[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is so special about this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Psychonautsbox.png (210 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Psychonautsbox.png
210 KB, 256x363
what is so special about this game?
>>
sjw shit that tumblr fawns over
>>
File: psychonauts-20050422053647559.jpg (97 KB, 480x256) Image search: [Google]
psychonauts-20050422053647559.jpg
97 KB, 480x256
>>319492916
I actually started playing it for the very first time couple days ago.

It's FUN, as in pleasure to play and humorous. The idea / story is quite unique, and the world is neatly twisted. It's also always pleasure to find some darker themes in games like these, but they're not showed into your face.

tl;dr: It's an excellent, fairly late 3D collectaton platformer, with style.
>>
>>319492916
sense of adventure
cool powers
i like the characters
the dialogue can be pretty funny and/or endearing

wandering around camp at night and then suddenly
>PYROKINETIC MOUNTAIN LIONS
>>
>>319493329
This, also each world is way different than the rest.

I thought it was pretty funny, too, although I was much younger when I played it.
>>
File: tumblr_netxg322dw1rjei10o1_500.png (184 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_netxg322dw1rjei10o1_500.png
184 KB, 500x375
>>319494293
forgot pic
>>
its old
>>
>>319493052
neither existed in 2005 when the game came out just shut up
>>
>>319493031
danke artz
>>
It has a very unique aesthetic, with good stylized graphics and catchy music, an interesting story with likable characters, and is full of neat ideas and crazy gameplay elements. The levels all feel different with varying visuals, musical styles, and goals, and each provides a sort of psychological backstory for their respective character through means other than dialogue (film rolls, level design.) That said, the voice acting is solid and the writing is superb with genuinely funny jokes. It also feels pretty good to control, but not quite as good as say, Mario 64. The entire game stays fresh and entertaining the full way through and offers a decent amount of replayability in collecting the various figments / baggage / film rolls / cobwebs and leveling up Raz to the fullest extent.
>>
It had lol so random humor before it became a meme
>>
File: 1448293740493.gif (3 MB, 287x191) Image search: [Google]
1448293740493.gif
3 MB, 287x191
The memory vaults are all surprisingly depressing and dark. Very well done as well.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.