[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know this episodic bullshit is a cash grab. How much longer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: ff-7-remake-1.jpg (430 KB, 1765x993) Image search: [Google]
ff-7-remake-1.jpg
430 KB, 1765x993
We all know this episodic bullshit is a cash grab. How much longer do you think it will take Square Enix to realize they fucked up and reverse it?
>>
1 month tops
>>
>How much longer do you think it will take Square Enix to realize they fucked up and reverse it?

FF7R is Square's HL3. If anything, it's proof that they've got nothing left to save them. They're going to monetize it as much as they can, and they know that nostalgiafags are going to eat it right up, no matter what.
>>
It's a logical cash grab.

They have always, since the PS3 tech demo, said that in order to do an FFVII remake justice they would require a ridiculous amount of funding and it wasn't viable.

This is the only way we're getting to play it in a timely fashion without corner cutting.
>>
>>319499792
FFXV could save them, if its the best game of all time. There not going to go under just probably transition to being a publisher more than a game designer. Like Tomb Raider
>>
File: 1433467328208.jpg (370 KB, 873x700) Image search: [Google]
1433467328208.jpg
370 KB, 873x700
>>319499278
3 games 1 per year (2017-2019), 60$ each is ok nigga. Dont be so cheap
>>
>>319499930
I literally want to buy a good remake of FF7, special edition for $90 in 2018/19. I know I'm not alone by a long shot.
>>
To be fair, seeing that the evil within is apparently a 40gb install then I could see them having trouble with fitting something of that size on one disc
Not sure though
>>
>>319499930
Thats bullshit, just release the game at a higher than market price. Square knows this isn't the only way to sell this game
>>
>>319499930
Release a shit pay-to-win game that is like Fallout shelter. That app helped bethesda make up a lot of the cost to develop fallout 4. Hell I would pay $60 for a pay to win remake of gold saucer, if that meant we got 7 in one piece.
>>
>>319500278

Its not a capacity issue, its finance and time based. If they release the game episodically they can pay for the first one, then have each subsequent entry fund itself.

>>319500305
That could work in Japan where pricing actually works that way, but America has standardized pricing for video games. No ones going to buy a new, standard edition of a game for more than $60 up front, and Final Fantasy, especially VII, is way more popular in the west than it is in Japan.

>>319500669
And Fallout 4 was a buggy piece of shit because they rushed it out to meet the Holiday season. This strategy allows Square to take their time and make each part of the game independently on its own time table.
>>
>>319500239
>1 per year
Given their track record, I'm sure at least one of them will be continuously delayed.
>>
>>319501004
>and Fallout 4 was a buggy piece of shit because they rushed it out to meet the Holiday season
>he thinks Fallout 4 was buggy because it was rushed
>he thinks, given more time, Bethesda would have made a better game
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>319501004
Square doesn't have to rush the game. Use the remade pay-to-win gold saucer to fund the game. A remade gold saucer alone would let us demo the battle system (Arena), and relieve the minigames in HD. That would be the best of both worlds, we get content sooner, and get used to the changes. We also get the full game without funding issues
>>
>>319501004
Aren't they reusing a lot of concepts that they're putting in 15? Plus if the games story, characters, and locations are already established I don't see why they wouldn't be able to make the game in a decent amount of time all at once unless they're being autistic and put a bunch of retarded extra shit no one wants.
>>
Squeenix never admits when they fucked something up.

Undue pride to the max
>>
>>319499278
Hopefully soon, because the only way for this game to be successful is if:
1. They demonstrate willingness to take risks in development, spending resources (and even innovating) as if they are trying to make the greatest game of all time
2. They capture the spirit & tone of the original (100% identical ATB and Cloud's early-game arm size literally don't matter), and demonstrate reverence for the original as if it was the greatest game of all time
3. The game is marketed to oblivion as the greatest game of all time, which necessitates that a complete version be released on a single, massively hyped release date

I don't think there can be any such thing as "playing it safe" or "moderate success" when it comes to this thing. It's either going to be a mega-hit or it's going to tank, and they need to hit it out of the park if they want the former outcome.
>>
>>319501761
FFXV at a certain point in time was going to possible be two parts.

>>319499278
I'd personally rather spend $100 for a full remake than this in parts crap.
>>
>fire emblem if is day 0 episodic
>nobody have a problem with that and /v/ eats it up

shows you how fucking retarded nintendrones are
>>
>>319501424
So who are you going to email with your idea?
>>
>>319502271
dunno, I am an economist by trade. This would most likely capture market demand, and the revenue would most likely fund all of the development of the main game.
>>
>>319501917
pic related

