[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Yo-Kai Watch have been better recieved over here if there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Yokai-watch-boxart.png (1 MB, 1023x936) Image search: [Google]
Yokai-watch-boxart.png
1 MB, 1023x936
Would Yo-Kai Watch have been better recieved over here if there was actually a mainline Pokemon released this year? I feel like a lot of the backlash from western 3DS owners is due to the feeling that Nintendo is trying to replace Pokemon.
Not trying to start shit, I have the game and I'm enjoying both it and the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
>>
Not surprising. I'm sure if they could replace Pokemon they would because then they wouldn't have to deal with GF anymore.
>>
>>319499329
it would have been better received if it were a better game
>>
>>319499836
This. The demo is a terrible first impression too. It's like a half-assed early DS game.
Show's mediocre, it doesn't have the escapism/fantasy appeal that Pokemon or Digimon had. It's just another generic "kid with some magic thing ONLY HE CAN SEE!"
Monster names are cleverly localized (its best quality), designs are extremely copypaste.
>>
File: 1447719176190.gif (466 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1447719176190.gif
466 KB, 480x270
>>
Has any Level 5 game had any kind of success in the US?
>>
>>319499329
>I feel like a lot of the backlash from western 3DS owners is due to the feeling that Nintendo is trying to replace Pokemon.
Replace Pokemon? In the past 5 years we got Black and White, Black and White 2, X and Y and the gen 3 remakes. That is almost a new set of Pokemon games every year. If anything, Yo-Kai watch helped to fill the gap that there was no new mainline handheld Pokemon games announced this year.

Only /v/ would be dumb enough to think this game was trying to replace Pokemon.
>>
>>319499329
I don't think so. Hell, it would probably do even worse due to people wanting to flock to something familiar rather than taking a chance on something new. It's sad too since the general online reaction to Nintendo advertising YW is "QUIT ADVERTISING THIS GAME I DON'T CARE ABOUT" while many of those same people are probably the same ones who give Nintendo shit by saying they don't advertise new IPs that much

>>319499676
They'd have to deal with Level-5. I don't think that changes much
>>
>>319500954
Professor Layton was a pretty big success and lots of people loved Ni no Kuni
>>
>>319499329
Probably not. Yokai Watch's main audience in Japan are the kids. They don't have that audience in the US and the designs are too "japanese" for the US compared to Pokemon where the designs appealed to a broad audience.
>>
>>319501738
professor layton, to an extent DQIX, Fantasy Life sold pretty well
>>
>>319501649
I seen reaction of people pissed over the fact that this was heavily promoted more then Xenoblade Chronicles X. Which I admit was basically shoved to the side corner when they started to promote this.
>>
>>319502263
Without talking about the games themselves at all, compare the number of 3DS's with the number of Wii U's and you can see exactly why nintendo did that.
>>
>>319500374
>show's mediocre
Nigger, what? I'm having a good time watching the show. It's great. Everything is contained in each episode rather than there being a huge overarching plot. Not really like Pokemon's anime.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.