[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he doesnt main Kung Fu Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
>he doesnt main Kung Fu Man
>>
>>319471152
He's neither dark nor excelent
>>
>>319471152
You're a fucking retard for starting the thread like this. Greentext most likely won't be funny to people old enough to have messed with mugen back in the day, if you actually started with a decent post this thread could have been decent.
>>
>>319471554
how would you start the thread then?
>>
>>319471554
im not op but...what?
the fuck are you talking about dude?
>>
Mugen was good times. It's too bad that online play is literally impossible unless someone was to make some type of MUGEN client that has a database of every character that allows you to play with others even if their mugen is different than yours.
I'm sure it could work, but no one is dedicated enough to do it
>>
File: 1326234820437.png (25 KB, 146x187) Image search: [Google]
1326234820437.png
25 KB, 146x187
>>319471152
>Playing fighting games in general

Are people really so autistic that they need to cling onto a genre just because they can feel superior to others because of muscle memory they developed my spending hours doing the same attacks over and over?
>>
>>319472461
I think you have a huge misconception about fighting games anon
>>
>>319472561
I typed "combo video" into youtube and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36JUiqRnrXk
was the first thing that came up. Same shit as every other fighting game.
>>
>>319472461
Wrong thing anon. Mugen isn't a game that you spend hours doing the same thing over and over again attacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AQV3kIRt-A
>>
I want to get off this ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyil5-d799k
>>
>>319472907
Mugen is a game about black rubber monster gangbangs.
>>
>>319472907
>That buggy character select for ants
>MS Paint characters
>Unfitting donkey kong music
>Moon jumps and 12FPS

Jesus christ I can't even list how many things are wrong with this shit
>>
>>319473078
>Creations that are legitimate meme-characters by definition

Anywhere else this would be considered "autism" only in the "FGC" is autistic OC like this excusable.
>>
File: 1400113575614.jpg (26 KB, 150x188) Image search: [Google]
1400113575614.jpg
26 KB, 150x188
>>319472882
>Smash Melee
>muscle memory combos

Not the guy you're arguing with, but you could not have picked a better game to completely undermine your point if you had consciously tried.
>>
>>319472882
You're over-complicating what combos truly are.
In practically every game except USF4 and KOF XIII, combos are easy and just require a basic understanding.
There's no such thing as practicing combos for hours, especially in Melee, combos aren't something that are easily practiced thanks to DI. It's essentially just "doing what you think should come next" in smash games.
In SF combos are usually short and at their hardest
What is actually important in fighting games are mixups and fundamentals, without those you won't be landing any combos
>>
>>319473402
It's pretty much just an arms race to make the most OP character possible.
>>
>>319473402
Mugen isn't even a part of the FGC due to the lack of balance and legitimate competition
>>
>>319473542
So the average person is going to do drill shines and wavedashes day one without practice?

Nice try faggot.
>>
>>319474141
This brings about the point of what's intended to learn in the game and what isn't.
Drill shines and wavedashes aren't intended to be learned by design
>>
>>319474382
>Drill shines and wavedashes aren't intended to be learned by design

Neither is half of the shit people execute in these shitty buggy games. It's always a race to see what fun new broken glitch can be found to win over and over again in the least fun way possible. A similar situation is happening even in mugen >>319473693

MUGEN is even more cancerous since it's literally a deviantart meme-simulator
>>
>>319474745
>Neither is half of the shit people execute in these shitty buggy games
In smash games sure, but traditional fighting games are generally more restricted.
Smash's freedom is a pro and a fault, it's pretty much speedrunning of fighting games.
Mugen isn't supposed to be taken seriously and if you want it to you have to make your own characters and balance. There are plenty of original mugen games that aren't full of bullshit but it's kind of an outdated engine at this point.
>>
>>319471895
Kung fun man was the default mugen guy
>>
>>319475671
What does that have to do with either post you fucking retard?
>>
>>319475079
See: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_fighting_games

I pasted mostly to point out shit like "crouch tech" "fadc" and all sorts of other shit you wouldn't pick up without some kind of guide or video.
>>
>>319476012
Also before anyone jumps on this*
I just mean advanced tech in general, not lumping in fadc with the glitches and other tech.
>>
File: inspect my 5.jpg (107 KB, 216x365) Image search: [Google]
inspect my 5.jpg
107 KB, 216x365
>>319471862
More memes.
>>
>>319474745
>MUGEN is even more cancerous since it's literally a deviantart meme-simulator
>I hate fun
You're just supposed to load some fun characters and play a match or two, Mr. Autism
>>
>>319475806
hey FUCK YOU NIGGA

I was just being HELPFUL YOU DAMN FAGGOT
>>
>>319476012
>shit you wouldn't pick up without some kind of guide or video
This is a legitimate problem with all 2D fighting games. They all lack good tutorials that could make this tech easier to learn in relation to 3D fighters.
>>
>>319471554
perhaps the green text will catch the eye of the younger whipper snappers
>>
>>319471152
>His roster isn't only Kung fu man
>>
>he doesn't main Yuri Di AAAAAAA
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.