[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No More Heroes thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13
File: nmh2.jpg (8 KB, 132x186) Image search: [Google]
nmh2.jpg
8 KB, 132x186
Which game was better?
How does it compare to Suda's other work?
Favorite boss?
Worst Boss?
Would you want Travis in Sm4sh?
>>
>>319509972
I liked the story and final boss fight more in NMH1
Havent even played other suda games
My favorite boss it has to be Shinobu/Ryuji
Jasper fucker jr of course
Of fucking course
>>
>>319510334
See, I kind of though Jasper was well done, in that he was meant to be infuriating in every way possible. And that your quest for revenge lead to the footsteps of some whiny little bitch boy drives home the theme of revenge being pointless.
>>
File: IMG_20150509_133108197_HDR.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150509_133108197_HDR.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
>>
>>319509972
>Which game was better?
>How does it compare to Suda's other work?
I've only played Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer is Dead aside from the NMH series. It's definitely his best franchise. Killer is Dead was fucking garbage.
>Favorite boss
REAPER REAPER
>Worst boss
Mimmy.
>Would you want Travis in Sm4sh
>Playing Nintoddler games
I'm never going to get another Nintendo console again now that NMH is multiplat.
>>
>>319509972
Used to hate NMH2 but it was good in his own way it changues a lot the gameplay and ways to beat bosses.
Fav boss the rusian astronaut
Worst the banker or whatever his name is

Id rather see travis as personality in killer 9
>>
>>319509972
I like everyone about 2 better desu. Better bosses. I love Margaret and the astronaut.
>>
2 > Heroes Paradise > 1

The minigames between actual missions were and always have been a pointless filler drag. I preferred Killer7 in both gameplay and style, but it was more deliberate in all facets of its gameplay vs. NMH which was fun mashing + shaking + dodging.
>>
>>319509972
2 is technically better but I had more fun with 1.
Only other Suda game I've tried is Lollipop Chainsaw, which got old after 5 minutes despite the humor. Unfortunate.
Favorite boss Destroyman
Worst boss Jasper Batt Jr by far
Travis would be awesome in Sm4sh, although he is just another anime swordsman
>>
2 had better levels/grunt combat.
1 had better bosses, both combat wise, and character wise.
>>
Only ever played NMH, lolipop, and Shadows of the Damned. I think NMH is the best of them.
Margeret
Fucking Matt Helms
He was on my smash ballot
>>
File: 1445918007842.png (10 KB, 392x424) Image search: [Google]
1445918007842.png
10 KB, 392x424
>the second form is harder than the third
>>
>>319509972
Which game was better?
Definitely 2
Haven't played any others.
Favorite boss?
The Astronaut
Worst Boss?
The final boss from 2. He was fucking retarded.
Hell yea.
>>
>>319509972
>Which game was better?
1 was better in concept, more concise story, better music, better bosses. Still, 2 was a direct improvement in a lot of areas.
Doesn't hold a candle to Killer7, but is still possibly his most entertaining game series
>Favorite boss?
In terms of character design, I'm partial to Nathan Copeland, Kimmy Howell and Skelter Helter, for the actual fights, I really enjoyed Holly Summers, Margaret and Jeane
>Worst Boss?
Matt Helms, he was just terrible all around. Everyone hates Jasper but at least he had a decent battle and some dialogue and some sense being an assassin and fighting Travis. Matt and Chloe just seemed like filler that had no business being ranked assassins
>Would you want Travis in Sm4sh?
Yes, absolutely, I don't care how much people would cry about another swordfighter getting in
>>
>>319509972

>Which game was better?
Can't decide, both have positives and negatives.
>Favorite Boss
Alice Twilight. Amazing music before and during the boss fight. The setting's atmosphere and lighting is perfect. The character is basically a mixture of Holly Summers' personality and Travis' combat style.
>Worst Boss?
Jasper Batt jr. The funny thing about revenge is that it never goes as planned.

Travis has a history of murdering hundreds of people in a blood-soaked extravaganza. He is also a lolicon. There is no way Nintendo would allow him in Smash.
>>
>>319509972
1 had more memorable bosses but 2 had more refined combat. Really disappointed all "100" bosses it was going to have was just a farce.
Haven't played other suda games, looking for Killer7
Dr. Peace was cool looking but Jeane was a lot of fun.
Hated fighting Jasper in 2
Voted for him in the ballot, it's a huge longshot but I want him
>>
>>319509972
Name
not refer to
name as many bosses as you can from NMH1, then NMH2.
Helter Skelter, Death Metal, Dr. Peace, Shinobu, Destroyman, Letz Shake, Holly Summers, Harvey Moisevitch Volodarski, Speed Buster, Henry Cooldown, Dark Star, Jeanne, Bad Girl
Skelter Helter, Margaret Moonlight, Alice Twilight, Pizza Bat Jr., Letz Shake
>>
is Heroes Paradise worth?

