[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people upset about how Cloud looks in the remake? He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17
Why are people upset about how Cloud looks in the remake? He's a Jenova-injected Mako-infused science experiment who spent several years in a coma and only woke up a month or so before the game starts, and he's almost identical to his original design except for being more detailed.

Is this what people want Cloud to look like? Not that I'm complaining, Final Fantasy could use more hunks, especially muscle twinks.
>>
File: douche.png (41 KB, 174x135) Image search: [Google]
douche.png
41 KB, 174x135
He looks like he just had an episode.
>>
He's still supposed to be strong like SOLDIER and he seemed to have everyone convinced in the original, it's not a stretch to think the experiments actually gave him some mass too.
>>
>>319494949
is it me or people these days obsessed with muscle also are gay
>>
So like, what is Cloud's actual personality supposed to be like? Before and after he stole Zack's, I mean.
>>
>>319495225
It's alien cells and planet life energy, it can make a beanpole stronger than Hulk without adding mass because MAGISCIENCE!.
>>
>>319495691
Yeah makes sense, he still looks like he has aids in the remake though
>>
>>319495205

god damn it
>>
>>319495423

before he was an underachiever who dreamed big and after he's a confident guy who knows what has to be done to stop seph

and then in ac he's a little bitch again
>>
>>319495921
You would too, if you were a mutant science experiment who was in a coma for several years.
>>
I'm tired of people using 'realism' as an excuse by saying he's supposed to look sickly, yet don't mind him being able to wield such a ridiculously large sword.
>>
Because he doesn't fit their 6 year old head canon of a roided up American action hero with weird hair.

Detailed character models and voice acting really fucked with Japanese games. Not that they're actually that bad, but that western people can't imagine the characters are something they're not anymore.
>>
>>319496968
Him being a science experiment covers both of those points perfectly fine. Anyone who uses realism as something to bitch about what happens in a video game is a goddamned idiot.
>>
>>319495309
Stay weak, baby bitch boi.
>>
File: 300px-Cloud_SSB4_temporary.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300px-Cloud_SSB4_temporary.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>>319494949
>if its not this extreme it's the other!
Oh fuck off no one's saying cloud should look like a body builder. Sakurai got it right
>>
>>319498320
Nice image size faggot.
>>
>>319496252
Fucking japs know how to destroy a character for "drama" dont they. Its all the same cliche shit too. Why couldnt cloud just still be a badass for AC, that story was a fucking mess.
>>
>>319494949
jeez those pecs
>>
File: url.png (429 KB, 880x1200) Image search: [Google]
url.png
429 KB, 880x1200
Would you be okay with this Cloud?
>>
>>319498994
>really macho body
>kid face
>>
>>319498916
Aren't they delicious? Imagine hugging him from behind and cupping them.
>>
At last, I've found it, the missing piece.

FF7fags = Gay
FF8fags = Waifufags
FF9fags = Furries
>>
>>319499430
>FF7
>gay
>the FF with titty monster, flower girl, and ninja cutie

FF7 is the perfect balance of gay and straight.
>>
>>319499560

Yet it will never be a true harem game like 5.
>>
>they add a scene where Cloud takes off his top
>this is what his body looks like

What would you think?
>>
>>319500321
Fine, except the nipple rings gotta go.
>>
>>319494949
how do I get a body like this /fit/
>>
File: edge.png (296 KB, 637x671) Image search: [Google]
edge.png
296 KB, 637x671
Because even in fucking Kingdom Hearts he has beefier arms.
>>
>>319500606
SS, oats, and squats. Read the wiki, LONDON, read the book.
>>
>>319500419
I prefer nipple studs.

>>319500734
That's a different Cloud, though.
>>
>>319500895
lol you think the people complaining about what he looks like in the remake know that?

id be surprised if more than half of the people asking for this game even played the original, they probably watched their dad or older sibling play it or something and then played kingdom hearts later, thats the only cloud they really know

making the combat in the remake like kingdom hearts is a pretty good idea desu
>>
>>319496252
>>319498778
He's the same character in AC, AC itself just doesn't tell the story.

