[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've explored about 70% of the game and it feels pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 2960464-fallout4_graph01.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2960464-fallout4_graph01.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I've explored about 70% of the game and it feels pretty empty to me. Mostly raiders with no friendly npcs to talk to in sight. Where's the towns? Is Diamond City really the only big town in the game? They expect me to build the towns myself don't they?
>>
Yes, they expect you to build the towns. Have fun.
>>
>>319497787
>They expect me to build the towns myself don't they?

I thought that was obvious when they announced settlement building.
>>
>>319497787
Sadly, yes.

Mind you even in New Vegas I can only think of Primm, Good Springs, Mojave Outpost, Novac , Freeside , New Vegas, Mcarren Airport

Yeah, fallout 4's pretty fucking empty.
>>
>>319498761
I'd be alright with this to a degree if characters could move in. But even then where's the fun of discovery?
>>
File: witcher 3.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3.jpg
262 KB, 1920x1080
There's Quincy, but that was sacked by Gunners before you wake up from cryo sleep. Does Bunker Hill count as a big town? I mean, none of the towns in the game are what I would call big, not even Diamond City. Same for Skyrim.

Why can CDPR give us these large cities with no loading in and out of them in Witcher 3, yet Bethesda can only give us a handful of houses? Both are made with consoles in mind, so that excuse is no longer valid.
>>
File: Fallout 4 map.jpg (873 KB, 3326x3324) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 map.jpg
873 KB, 3326x3324
There are multiple medium towns and the big Diamond City, explore more. Have you found Good Neighbours, The White memorial tower place, Covenant, the Institute, the Castle, Vault 81, etc yet? There are also more towns, with important NPCs, I haven't visited them yet but saw them on a livestream.

And you can create your whole town from the settlement mechanic with all sorts of traders.

Fallout 4 is the most dense Fallout game, it is not empty at all.
>>
>>319498904
Boulder City.

Hah, just kidding. There's also Nellis, Jacobstown, New Vegas North and Westside
>>
>>319500327
Thanks, Todd!
>>
File: silly.png (70 KB, 484x417) Image search: [Google]
silly.png
70 KB, 484x417
>>319498904
>seriously counting Las Vegas and its various different airlocks as "different towns"

i chortled
>>
>>319498904
>>319500674
Sadly most of those aren't big settlements
Also
>splitting up new vegas
>>
>>319500327
try shilling harder
>white memorial tower place
did you even play the game? doesnt look like it
>>
>>319502161
Yes I played the game for around 100 hrs and after beating the main mission I moved on to my second playthrough.

There is a small town with a huge White tower in the middle of it. I don't remember the name exactly, I did a Deacon quest there.
>>
>>319499645
>no load time

You're joking right? Load screens in that game are 5+ Minutes.
>>
>>319502725
>Load screens in that game are 5+ Minutes.

Why are you lying? It takes less than a minute to switch over to another map.
>>
>>319501746
I actually missed NVN on my first playthrough. No quests lead you there and the entrance is kind of out of the way
>>
>>319502725
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>319502725
Maybe on your potato. It takes about 30 seconds for me to load into a new zone. 10-15 seconds to load a quicksave.
>>
>>319499645
IS there plate armour in Witcher 3? Want to play it once I get a proper computer.
>>
>>319497787

I agree, while the map is really dense, it's just jam packed with different areas filled with wimpy Super Mutants, ghouls and then Raiders/Gunners(same shit).
>>
>>319503851
Sort of.
There's heavy armors that have plating but you can't wear a full-plate set 'cause that wouldn't make sense for a witcher.
>>
>>319503530

Dont worry he is probably playing on a console.
>>
>>319504425
I guess a witcher always travels lightly, so that makes sense. Is the game really as big/long as people say?
>>
>>319505561
Yeah, it can get pretty overwhelming with the amount of stuff there is to do.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.