[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to start playing good as DeeDeeDee any tips on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 21
File: 12457897.jpg (185 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
12457897.jpg
185 KB, 1024x576
I really want to start playing good as DeeDeeDee any tips on this would be great.
>>
Here's a tip: don't play DeeDeeDee
>>
You're the heaviest character in the game and you have amazing recovery.
Forward B is really risky, almost any character can smash attack your spinies back at you.
>>
>>319473394
Jabs, Nairs, Up-airs, win.
>>
Gordos are not meant to be spammed, nearly everything in the game can pop them back at you, but you can send them right back by using side special again.
Don't try to use them as a long-range projectile, using them instead as a short-range damage machine. Hitting someone with your side-special while you whack the Gordo typically sends them flying right into it.
You can also hold up on the stick after hitting the Gordo to make it go nearly straight up, good for hitting people that are trying to approach or recover from off-stage.
When using his up-special, keep in mind that you can hit up on the stick to cancel the drop attack and get back your air mobility, you'll be helpless as you fall and right after you land though.
His dash attack is basically a smash on its own, it can KO at high enough percentages or near edges.
His jab can catch enemies who are using a dash attack or a special that sends them forwards and also blocks most projectiles.
Thanks to Dedede's great recovery, catching someone with neutral special and jumping off the stage to spit them out works even better than it does with Kirby.
Be as smug as you can possibly be while fighting people, this will help immensely.
>>
>>319473813
bowser is heaviest followed by dk then dedede
>>
>>319473394
camp, abuse gordos, stay in the air at all times.
>>
Fuck DDD give me tips for MEGAMAN
>>
File: 1405444312060.png (709 KB, 1023x864) Image search: [Google]
1405444312060.png
709 KB, 1023x864
>>319473394
learn proper gordo use. never use smash attack or dash attacks. hold down to taunt. abuse inhale and disrespect at all times.
>>
>>319473394
learn to spell his name right you diarrhea devouring dolt
>>
play brawl
>>
>>319476262
Use tornadoes and uptilt to kill at around 80.

Is Game & Watch viable against a ZSS or a Shiek? I can beat everyone else but them
>>
>>319473394
why do people say deedeedee.

shouldnt it be dehdehdeh
>>
File: 1408921549607.png (72 KB, 224x215) Image search: [Google]
1408921549607.png
72 KB, 224x215
>>319473394
Dedede main here, this is what you gotta know

Your jab is great
Your down tilt is super fast
Your side tilts have really good range
Your side smash hits like a fucking truck and has a good arch, but it comes out slow
Your up smash has good range and can hit through a lot of platforms (battlefield, dreamland, etc)
Your down smash comes out quickly and is a great way to counter rollers (virtually everyone in for glory)
Your back air hits incredibly hard
Your down air can be hard to time, but is great for gimping opponents
Your nair is basically instant
Your up air is godlike (down throw to up air is a good simple combo)
Master your gordos (learn how to catch them, speed them correctly, stick them into the side of the stage, etc)
Use up-b sparingly, it leaves you wide open when you use to land it on stage
He's one of the heaviest characters in the game, so rage can be used heavily to your advantage
Normal-b / down-b are pretty useless, except sucking someone near the edge and suiciding is both hilarious and effective in for glory (non-retards can easily break out of it, and you will die first)
>>
>>319478929
>hammer charge is useless
>power and range of smash, while being mobile, capable of jumping, turning, and shieldbreaker
Of course you need more context to it than running towards someone with it, but you can do really nasty shit with it
>>
>>319478425
That's how the anime and the announcer says it.
>>
>>319473394
Here are some useful tips:

1.) Dedede has a really bad matchup against any characters that can camp well since Gordos are your only form of pressure and Dedede has bad approach options so it's recommended that you don't solo main Dedede, but instead co-main him with a character who can deal with camping characters.
Fucking seriously, characters like ROB, Falco, campy Marios, etc. will make you want to kill yourself.

2.) Don't throw Gordo with the intention of hitting your opponent. Throw Gordo for two reasons: creating a space your opponent doesn't want to be in so you can predict and control where they DO want to be, and to start a Gordo volley (they hit it back and you hit it right back.)

3.) Be vary aware of your spacing. F-tilt is a great spacing tool. Nair and Jab are your bread and butter.
F-Smash has low ending lag and can be used as bait sometimes. That move can scare your opponent a lot too since it can kill very early, and one random F-Smash can fuck up your opponents whole game (but realize it's also easy to punish.)