ACC and On the Way to a Smile explain much better.

Cloud has failed in finding a cure for his adopted son (and himself), and they are both going to die.
He isolated himself because he's losing his shit. Once he gets over it with the help is his friends, he's back to being an upbeat, positive character.

That's why he tells Sephiroth that he cherishes everything.

AC was shit, but it only ruined Cloud by the sin of omission. With proper explanation it's perfectly understandable, if not necessarily consistent. It's a period, not a permanent change
>>
File: tifa.jpg (119 KB, 746x960) Image search: [Google]
tifa.jpg
119 KB, 746x960
>>319494949
im ready for hd boobies
>>
>>319495225
2/3rds of SOLDIER 1st class looks like fuccbois dude.
The rest of SOLDIER is just regular masked Shin-Ra grunts.
>>
>>319501826
>SOLDIER
>regular masked Shin-Ra grunts
That's not how it works senpai
>>
File: bleach-ch378-07.png (154 KB, 1032x1500) Image search: [Google]
bleach-ch378-07.png
154 KB, 1032x1500
Here's the problem with the new Cloud: Nomura is not as good designing slim characters as Tito Kubo, pic related. Cloud has a bulky armor and big hair which make him look small and whimpy. Ichigo on the other hand is wearing an attire that is complementing his figure. Kubo always wins.
>>
File: 1435909378100.jpg (1 MB, 1314x1700) Image search: [Google]
1435909378100.jpg
1 MB, 1314x1700
Considering Cloud can pass as a very beautiful woman, his HD look doesn't seem like it can show that very well. Maybe by that point he'll have recovered enough form his coma to not look sickly and weird.

>>319501826
I would love to have a regiment of fighting fuccbois.
>>
>>319502205
In the context of FFVII it is. You literally fight masked faceless nameless SOLDIERs as normal enemies.
>>
File: NPC-ffvii-ShinraTroop-gun.png (16 KB, 129x239) Image search: [Google]
NPC-ffvii-ShinraTroop-gun.png
16 KB, 129x239
>>319502447
>this is a member of SOLDIER
>>
>>319502205
You literally fight them as random encounters during Shinra HQ in FFVII are you dense?
>>
File: 1449479363587.gif (620 KB, 240x236) Image search: [Google]
1449479363587.gif
620 KB, 240x236
>>319494949
People who didnt play the original game.
They dont know that Cloud is supposed to be really skinny looking because he never went through actual sword training, and the only reason he is able to lift the Buster Sword is because his body was infused with Mako energy for 4 whole fucking years.
And the techniques he uses with the sword? Stolen from memories of Zack and Sephiroth.
>>
File: SOLDIER_2ND_FF7.png (53 KB, 429x360) Image search: [Google]
SOLDIER_2ND_FF7.png
53 KB, 429x360
>>319502597
>>
>>319502687
>he's wearing a helmet
Thanks for proving my point senpai
>>
>>319502403
>unbuckled and unzipped pants
>finger pointing
for what reason?
>>
The fact that anyone cares this much about a fucking remake proves that consumers brought the current state of gaming on themselves
>>
>>319502881
That's your problem with this pic? How about the fact that the shading on the abs is so fucked that they look like they're indents instead of popping outward.
>>
File: 1438940195955.png (3 MB, 1314x1247) Image search: [Google]
1438940195955.png
3 MB, 1314x1247
>>319502881
Because there are other versions where he's erect and/or completely nude.
>>
>>319503304
>one glove still on
for what reason?
>>
>>319503632
Same reason some people keep their shoes, stockings, or other bits of clothing on, it's hot.
>>
>>319501332
Transration prease
>>
>>319501164
They said it's not going to be like KH, but more similar to some mix with the old ATB system where you can switch characters at any time during battle. Some neutral party is designing the "all new" combat system. To me, it sounds like KH combat to keep you busy and not dying, with REAL damage dealing moves becoming available when you ATB gauge fills up.