I Heard it's just a HD port of NMH1 but with some additions and some NMH2 bosses but still it's great? I already played the first one long ago in wii,

also anybody knows why they didn't ported the 2nd game?
>>
>>319509972
1 was better in every way except the minigames. I don't care, even the camera angle in 2 annoyed me. I wanted an improvement on 1, not a lateral move at best.

As for overall work, I'd say they're both on par with Shadows of the Damned, better than Lollipop Chainsaw, but worse than Killer is Dead and Killer 7. Haven't played any of his other games, I don't think.
>>
>>319513512
Vertical tearing out the asshole and the FPS ate shit, but better in every other way.
>>
>>319513512
Unless you have the psmove it isn't as fun without motion controls
>>
>>319513643
>>319513731
These. NMH is one of the few games to make wagglin' fun.
>>
I feel like the only person on the planet that liked the Pizza Batt Jr. fight, aside from the stupidly easy third phase.
>>
>>319509972
That's not Suda's work. "Executive director" doesn't mean jack shit.
>>
>desperate struggle
>it's not desperate and travis doesn't really struggle

i felt like 1 had the better story and was better but 2 is damn good. i liked the nathan copeland fight. i haven't played any other suda51 games but the quality has gone down with him though i can't place my finger on why. none of the games are really that deep but there's a change after no more heroes.
>>
>Which game was better?
2 had better combat but I prefer 1 for everything else
Personal favorite
>Favorite boss?
Margaret is Greek you geek, it means a pearl
>Worst Boss?
Jasper. Fucking Jasper.
Voted for him
>>
>>319514103
She's a pure girl, ya know.
>>
File: 1357516971808.gif (3 MB, 459x459) Image search: [Google]
1357516971808.gif
3 MB, 459x459
>>319513227

I still have yet to play Killer7, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Shadows of the Damned. Killer is Dead on the other hand is much stranger than both No More Heroes 1 & 2 combined.

I didn't even understand half of what was going on in Killer is Dead until I read several blog articles about it. After all that however, I thought the story was amazing just because of how absurd it all was. KiD's story did not care how obscure the symbolism was in the game, either you knew about it or you didn't. From the looks of things, the only person who knew what was up was Suda himself.

What made it even more interesting is that fact that the "not knowing" part plays a role in the game because even the main character doesn't know what the fuck is going on but still presses on anyway. With what I can imagine with the rest of Suda's games, they may not excel with gameplay most of the time but they more than make up for it in sheer experimentation and excessive absurdity.
>>
>>319513826
What is there to like? The car phase is annoying at best and the other two are bullshit.
>>
File: 1345785917494.jpg (169 KB, 632x691) Image search: [Google]
1345785917494.jpg
169 KB, 632x691
>>319514085

>doesn't struggle

NMH2 has the most waggling in the series.
>Get thrown to the grown
>Enemy grapples you
>Try to revive after your health reaches zero
>>
I miss no more heroes so much. I liked the step in the direction of nmh2 I wish they had more bosses though. I hated the fact, the football player and his cheerleaders took up multiple ranks.
>>
>>319514619
>>Try to revive after your health reaches zero
You could do that in NMH1 but you had to waggle harder.
>>
Neither game is a particularly good beat-em-up so I prefer the first one for its style and the personalities of the bosses.

The mini-games in 2 are genuinely fun and replayable though.
>>
>>319514670
>multiple
Understatement, they took up like 22 ranks including the mecha itself.
>>
>>319514619
i gotta be honest, it's been way too long since i played it and i think i sold my games. it might be worth it to buy those games but then i'd need to finish fragile dreams as well
>>
File: Shinobu.jpg (108 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu.jpg
108 KB, 750x1000
WHATS THAT IN YOUR HAND? A TOY? QUIT FUCKING WITH ME!WHATS THAT IN YOUR HAND? A TOY? QUIT FUCKING WITH ME!WHATS THAT IN YOUR HAND? A TOY? QUIT FUCKING WITH ME!WHATS THAT IN YOUR HAND? A TOY? QUIT FUCKING WITH ME!
>>
>>319509972
>Which game was better?
Why do we have to fight?
Both were great. 2 had better gameplay overall, 1 had better writing. (Not to say 2 was bad)

2 would have been perfect if Sir Henry Motherfucker had one more fight.

I voted for him in the ballot... He's got a chance... right?
>>
>>319514791
It was that much, huh? They could have pulled that stunt on a smaller scale. Like taking up 5 or something
>>
File: 1339861368222.png (955 B, 142x229) Image search: [Google]
1339861368222.png
955 B, 142x229
>>319514907
Why did best girl lose?
>>
>>319513267
>Forgetting Ryuji and The Fury
>>
>>319514907
She had an instakill when she got close to low health right?

