[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so fucking wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Fanboy fallout over no awards.jpg (191 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Fanboy fallout over no awards.jpg
191 KB, 1000x563
Name one way in which the crap-tastic pile of shit did not fuck up. Just one- and I'll give you Bethesda drones 30 minutes to reply so you can come up with some high-quality bullshit.
>>
>>319485774
That one quest with the guy was cool.
>>
>>319485774
95% sucked ass. The 5% good was the world detail
>>
>>319485774
You sound pretty butthurt everyone is liking the game but /v/.
>>
Normally this is 400 replies where's all the hate?
>>
>>319487396
It's because you're not bringing anything new up. Nice job posting on your own post btw.

Honestly Fallout 4 just chose to appeal to a more different audience, you are just gonna have to deal with it.
>>
>>319486164
what about the skeleton with the thing next to it. that was some great storytelling, wasn't it?
>>
>>319487919
I'm not OP lol im actually looking forward to getting FO4 but I find it entertaining to watch some people come here and cry about it before they drop 300 hours into it.
>>
>>319485774
The changes to power armor usage were actually really fun and engaging. The change in physics allowed for a much broader change in landscape design and vertical exploration (also enhances the already cool new jetpack). The shift in presentation and utility that the pipe guns represent was pretty sweet (also stripping weapons of mods). Muslim enemies were also a good change of pace when they gave PA so early so you didn't necessarily want to run in blind. They still had truly unique items placed in the world instead of JUST randomly generated.

Uh, that's pretty much it. Literally everything else sucks ass.
>>
>>319488295
Pretty descriptive right ayyyyayayyay

Like I said before I think the strengths of the game are the better shooting mechanics (since they basically said fuck it and made the game into a actual fps) and the power armor system, plus making junk you find have an actual use for crafting
>>
>>319489154
100-120 hours total with multiple playthroughs by the way. I'll buy it for PC when the "now with all dlc packs" edition goes on sale for $30.
>>
>>319485774
The Cabbot quest were the only 2 hours i had fun in the game. Rest is lame.
>>
>>319486551
Literally reddit hates this game too faggot
>>
>>319489154
Second. I think that this game doesn't really cater to fans of say New Vegas or FAllout 3 but still standalone it has a lot of cool gimmicks and places where it shines.

One thing I hate though is how there are these stupid collectible mini games like Atomic Command. If I wanted to play missile command I'd fucking look up a flash version or find a emulator to play it on.
>>
>>319490156
>I have the same tastes as reddit
>>
>>319488295

>that was some great storytelling, wasn't it?

> Saw a skeleton next to another skeleton, and a kickball on the ground between them. Wow. Doubly powerful because there were two skeletons. They must have really liked kickball.
> I knew it was environmental storytelling because there was a skeleton next to a thing.
>It really made me think some deep thoughts.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/fallout-storytelling-skeleton/
>>
>>319490782
You have worse tastes than Reddit lol
>>
File: fallout-4.jpg (79 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4.jpg
79 KB, 1024x576
I really enjoyed the game OP. The cover-art is superb, you can't argue that.
>>
Swimming and seeing under water isn't terribly shitty this time around. Only mostly shitty.
>>
I fucking hate that there's no variety in armor or weapons. The crafting system is cool but shit, its all just the same shit with different ammo!! Also I cant bring myself to finish the story....it had me hooked until you got to the institute....
>>
>>319493205
That's the exact point that I stopped at. Fired it up a few times since then and just can't be bothered any more.
>>
The armor design, and maybe the companions?
>>
>>319493351
I feel cheated. The institute is barely evil, they're just some incestuous nerds in the basement of MIT.
>>
The combat was much better than 3, crafting was decent, parts of the power armor system was good, and settlements were fun. It's a horrible rpg and fallout game though.
>>
File: steam.png (33 KB, 625x366) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
33 KB, 625x366
>>319485774
Nothing, I have played this game for around 150 hrs and it was great. The modding community is already making tons of awesome mods. I can't wait for GECK and the 1st dlc, I am expecting this game to have a larger modding community than Skyrim.

A month has passed and Fallout 4 is still the rank #1 AAA singleplayer game on Steam. Fallout 4 is a huge success for Bethesda, after 2011-Skyrim.

Stay mad niggers.
>>
>>319485774
I tried to give this a chance, I really did. I thought if I kept exploring and playing quests it would be fine.

What a let down. This is so casualised its taken all the fun away from the other titles. I played for two weeks and just stopped becasue its boring.
The people, the weapons and that fucking dialogue wheel was a joke not to mention the perks system.
>>
>>319493652
So the incompetent developers famous for being successful despite their incompetence are successful again?

Congratulations to them, I guess.
>>
>>319493351
Good thing I still am doing Minuteman quests at this point. Does anyone know how long this takes?
>>
>>319491092
Stop it your triggering me
>>
>>319490164
>One thing I hate though is how there are these stupid collectible mini games like Atomic Command

then dont play them you stupid nigger
>>
>>319493727
played 114 hours and yeah i get the same thing, enjoyed the first playthrough and then went to go do another and holy shit its so fucking bad, must've just blanked it on the first playthrough
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.