Down B is garbage, don't use it for anything but weird mixups.
You have good follow ups out of down throw so use that shit, and you can also jab into grab.

Also, Down tilt is cool.
Use that and crouch a lot because you look really sexy when you do that.

Dedede meta is also taunt heavy.
Taunt a lot, it's funny.
>>
>>319479487
I promise you that no good player will ever get hit with the charge hammer. Literally any attack in the entire game interrupts it
>>
>>319479817
Just hold the down button once you kill someone so it looks like he's just relaxing. That usually rustles my jimmies when a DDD does that to me.
>>
>>319479871
>I promise you that no good player will ever get hit with the charge hammer.

You could say the exact same thing about Falcon Punch, but when used at the right time it can actually hit.
It's one of those moves that's seen so rarely that as a mixup can catch your opponent off guard.

Remember, you're playing a human being after all, not a robot.
>>
File: 20151115_234713~2.jpg (418 KB, 1468x1456) Image search: [Google]
20151115_234713~2.jpg
418 KB, 1468x1456
Any tips for Mewtwo mains out there?
>>
>>319479941
Another good advanced Dedede tech is to down taunt and while D3's doing that (slapping his belly and bouncing in a circle) you let out a harsh giggle like a down syndrome child.
>>
>>319480406
>Any tips for Mewtwo mains out there?

Hire a therapist.
>>
>>319478425
>why do people say deedeedee.

Because that's how it's pronounced.
>>
>>319480224
Also, you lay flat on the ground after doing it, so you can dodge high attacks
>>
File: eddy.jpg (8 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
eddy.jpg
8 KB, 271x186
>>319480406
2k battles online mewtwo main here. I love using him. Downtilt combos to f-air or a u-air is a good option, u-air fucks up peoples chances to escape, which allows you to follow up with another downtilt.

Shadow balls can be useful for luring people into your disable. So if an opponent is running in your direction, throw the shadow ball, and if they are flying in your location, land a disable, taunt, down/f-smash. I would avoid using f-smash, since for some reason if players are within his arms, rather than the hitbox it will miss.

don't just lunge at people, approach in ways to catch them offguard, n-air is another fantastic combo starter and approach option. Just short hop to them. This can drag them to land right in front of you which gives you more than enough time to use your down tilt combos.

His edge game ain't too bad either. He can spike, drag players down with his n-air, quick fall f-air, and back air people on the corner of the stages.

Try to avoid using his down throw, it's garbage. His back throw and up throw are kill moves at around 90-110%, depending on your opponent.

His side b allows him to safely land back on the stage with ease. Just before you hit the ground, use it and go back the opposite direction to throw your opponent off.

His u-airs can be used multiple times, since it really does fuck with peoples jump, which can lead back down to your down tilt.

Good luck out there. It isn't easy being Mewtwo, but once you know how to use him, he's VERY fun.
>>
>>319480406
l+r+a+start sheik
>>
>>319480406
Pick a god and pray
>>
File: HOW CAN I HELP YOU KING DEDEDE.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
HOW CAN I HELP YOU KING DEDEDE.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>319473394
Mix up your Gordo trajectory, so as to bait your opponent into jumping right into them.

Don't spam Gordos, they do less damage if you use them too often. Keep your enemy guessing and pull 'em out at inopportune moments (like when they're trying to recover safely).

Play defensively. Dedede can take a frankly retarded amount of punishment thanks to being built like a brick shithouse and having one of the best recoveries in the game.

Be patient. You're slow, fat, and super punishable. Make them come to you, build up some damage, then bait them into a Smash attack.

Up-Tilt Gordos are basically instant walls; use them if you need to lock down some ground or get some breathing room.

Pretty much everyone ignores that the stars that pop out when you land your Up B can stagger; don't rely on it, but it helps make your Up B a safe option for getting back on stage.

Dedede's air game is pretty strong. Up Air, N Air, and F Air are all super useful. B Air has a really finnicky hitbox, but I've gotten a ton of really clutch KOs by landing it on someone who's trying to recover.

Dedede is not an offensive character. Play smart, be deliberate, keep your opponent on their toes with Gordos and deny as much area as possible.

F Tilt and Down Tilt are super goddamn useful, especially for opponents that you just can't seem to get a bead on.