Or at least what I think could make a winning combo.

Also, I don't have the source, someone posted it in a few threads yesterday.
>>
>>319494949
People aren't used to the change and a good deal of neo/v/ never played the game anyway, so they don't know about his fucked-up backstory or the fact that he's a literal escaped experiment a few weeks before the game starts.

Pretty sure he'll look look healthier and more like this >>319498320 as we progress through the game. Personally I think it's a neat idea to see his physical appearance change on and off, wondering how they'll handle his mako catatonia now.
>>
>>319502231
>thinking new Kubo style is any good
It's atrocious stick figures shit. Now his starting designs, those were great.
>>
>>319504602
Funny how you accuse others of never playing the game when you didn't seem to have played it yourself.

Zack is an escaped experiment as well, and he wasn't anorexic.
There's also the fact that Cloud spent 5 years in a mako container. Now if you actually played the game you would know that Mako fucks with your appearance pretty hard, eventually even turning you into a monster with some sort of crystal exo-skeleton. Spending 5 years in a correctly dosed Mako container would beef him up, especially considering they were being fed well in during that time. And no they were not in a coma like so many other people "who played the game" seem to remember.

>Pretty sure he'll look look healthier and more like this >>319498320 as we progress through the game
>implying a feature like that will even be in the game
The delusions of you fucks is astonishing.
>>
>>319504602
Wasn't one of the affects of Mako infusement bright blue irises? I think that was why Cloud and Sephiroth's eyes are like they are. Maybe they'll have Cloud's eyes be completely bright blue while he's catatonic.
>>
>>319505586
Zack had the same build as Cloud. Sephiroth was a skinny fucker too. I'm pretty sure Angeal and Genesis were also lanky and thin. It's alien cells mixed with planet life force, that kind of mix of science and magic makes anything possible. The problem here is that too many people are so literal- and realism-minded that they can't stop trying to legitimize Cloud being able to heft and swing that big-ass sword without having a Zeb Atlas build.

And stop throwing a shitfit over someone suggesting that they might have different models and looks for Cloud as the game progresses, they can easily do that and it would make sense for the parts of the story where he needs to have a different look.
>>
>>319495205
ULTROS FUCK YOUUUUUU
>>
>>319506095
>referencing crisis core and advent children
wew lad
>>
>>319506661
I love responses where someone takes one or two words or the fact someone mentioned something, green texts it, says something completely nonsensical, and acts like that wins the discussion/discredits the other person.
>>
File: tifa_ffvii.jpg (13 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
tifa_ffvii.jpg
13 KB, 320x224
>>319501332
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS
I waited for this moment almost my whole life. I can't wait to see her again, I'm so happy, thank you lord for this, thank you for making my dream come true
>>
>hurr he's supposed to pass as a beautiful woman

Wasn't the whole fucking point of that scene to show Don Corneo was really a closet gay/freak?

He liked Cloud because he looks like a dude.
>>
Anorexic body with bulging muscles looks really awkward. Then his face looks bigger than his body.

He looks like an anorexic Bruce Lee. Who's body mass is less than the sword he uses.
>>
>>319508440
>hurr the Don is totally gay because he wasn't tricked he totally saw Cloud was a guy and totally wanted his dick cause it totally fits my head canon which is totally not what the makers of the game say because my version is totally better!

Go back to fanfiction.net, yaoi landwhale.
>>
>>319508650
You're the landwhale. You're the one arguing for pretty boy Cloud.

also stop projecting
>the Don is totally straight like me he gets all the bitches like me don't you dare say he is gay
>even though he wanted to fuck a guy. He's a pretty guy so it's okay

Fucking trap lover go suck some more dick you didn't even play this game.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 480x360
>>319507197
>I love when
Tch, don't get in my way or I'll send you spinning out
>>
>>319508832
He wanted to fuck a guy, that's exactly why you have to save either Aerith or Tifa from being raped by him while he leaves Cloud to the group of men in his basement. And it's funny how you're projecting what you're doing onto me and accusing me of thinking that.
>>
>>319494949
Sauce on full pic
>>
>>319509232
Just admit you're a trap lover and go home.
>>
>>319494949
I don't know about you guys but I was expecting Cloud to look like Popeye just like in the original game except in 3d.
>>
girls
>argue that a character is too sexy

guys
>argue that a character is too ugly

interesting.
>>
>>319505586
>Zack is an escaped experiment as well, and he wasn't anorexic.

