[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they have to ruin it, /v/? Is there even gonna be a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg (61 KB, 600x746) Image search: [Google]
Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg
61 KB, 600x746
Why did they have to ruin it, /v/?

Is there even gonna be a fourth game?
>>
>>319483375
in retrospect the first Dead Space was really a hallmark, in my onion

easily one of the best and most ambitious new IPs of its generation
>>
Would you want a fourth one, OP?

Don't sully something you enjoyed by hoping it be run farther into the group. Enjoy it and appreciate it for what it was.
>>
>>319483569
Sh-Shrek?>>319483750
>>
Damn, the third was so shitty. I get why thee need for universal ammo, but the weapons were shit, power nodes were way better than gaychips and the shops was awful
>>
After playing 3, I just want them to reboot the series. Have a single game that's a re-imagining of 1 and 2 with more sanity effects and weapons. No Ellie and have Isaac die at the end.
>>
>tfw in DS2 when you have to go back to the Ishimura

That was so tense.
>>
Well, considering that Visceral is chained to Hardline, we won't be seeing a Dead Space 4 for a while.
>>
>1 and 2 still good games
3 would have been an decent tps, but they called it dead space, and as a dead space game it was shit.
>>
Dead Space 2 was better than 1.

And there's nothing you can say to prove otherwise.
>>
>>319486637
I can't prove you wrong because the first one was so bad I never bothered with the second.
>>
>>319485192

That level was so fucking well done. The pacing was god tier.
>>
>>319483375
One was a shitty attempt at survival horror. Survival Horror really doesn't work all that well when they start you off with the best weapon in the game. Not to mention it was trying to pass off jump scares as something more than that.

Dead Space 2 knew what it was. Didn't try to be a survival horror game, and did an excellent job at being a B-Movie Horror based Action Game. Best in the series right here.

Dead Space 3 removed a fuck ton of shit that made the franchise unique and pulled a "we are going for the CoD crowd." For the game in the series that concentrated on nothing but action it wasn't even as good at it as the second game.
>>
>>319483375

1 and 2 were pretty fucking great, 3 sucked only because they focused on co-op, but to be fair I don't believe franchises should stay for too long, it had a good run and nobody expected that and that's good, would you really want them to go the Ubisoft route and milk every last breath out of the franchise? Of course you don't. Only old games have this privilege and still they only make money because of the established name, the new games still mostly suck.
>>
Every Dead Space thread I'll say it.

A second playthrough of 1 and 2 is different with the music turned off, and a playthrough of 3 is IMPROVED with the music off.

The sound design team on the Dead Space games is fucking godly, one moment that sticks out for me is in the DS2 'severed' DLC

>Already used to Necromorphs coming out of vents by now
>Vent right in front of you with a corner to turn around to your left
>Nothing comes out of the vent as you approach, but there's the sound of something walking around in the vents nearby
>As you go around the corner and the vent moves out of view, you hear it bust open
>Turn around and go back to the vent
>There's nothing there
>Nothing comes up behind you after that
>Constant spooky blueballs until you reach the next room
>>
>>319487121
nah, the directional sound in those games is absolute trash; i don't know why, but it just does not work. in one, two, and three i inevitably die a few times to exploding-arm-guys sneaking up behind me because it SOUNDS like they're on the other side of the room, when in reality their sound has one set volume, and they're actually three feet behind me
>>
>>319483375
Sure!
>Part one 50$
>Part two 50$
>The REAL ending 40$
>Gun pack 30$
>>
>>319483375
I want to play the first two so bad, but I don't want to since I heard the third game sucks so bad, and I don't want to play the first two and be left hanging, knowing there's a third game
>>
Dead Space 1 was pretty good, never knew when it was going to end
>>
>>319485192
>I played DS2 immediately after beating DS1
>find out I have to go back
>scared the whole time I'm there
That was perfect.
>>
>>319488419
2 finishes without a cliffhanger
You'd be fine leaving it there
>>
>>319483375
Guys remember that part where Isaac gets keked ? That was a good part
>>
>>319483569
I don't think keeping your games in onions is good for the discs or cartridges.
>>
>>319488732
do the first and second games have anything to do with each other?

do the second and third games?

seems like the series didn't need a third game now that you say that, and it was just EA cashing in on it
>>
>>319488956
Well the in the second one your dead gf haunts you through the whole game so is kinda connected to the first one.
The third one seems pretty fucking shoehorned just to make some cash, as you say.
>>
Why is the survival horror genre dead? Dead space 1 and 2 were easily some of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>319489230
alright, thanks anon.
>>
>>319488956

All of them follow the same character. Isaac.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.