Man that shit was annoying
>>
>>319515125
I knew The Fury but I couldn't get his name, and Ryuji was a disappointing boss fight.
>>
>>319515034

First girl rule. First love interest the main character sees, usually wins.
Jeane doesn't count
She had a hard life
>>
>>319515164
>She had an instakill when she got close to low health right?
On bitter, yeah.
>>
File: 49017.jpg (33 KB, 380x215) Image search: [Google]
49017.jpg
33 KB, 380x215
AND THE VIRGIN CHILD LOSES HER HEART AND SOUL
THAT NIGHT HER MOTHER'S EYES SEE NO MORE
>>
File: Samurai.jpg (15 KB, 585x357) Image search: [Google]
Samurai.jpg
15 KB, 585x357
>>319515252
>Ryuji was a disappointing boss fight.
COME OUT, DRAGON
>>
>>319515408
So was the song referring to Jeanne or what.
>>
>>319509972
>Which game was better?
No More Heroes 1 by far and away
Can't say
>Favorite boss?
Henry Cooldown
>Worst Boss?
One of the 'broken' ones like the many from 2. Or 2's final boss really
Hell to the fuck yes
>>
>>319515616
Yes, actually.
>>319515515
The fucking bike segment more than cancels that out.
>>
>>319515515

Ryuji felt like a more tedious version of Henry.
>>
A bud, that will never blossom...

A sad truth.
>>
>>319515017
Another one of the bosses did that.
>>
>>319515802
Henry "Just DarkStep my shit up" Cooldown?

Dark Step or whatever it was called in 2 didn't fucking work.
>>
>>319515918
>Dark Step or whatever it was called in 2 didn't fucking work.
Dark step was made more powerful. In 1 you held block and had to time the waggle to when they hit, in 2 you block and just waggle the stick left and right until you get a step.
>>
>>319509972
The second one was better because it was a improve on the first one, if. A have to compar of suda other works it hard because the franchise is unique last wekeend I was reading in a blog the good analysis of the game the first one, he claims thar NoMore Heroe it was just a parody of the gamer himself, that Travis is the representation of how we think we look ourself like a badass person, like there no problem like anime and vidya if we are the badaas person around.
Other things it say that the game break the fourth door and told us that is a video game, like the fight with Henry he gives last seconds plot twist but saying that the player wants it

My favorite boss is the cosmonaut, Margaret, Dr peace and shinobu

Mother fucking second form of Jasper Batt the shot is annoying

It's gonna be difficult even that Suda say it in 2008 and nothings happen maybe the ballot someone give a good reason why to put him, buypt if they do it will gonna be the bomb
>>
File: no more heroes in gaming.jpg (489 KB, 707x794) Image search: [Google]
no more heroes in gaming.jpg
489 KB, 707x794
This thread makes me sad Suda51 sold out and will no longer make anything of substance.

Reminder that Lily Bergamo was killed in order to make this generic F2P trash
>>
>>319514907
Shinobu is probably my favorite black character in vidya ever.

She's so fucking great.
>>
>>319516026
That was my issue with it, it felt completely random compared to being able to pull it off 100% of the time in 1.

I miss the sidemissions from 1. Shit like killing 100 motherfuckers, and the Pizza Butt assassinations, was grand.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (75 KB, 900x468) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
75 KB, 900x468
>>319510334
>Ryuji
Fuck yeah! Amazing song, even in a game chock full of those, sweet attack by him, and I was legitimately pissed with Sylvia at the end.

But a close second is Alice. Really drove home the theme of the second game.
>>
since this is a suda51 thread I think it makes sense to ask here is there ANY version of lolipop chainsaw with all the dlc costumes. I want my evil dead costume and they never went up on psn. But there was a bunch of versions in japan. Anyone know?
>>
>>319516174
I was pissed off that Travis pussied out of the final blow instead of bringing it to a proper close like he did with Alice.
>>
>>319516109
I keep on meaning to finally get around to buying, and playing through Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned, and Killer is Dead someday. Killer7 too (although I suppose I could just emulate that one).

From what I hear, Suda's really lost his touch. Sounds like he's gone full "lolsorandomXD" when NMH1 is one of my favorite examinations of video games and the people who play them ever.
>>
>>319514791
>>319515017
Went like this IIRC

51. Skelter Helter
50. Nathan Copeland
49-25. Charlie MacDonald and his cheerleaders in a robot
24. Matt Helms
Challenger: Kimmy Howell
23. Cloe Walsh
22-10. Decided in a battle royal which Dr. Letz Shake won before Travis arrived
9. Million Gunman
8. New Destroyman
7. Ryuji
6-5. Killed by Henry because as he puts it, "the game's stuffed full as it is"
4. Margaret Moonlight
3. Captain Vladimir
2. Alice Twilight
1. Jasper Batt, Jr.
>>
>>319516263
Especially since he already learned that the opponent has to die in 1, it's what made the Holly fight so important.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
GETTIN
YER
JOLLIES?
>>
>>319516358
Honestly, everything up to the fourth fight felt like filler.
>>
>>319516443
MY SPLEEEEEEEEN.
>>
>>319516263
It wasn't until Alice that he realized not everyone was doing it for fun like him. He was the only person in the rankings that treated it like a game.