Bait and punish, bait and punish.

Everyone is afraid of Dedede's F Smash; it's one of the strongest moves in the game. Use this fear against them- if you're charging an F Smash, they're gonna stay away from you. Use it to bait them into a position you want them to be in.

Alternatively, set up a Gordo wall while they're trying to recover and force them right into a fully charged F Smash.
>>
>>319476262
Always have some kind of projectile in the air.

Keep your distance and overwhelm your opponent; occupy their attention with all kinds of flying bullshit so they walk right into a Shoryuken or Smash Attack.
>>
>>319478929
Fellow Dedede main here, this man speaks the truth.

The only thing I'd amend is the Charge Hammer; I've found situations where it can be useful if you charge it up while recovering, only to unleash it a second before you land on someone trying to "catch" you (ala DK's neutral B).

It's pretty situational, but it's got its uses.
>>
>>319481624
>Mewtwo
I respect that. I like him in Melee. He's got the best looking moveset in SSB4.

I'm picking this game up again after a long hiatus. Is online still hot garbage?
>>
File: Oh, god, I'm so retarded.png (146 KB, 270x278) Image search: [Google]
Oh, god, I'm so retarded.png
146 KB, 270x278
>>319477646
Is there a human female version of Meta Knight similar to your pic? I ask because research.
>>
>>319483550
>>319478929

I don't know why you both think Neutral B is bad.

When recovering you can use it to suck your opponent up and spit them under the stage.
It's also a mixup in the air that beats shield and can be used in similar situations as Wario's bite.

You can also B reverse it as a mixup.

It's not the most useful in D3's arsenal, but find myself using it pretty regularly in a variety of situations and it works well.
>>
My circle pad is broken so Dedede suits me perfectly, what with him not using smash attacks and not running around like a faggot.

Smash 4 really bores me though, seems like everyone online sticks to the same strategy throughout a fight, having watched a bunch of combo vids and read FAQs on which attacks are the best. I just wing it and win most of the time anyway.
>>
>>319477646
>never use smash attack or dash attacks

Literally the only move you can say "never do this" to is Down B.
Dash attack hits like a fucking freight train and there are situations where it works.
It just doesn't work like most people's dash attacks, so don't try to use it like anyone else's dash attack.
>>
>>319484041
I mean, it's not BAD, it's just really situational.
If someone was just starting out as Dedede, it's definitely not something I'd tell them to focus on.
>>
File: No.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>319484076
>My circle pad is broken so Dedede suits me perfectly

Smash 4 doesn't support the circle pad.
>>
>>319484602
3DS circle pad, as opposed to D-pad because a circle has no predetermined directions.

Still mad you can't map movement to the D-pad, joysticks are for scrubs.
>>
>>319484538
Fair enough, but you also don't want to condition a new player to ignore parts of their arsenal just because they're not bread 'n' butter moves.
Very few characters have "never use" moves, like Ness with PK Flash.
>>
File: 1449535603473.png (83 KB, 307x383) Image search: [Google]
1449535603473.png
83 KB, 307x383
>>319473394
>D3 Tips?
Don't play D3. Seriously.

The only Heavy in Sm4sh that's not a huge liability is Dong. A good Dong can get pretty scary, so long as you don't throw him at anything at the tippy-top tiers (Fox, Rosalina, Mario, ZSS, Sheik, Sonic, Pikachu, Ness). Avoid those and you can realistically win any other match up.

Just keep a pocket high tier for those match ups if you want to win them in the meanwhile.
>>
Don't
>>
>>319485001
>>319485129
>Tourneyfags

I don't mind losing every now and then, as long as I occasionally get to humiliate people with a fat penguin.
>>
>>319485001
Yeah, M2K uses Dong and Mario I think for that reason.
>>
>>319481624
I like to get to quickly try to carry people off stage and get them trap in Mewtwo's Bair attack.
It can kill early, as long as the other fighter is not a good jumper.
This is Mewtwo's only counter for Little Mac because Mac can sent Mewtwo flying early at 30%
>>
File: 20151203_165901~2.jpg (733 KB, 2560x1134) Image search: [Google]
20151203_165901~2.jpg
733 KB, 2560x1134
>>319483765
Online is still full of shitter that shit all over Mewtwo.
Mewtwo is not noob friendly, and you will lose alot. But it will only make you better.
>>
File: 1444197421031.png (202 KB, 443x363) Image search: [Google]
1444197421031.png
202 KB, 443x363
>>319485478
>Tourneyfags
I'm just being realistic here, anon. It doesn't matter if you believe in tiers or anything, but the frame data doesn't lie. Those characters are the ones that are going to give Dong the hardest time just by simply existing. Naturally, skill and good, hard reads are going to trump frame data every time, but just don't roll into every fight against those characters with D3 and expect to win just 'cause.