They literally have a game that can appeal massively even to normies, but instead so far it looks like they're aiming exclusively for teenagers who played Crisis Core
>>
>>319502503
I highly doubt revenue from a demo/pay-to-play would fund the full development of this thing, but it could put a dent in it AND provide valuable feedback to help make sure the full game is a hit
>>
>>319502965
Lets say that its going to take a dev team 5 years to make a complete the remake. If this Remade golden saucer accomplish what an average MMOBA earns per player $1.47 per player. We also assume they only sell to players who bought the original FF7. Which was 9.8 Million world wide. That would give us 14,406,000 per year. or $72,030,000 over the course of the games dev cycle. Thats more than enough to make FF7
>>
>>319502965
This is also assuming a one time purchasing cost. if the game itself cost just 5 dollars to download.
your looking at an additional $49,000,000 on top of the 72 million. So a fifth of the budget of destiny
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGerxOD0ig
>>
>>319504143
8/10 nice bait mate
>>
>bluh bluh we want FF7R!!!
>b-but, we can't make it! It contains too many scenarios and would cost too much to make in HD!
>fucking neo-square stopped being good after FF2
>O-ok... we'll make it, but the budget is three times a normal game and the game is three times the size so our executives have said they'd only let us make it if we release it in three parts
>RABBLE RABBLE WHY WE WANT TO PAY $2 FOR A GAME THAT COSTS 200,000,000,000 YEN TO MAKE
>B-but, jrpgs aren't even popular anymore... we can't sell this game on nostalgia alone...
>Burns SE down and shits on Nomura's corpse
>>
>>319504794
see
>>319503841
>>
>>319500305

$60 every year is much easier to swallow for a game series rather than $180 in one pop.

Also it means we get part 1 earlier and can use it to guage whether we want to buy the rest of the series
>>
>>319505052
okay but what about doing this instead?
>>319503841
>>
>>319502719

You aren't seriously implying that a faithful FF7 recreation would be more appealing to normies than a more action-y high budget potentially open world adventure game?

The combat, plot execution and setting of midgar alone would appeal to normal people much more than the original ATB game.

Also, as much as the plot for Crisis Core was kinda shit, it was actually the main reason people bought a PSP back in the day, it wasn't unpopular
>>
>>319505282

No-one likes pay to play, also developing multiple different engines for Golden Saucer games will probably cost more than they're willing.

In the final game GBike and Snowboard won't be anything more than fun distractions, nothing worth paying for.

As for testing the combat engine.

I can guarantee you we'll get a demo of the bombing mission with FFXV.
>>
>>319505564
Then explain fallout shelter.

also why do they have do be done in different engines? Square remade Gbike as an IOS game, and canceled it do to the remake. Just take the design docs and put it in the golden saucer game. Snowboarding could be done well if handled right. Hell look at SSX those games was just snowboarding. They could also implement an arcade, and have emulations of previous FF titles to play. You could make it pretty damn cheap too since literally all the assets you make for this game can be reused in the full remake. So from an economic stand point I feel this is much better alternative
>>
>>319499792
Seconded. FF7R is their Ace in the Hole. Using that up will forever render SE out of any desperation moves. SE also said that if FF7R sells, that the other FF games will get remade. But let's not sugar coat it, FF7 is the grand daddy of the franchise in terms of remake fever.
>>
>>319499278
>How much longer do you think it will take Square Enix to realize they fucked up and reverse it?
They won't. Even if their excuses are bullshit, it's this way or the highway probably. I mean people got pissed about them repeatedly baiting fans before, what with FF7 on the PS4, or that REBEL SPIRIT YANKEE racing mobile game that was set up in a way to bait people into thinking it might be a Mana game or such. I doubt they'd care to reverse the episodic nature.
>>
File: 4283191966_44fce14fa3_b.jpg (76 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
4283191966_44fce14fa3_b.jpg
76 KB, 640x425
>>319499278
>Square Enix to realize they fucked up and reverse it?

They have never done this, not once in the last 20 years

If their final fantasy games suck, then they can just buy up other shit like Eidos and publish that shit to float them while they shit out Final Feces 18
>>
>>319506032
>canceled
uhh nothing was cancelled, it's out mate
>>
>>319507443
might want to double check that.
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/09/16/final-fantasy-vii-g-bike-shutting-down-after-one-year/
>>
>>319507832
You might want to double check that. It was never "cancelled" or taken down. Just the pay to win services no longer work.
>>
>>319507832
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.ff7g_bike&hl=en
it still works fine also taking it down from a store anyways doesn't mean it was "cancelled" you used the wrong word
>>
>>319507832
>>319508169
nvm just checked, it's ending december 15th this year. But that's not "cancelled"
>>
>>319508169
The North American version was canceled. Happy?
>>
>>319508292
no because you still acted like they only had design documents and there is no game. Either way it's a different company that made that and it uses a different engine.
>>
>>319508398
That's why I said to use the design docs.Square still owns them and could use them to remake the system on the new engine. Also the game is getting cancled. So for all practical intents and purposes I am correct.
>>
>>319508398
So one of the largest chunk of this hypothetical game is already going to be made, and has most of required work to make a game exist already completed.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.