[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Metal Gear Solid 5 copy Black Ops 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Why did Metal Gear Solid 5 copy Black Ops 3?
>>
>>319496807
Why did BO3's story have so much potential but suck so much in the end?
>>
>>319496896

Why did you play a Call of Duty campaign?

Was your internet out and there was literally no other media in the house?
>>
>>319497032
Because I bought the game for $20 on GMG because the gameplay looked good (and is good) and a friend wanted to beat the co-op campaign online
>>
>>319496807
>Why did a game copy a game that came out after it?

>>319496896
Why did MGSV's story have so much potential but suck so much in the end?
>>
the games came out months apart retard

no way did they look at that meme game and said we need that in the small amount of time we have
>>
>>319496807
Why does Black Ops 3 run like ASS.
STRAIGHT UP ASS.
IT LITERALLY MAKES MY ENTIRE PC SHIT ITSELF.

Yet I can run Fallout (a terrible port) somewhat better than a tiny multiplayer map/
>>
>>319497940
No they didn't
>>
>>319497476
is it still up for $20?
>>
>>319496896
I thought it was a good ending, what was the matter with it?
>>
>>319498295
Oh I had the GMG credit you got for just playing games and it was like $45 with a coupon
You may say I could have spent the credit more wisely but they are discontinuing it
>>
>>319498729
god damn it
>>
>>319498203
oh good, i thought i was the only one with this problem
>>
>>319498567
The story was all over the place, and didn't really do any of the interesting things that CoD games actually have going for them thematically. Things like switching perspective to a soldier on the other end of the world carrying out an op that effects the MC's op, getting intel for more plot and a big controversy scene are what I was expecting, but you just play as literally who (named Player in subtitles) doing shit that isn't even their shit to begin with because the MC is actually dead the whole game and you are just living the memories of the guy you're trying to kill
But the DNI/Frozen Forest segments were neat for sure. Actual art direction was not what I was expecting from a CoD game, but the last segment felt really stupid. See a character in the simulation get ripped to shreds even though you already saw him die in reality and they try and make it important, going through remixes of past areas instead of giving me a completely new area to blast through, and burning hearts all while chanting the Dr's shit was just all over the place
Oh yeah also the powers were a neat idea, but devs need to learn you can't just make half of them boring as fuck to use
>>
I don't really like the new COD games because its made for the online play and everyone sprints around at full speed with sniper rifles and ghillie suits on. Plus its the official bro game. At least MGS5 lets you play a decent game offline.. sort of.
>>
>>319497032
playing campaign online with a friend is fun.

actually all me and my friend do is dick around in 4 player lobbys.

you can block doors, not go to objective, making everyone wait for you.

if you are host, you can change the difficulty instantly, so sometimes ditch my team by setting it to recuit, get to a safe hallway, and crank it to realistic (1 shot kill) and watch them all go down.
>>
>>319500974
So you can do recruit till the last checkpoint and then finish the mission on realistic? And get credit?
>>
>>319496896
It wasn't written by the same guy/people that did BO1 and BO2. I'm still surprised that there isn't anyone named Mason in it at all.
>>
>>319502090
Craig Houston helped write the series from WaW to BO3.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.