>losing every now and then
If you're cool with running D3 then you can expect to lose every other now and then.
>>
>>319485478
It's not even being a tourneyfag, it's being an ignorant wannabe tourneyfag.

The guy who's #4 on the Norcal power rankings (my region) mains G&Wand does well and there are plenty of other people who use low tiers.
ESAM has a pocket Samus, and up until recently everyone thought Dr Mario was shit until Nairo whipped him out and fucked up ESAM's shit.

And while it's true that players like Zero and Mr. R would wreck your shit with their sheik if you're trying to main Dedede, that's two of the best players in the world.
You can win locals and be a good player using lower tiered characters.
You're just not going to be top 8 at Evo unless you know some shit about your character that nobody else is aware of yet.
DK is only viable because of the Ding Dong, but still that took someone actually vetting DK's options after the patch that changed his cargo up throw.
People create the meta, it exists as we discover it.
>>
How do I play against Marth? I don't even struggle against him as a particular character, I just suck against him no matter what. I feel like I can never get close enough to hit him.
>>
Gimme some hot tips for maining Robin plz.
>>
Just mash up B.
>>
Why would you ever ask something like this? You play one of the safest character in the entire fucking roster, the only thing you need to do is be conscious of your riskier options and the rest is playing a game of out-patience your opponent.
>>
>>319486264
Down+B is a free KO every time he counters.

Side tilt and neutral B trumps his range.

He has no projectiles, so gordos really wreck his shit if used properly.
>>
File: 1449032941541.png (14 KB, 230x154) Image search: [Google]
1449032941541.png
14 KB, 230x154
>>319486191
What is no-one knows the Game & Watch/Dr. Mario match up, Alex?

I'll take Norcal is Overrated for $1,000.
>>
>>319486264
I'm pretty sure F-tilt out spaces Marth's f-tilt/f-smash and I'm pretty sure all of Marth's aerials have enough end lag that if he uses one to knock a Gordo back at you, you can hit it back with a nair or down tilt and Marth just has to eat the Gordo.

Marth can be a pain in the dick if you're trying to land, but you can camp Marth and outspace him.
>>
>>319486264
if you want to get in, just do it when he is in recovery from an aerial.

marths attacks dont stay out that long so if you can get a read on him and spotdodge, he wont hit you
>>
File: frog.png (19 KB, 1008x630) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
19 KB, 1008x630
>>319486593
>You play one of the safest character in the entire fucking roster

No and you're retarded.
Please stop.
D3 has some of the best survivability in the entire game, but he doesn't really have any moves that are safe.
>>
>>319486971
To add to that too:

Marth has no shield safe options and his grab has no guaranteed follow ups, so you can pretty safely abuse shield against Marth.
>>
Crouch is best taunt
>>
I've been doing nicely against Links and Mothers recently, but I ran into a Ganondorf that absolutely destroyed me. How do you avoid those heavy attacks with a fat shit like Dedede?
>>
>>319473394
use your toss
use your c slam on minions
toss until you get spike
if spike doesnt kill, c slam spike at enemy
use spec jump all the time
>>
>>319487398
>Not jamming A while occasionally mixing in a side taunt

Wururururururu Roh ho ho ho
>>
>>319487502
> I ran into a Ganondorf that absolutely destroyed me. How do you avoid those heavy attacks with a fat shit like Dedede?

That's not a character thing, that Ganon was just a better player.

How the fuck is Ganon supposed to avoid your attacks being a fat heavy piece of shit with bad approach options?
Just camp with Dedede and outspace him.
Ganon is a really easy match up, you have the advantage.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x424
>Used to main DDD
>Always complained about the dash attack
>Fight one as Kirby
>He dash attacks while I'm off stage
>His head goes off stage and kills me
I didn't know why he always complained about the dash attack until I experienced it for myself
>>
>>319488198
His attacks are fast and mobile though, and goes through my guard. He just blocks my every approach and dash-grabs me.