Sylvia still fucked up in gunning down Ryuji. Shamefur dispray,
>>
>>319516321
>Suda's really lost his touch
Whether he's lost his touch or not doesn't matter, most of those games after No More Heroes didn't have his touch, only his name.

Killer Is Dead was pretty good though.
>>
>>319516443
You like the sight of your own jollies?
>>
>>319516538
Killer is Dead was dangerously close to being excellent. Shame about those story chapters with barely any fights, and the endgame gameplay actually DEVOLVING into you spamming one-hit-kills because Suda has yet to fucking figure out why DMC had a style meter.

Although I'm not sure what he does anymore, if he's the director or what. Either way, it was bloody shameful.

Still some of his best work so far.
>>
In order:
NMH1

NMH 1&2 are my favorite grasshopper games but I love almost everything the company and especially suda has ever made.

Best boss: Bad Girl in 1 and Alice twilight in 2

Worst boss: speed buster in 1 and obviously batt Jr. In 2.

No, I don't feel like Travis even remotely fits in smash even though no more heroes is tied for my favorite game.
>>
>>319509972
-NMH 2
-I dont know, i only played the no more heroes
-Alice, but Ryuji is a close second
-New Destroyman, so fucking annoying ffs, running away every single fucking time and stalling on platforms throwing shit at you, god...
>>
>>319516703
>No, I don't feel like Travis even remotely fits in smash even though no more heroes is tied for my favorite game.

Travis fits in Smash much better than some who are actually in Smash. He's a colorful, funny character that uses a laser sword and suplex moves. Plus, he's very associated with Nintendo.
>>
>>319509972
>Seeing all the t-shirts on NMH1.
>Never see them at sale.

I loved the Tarantino feeling of it and the bizarre plot. Pure fun.

>The boss you fight in a stadium.
>>
>>319516703
>No, I don't feel like Travis even remotely fits in smash
Didn't stop them from throwing Solid Snake in that one time.
>>
Best songs in NMH1+2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_YbWGbx5JM
>>
>>319516845
Between this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFpUt1Ywcok

and We Are Finally Cowboys.
>>
File: go awa mr gay.jpg (45 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
go awa mr gay.jpg
45 KB, 329x399
>>319511768
I would love heroes paradise if it looked like the wii ver but HD.
>>
>>319516174
>>319516263
>>319516505
Does it really matter when NMH2's story was fucking shit anyway? Awful writing after the first game's brilliant writing.
>>
Which game was better?
I only played Killer 7 other than no mo heroes but I like Killer 7 more as a adventure and NMH for gameplay

Favorite boss?
Margrate Moonlight/Alice Twilight

Worst Boss?
Jasper Second Form

Yes
>>
>>319516845
Aside from the obvious "Philistine", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSfbb3WHClE
>>
>>319516845
>>319516959
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCgEHOtnr5Y
What about this one?
>>
I mostly prefer NMH1. NMH2 did bring a handful of improvements but the combat felt flimsier, the bosses were generally less memorable, the plot was weaker, the enemy encounters were more annoying, there was no overworld, etc. And honestly I didn't care for NMH2's 2D minigames. Sure NMH1's were mandatory and semi-tedious, but in a way they added to the world and had a certain charm to them. With NMH2, it was just, why bother? Just skip them.

Also I would LOVE for Travis to be in Smash 4. All they'd have to do is not have him swear, which is a very small compromise compared to the changes other characters have gone through.
>>
Least favorite bosses:
Rich fag and New Destroyman in 2. They tried adding platforming elements with these fights, but the controls were horrid. The most difficult enemies were fucking crates.

And fuck New Destroyman healing himself.
>>
>>319517512

As shit as new destroyman was his theme was fucking mint
>>
>>319517512
I wouldn't have thought you could fuck up such basic platforming before playing as Shinobi.
>>
>>319516845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YsWFMgQlxU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx9wRYui8Mc&index=30&list=PL6akIKaXBeU0TlS0hhIWN_k9PGgaRvtGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLshJTgV6ZA&index=58&list=PLA32507F89A56DA13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXq_b_0GWJo&list=PLA32507F89A56DA13&index=69
>>
>>319516109
I'm actually looking forward to Let it Die
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.