Depends. Are they erasing Crisis Core from the canon with this new remake? Who knows, maybe we'll see Zack in a similar state during the flashbacks.

Yes, I played the games, I'm aware mako turns hosts into a makonoid monsters if they're over-exposed to it to ridiculous levels. But who knows what kind of shit Hojo conducted on Cloud and Zack besides the Mako and Jenova infusions. Maybe they'll give a better explanation for his look, since they said they're adding more detail to the story.

>implying a feature like that will even be in the game

Why not? Nomura already said that he thinks Cloud's sickly look is "brilliant." That would already imply that the look was intentional.

>>319505673
>Wasn't one of the affects of Mako infusement bright blue irises?

Yes.
>>
File: dissidia cloud.jpg (168 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
dissidia cloud.jpg
168 KB, 900x506
Dissidia Arcade Cloud > Smash Cloud > Original Cloud > KH Cloud >>>>>>>>>> Lightning > Remake Cloud
>>
>>319509736
That's because all women on /v/ are men haters and all men on /v/ are gay as fuck.
>>
>>319509736
That's because

girls
>want to subconsciously mother this new Cloud and aww at the fact that Square is taking him in a new direction that actually highlights his issues and places him in a traumatized woobie scenario

guys
>are still upset that one of their fictional childhood role models still looks like a faggot and wimpy one at that, not like the strong, buff, bald, stubbled spece mareens from their western FPS games
>>
>>319509490
Artist is dizdoodz.

Here's the DA version. Warning: extremely sexy ass.

http://orig13.deviantart.net/d401/f/2015/233/9/3/cloud_puffs_by_dizdoodz-d96kwe4.png
>>
>>319510448
>subconsciously

Nigger it's all conscious. I want to mother him and push his face into my breasts while I ride him until his dick falls off.

also
guys are just closet gay on this board. that or underage.
>>
>>319496968
It's not about realism. In the story. Cloud is an irradiated mutant. Regardless of how he looked in the original, Nojima WANTS Cloud to look sickly at the start of the game because it makes sense thematically for him to look fucked up.
>>
>>319510978
> I want to mother him and push his face into my breasts while I ride him until his dick falls off.

same here, that's why I typed out the explanation. Not sure about dick-riding though, he looks to weak even for that. Not attractive, but just woobie/mother-doting cuddle bait for now.
>>
>>319511532
Idk, cocky but sickly looking Cloud turns me on. and I only say dickriding because i'm a sadist. He wouldn't have to do any work anyway just sit there and be mothered and sexually healed.

this is also one of the reasons i prefer aerithxcloud. she could probably literally sexually heal him lol
>>
>>319510824
Found the fully-nude version, enjoy.

http://boards.barachan.org/2D/src/1444014048507-1.jpg
>>
>>319507197
>responding to my post in way that they feel discredits my post

WEW!
>>
>>319495205

underrsted post
>>
I wouldn't mind if Cloud was a little bit beefier. FF does need more muscular men. Barret, Snow, Auron, and Gladiolus were good starts, but we need more.
>>
File: Cloud_Strife.png (89 KB, 289x344) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_Strife.png
89 KB, 289x344
>>319494949
He's supposed to be skinny ._.
>>
>>319514224
But anon, that's simply not realistic and acceptable anymore. We may have loved it back in 1997 when we were all stupid kids, but now we're grown up and despise everything weeaboo so he must be made as American as possible so that we will continue to accept him.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.