I admit that he's a better player, but I defeat better players all the time. This guy I couldn't lay a finger on until I switched character.
>>
>>319488439
*Friend always complained
Don't know how I messed that up
>>
>>319488524
>Getting dash grabbed by ganondorf
How? His grab range is shit and his dash grab barely moves him forward
>>
>>319488827
Barely? Out-ranges my side tilt, which is the furthest I can hit.
>>
I love playing characters that have slide.

He and Megaman's slide down tilts are pretty boss.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 156x159) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 156x159
>>319488940
>Out-ranges my side tilt
You're kidding right? We're talking about DDD right?
>>
>>319478129
Personally I find that uptilt hard to land. Feels good though when it does.
>>
>>319489272
I know, right? That side tilt goes through the screen and hits my left thumb, but ganondorf stays just out of range and dashgrabs me anyway.

It's frustrating because it wasn't a question of skill, I just couldn't think of any counter. That's why I'm asking.
>>
File: 1429889520367.jpg (213 KB, 1107x1701) Image search: [Google]
1429889520367.jpg
213 KB, 1107x1701
How do I little mac?

I find out his quick tilts are much better then just spamming smash attacks but I still abuse the super armor and his d-tilt combos into F-smash and Side B. His down smash is also the ban of roll spammers and his jab is fucking beast just watch the DI at higher percentages.
>>
>>319484849
List of NEVER EVER use moves
>Samus' jab
>Ness' PK Flash
>Pacman's grab
>Samus' homing missile
>Mewtwo's Disable
>Mac's Dair
>Jigglypuff's Sing and Roll Out
>>
>>319490420
I call her...
Little Macaroni.
>>
>>319473394
use the side b where it bounces more vertically and don't spam it like a retard
use jab
use dtilt
use ftilt
use dsmash

wowwie you learned how to play one of the least fun to fight characters in the game online
>>
>>319490794
Macs dair jab locks, you scrub.
>>
>>319491002
You shouldn't end your sentences with a prepostion.

Also you should git gud
>>
>>319491420
I said online. Understandably, the game is a lot more fun since you don't have to deal with the games awful netcode.
>>
>>319491617
Yeah FG is underwatermode. No way to tell your or your oppenents connection strength. Nintendo always drops the ball on basic shit.
>>
>>319478129
G&W main here.
I cannot fight ZSS at all. I keep getting outranged at every possible opportunity with either Zair or her range in general. Really shitty matchup.
Sheik is a more doable matchup.
>>
>>319473394
I have a tip:
It's spelled Dedede, three d's, three e's. Only the first d is capitalized
>>
Crouch until they get close and use the TWO TON TUNIC
>>
>>319490420
Keep doing exactly what you're doing, but maybe try being unpredictable at times. Change your playstyle a bit every so often. Get in their heads and mess with them.
>>
File: 1442695317018.png (671 KB, 999x906) Image search: [Google]
1442695317018.png
671 KB, 999x906
>>319484032
>>
File: Kirby.Series.full.657725.jpg (2 MB, 1887x1578) Image search: [Google]
Kirby.Series.full.657725.jpg
2 MB, 1887x1578
>>319477646
>>319496175
Gross
>>
File: 40088852_p3.png (143 KB, 299x591) Image search: [Google]
40088852_p3.png
143 KB, 299x591
>>319477646
>>319496175
yuck
>>
D^3 is light for a heavyweight (if that makes any sense). Basically he comes with the heavyweight problems of slower attacks and movement but makes up for it with amazing recovery. What this means is you shouldn't look to brawl as much as a Bowser, but can still afford to throw your weight around against lighter opponent's
>>
tips for diddy?
how do i finish? how do i use my bananner properly? Is he a good secondary if my mains are Ike, Samus, and DK?
>>
File: 48466248_p2_master1200.jpg (1 MB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
48466248_p2_master1200.jpg
1 MB, 800x1000
>>319496175
>Poyo!
>mfw
>>
>>319480406
Been having a lot of success with Mewtwo. Be patient and charge Shadow Ball, and rememeber two half charged will break shield.
Most opponents jump up to avoid so go in with a dash u-smash it has great range and power. Also use forward grab it wracks damage and you can throw a shadowball immediately to lure.
>>
>>319500175
Go for the Peanut Popgun explosion kills or you're gay
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.