[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gekitou Ninja Taisen / Clash of Ninja thread First exposure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 4.jpg (93 KB, 640x896) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
93 KB, 640x896
Gekitou Ninja Taisen / Clash of Ninja thread

First exposure to the series? Mains? Ever play competitively? Do you still regularly play?

I first played GNT3 at a gaming club at school, then I went out to buy Clash of Ninja 2, and I was immediately disappointed, obviously. I usually use Kankuro and Sasuke in the Gamecube games, and Kagura in CoNR3. To this day, I play GNT4 just about every time I get together with my friends from high school, and I play online with Dolphin with people every few weeks.

oh, and if you were that guy that picked Akamaru because you thought it was funny, fuck you. that shit's only funny for the first two minutes.
>>
It's 2015, anon.
What the fuck are you doing?
What kind of terrible genjutsu is this?
>>
>>319490983
It's a good game.
>>
>>319490708
I honestly don't understand a single thing you said.

First Naruto game was Rise of a Ninja. Borrowed Bonds, never played. Played a few hours of UNS3:FB, never finished.
>>
>>319491125
Every Naruto game not in the GNT series is bad. Well, Narutimate Accel was pretty ok.
>>
>>319490708
Mained TenTen, HInata, and Shikamaru. I loved the fuck out of this game. Honestly I've main those 3 in every Naruto fighter I've ever played.
>>
>>319491850
Shikamaru seems like god among beginners. I sure thought he was amazing. Then my friends started jumping over his teleports.
>>
> tfw will never get the Rise of a Ninja achievements on X360 because online community has 100% disappeared
>>
>>319490708
Shit was fun for a while.
I was spontaneously good with Baki when I played the Shippuden Clash of Ninja.
But that was a brief bliss.
>>
>>319491327
>Every Naruto game not in the GNT series is bad
Holy fuck, this is severe autism.
>>
File: JAJxYHlegY4.jpg (27 KB, 460x364) Image search: [Google]
JAJxYHlegY4.jpg
27 KB, 460x364
>>319492386
>>
>>319490708
>First exposure to the series?

Those GCN demo kiosks.
>>
Is there any particular (in-universe) reason why Lee and Gaara didn't head off after Naruto when they had defeated (or rather, lucked out against) Kimimaro?

As good as Cursed Seal Level 2 Sasuke is, he would've just detonated on impact against a One Tail Naruto, a four-fifths healed Lee, and Gaara.
>>
>>319492236
>online trophies/achievements
why do they do this
>>
>>319493503
I dunno.

It's why I fucking LOVED Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (the first one). All of the achievements, all 1000 Gamerscore, could be collected by anyone with enough time, without needing Xbox LIVE or PSN.

I will never have maxed out GS for games like Halo 3, because the online community is dead.
>>
>>319490708
Rock lee for when they were children
Ten Ten for shippuden
>>
Come on guys, /v/ Naruto threads are better than /a/ ones.
>>
I got this game, but it's a pain is the ass to unlock characters.

Any tips? inb4 "learn japanese"
>>
>>319495892
They tend to be but this one was started terribly.
>>
>>319496179
This is true. Keep it near the top so other people see it then.
>>
>>319496129
download a save file.

>>319495892
This is not a Naruto thread. This is GNT/CoN thread.
>>
>>319497878
Which...are Naruto games, are they not?

Remember the Golden Rule of /v/ - you can talk about anything as long as you pretend it's about video games.
>>
>>319498189
Naruto is a shit anime. If I liked Naruto, I'd play Ultimate Ninja Storm. GNT is a fighting game first and a Naruto game second.
>>
>>319498414
Reminder that your taste in anime is subjective and just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's shit.

Well, the anime is shit, but only because it's like 3/4 fillers. The manga itself is mostly alright.
>>
>>319498691
I've never read or watched Naruto. I just like to say it's shit.
>>
Pic related is the last one I played. I played every previous installment as well. Lots of fun. I used pretty much everyone, I really particularly enjoyed Kurenai in Rev2. She was broke as fuck if you knew how to use her.
>>
File: Revolution_2.jpg (982 KB, 1000x1410) Image search: [Google]
Revolution_2.jpg
982 KB, 1000x1410
>>319498965
forgot pic
>>
>>319498965
Kurenai? Broke as fuck? Broken is all about context, and she may have a fast super and that silly low damage corner only infinite, but she can't really hold a candle to CS2 Sasuke or the other top characters.
>>
>>319498794
/a/ you card, get back to your own board!
>>
>>319499142
That's what everyone says when I bring it up. Trust me, once you learn her genjutsu traps, the character completely changes.
>>
>>319499343
You mean that forward A?
It's back turn unblockable in that game, right?
>>
>>319499452
I don't remember the command for it, but she sprouted a tree from the ground and it trapped people. At first I thought it was just cute nonsense but once I fucked with it, it became a pretty unfair move that most character couldn't really deal with
>>
>>319490983
you realize genjutsu means reality right?
>>
>>319499751
That's forward A, yeah.
I guess it's unfair if you're playing against people that don't like blocking. The nail in the coffin for that move is that it costs chakra to do.
>>
>>319490708
>Akamaru because you thought it was funny, fuck you. that shit's only funny for the first two minutes.
Akamaru was a character? That's fucking awesome. I never imported the game cube games. I know I imported Narutimate Hero 3, and Narutimate Accel 1 and 2. Those were fucking fun, but then I fell out of Naruto. I'm reading the manga right now, and it's pretty cool. I just hate how hung up over Sasuke he gets.
>>
>>319499864
Unfortunately, I don't rememer all the details, but I had some cute tricks that proved very effective even against
>heh...
>*teleports behind you characters*

Also she had some really neat spacing tools and a teleport. And her super was a counter
>>
>>319500042
At first glance, you think he's stupid because he's so small and nigh impossible to hit.
So then you resolve to only use low attacks or projectiles... and the real problem rears its ugly head: he is immune to throws, breaking the dynamic of the game entirely. If he wants to run away and block forever, he can.
>>
>>319500185
Any chance of videos of you using her?
I really won't believe this until I see it.
>>
>>319500457
Nope, no videos. If I can't convince with words, then I won't be able to at all. Best I can say is go back into the game and use her for a bit because like most, you probably glossed over her so you can play Itachi (I'm guilty of this as well). She has all the attribute of a good con character.

High damage
Counter
Teleport
Projectile that covers sidestep
Safe Combos
Above average space control

She's just not as extreme as obvious offenders like CS Sasuke.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.