friend , her ex bf wanted to delete all her contacts from her gmail account but couldn't login cause he didn't have her phone.

also your behave indicates that you are probably very autistic if you honestly think that everyone is trying to get your private informations to check on what chinese cartoon character you masturbated
>>
>>319534423
>password reset to phone
>IRL friend happens to be swift
>got account hijacked thanks to my INSECURE portable device

Great plan buddy, you let me know when this isn't a vulnerability. I'd rather someone crack my password than fear of misplacing my phone.
>>
>>319534528

>i'm wrong so I'm just going to attack his character with buzzwords like autistic and chinese cartoons

cool, whatever you say jimmy
>>
>>319534442
after you gave them your phone number how many problems you had after that and did your life totally change?
>>
>>319534528
No, not worried about being monitored. You should just know better as a human being not to just give your information out. You've never been named dropped or had your phone number since you're not even old enough for what they're trying to get you for. You'll learn this when you're older.
>>319534442
I have been asked to verify my phone for almost a year now and nothing has changed with my account, this is purely you and what your activities are regarding social interactions
>>
File: 1432498549959.jpg (62 KB, 619x543) Image search: [Google]
1432498549959.jpg
62 KB, 619x543
>>319510129
DOA just like Heroes of the Storm.
>>
>>319534617

I don't even know what you're trying to say man

I still can't get access to my account because I wont give up my phone number
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.