[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me not to buy this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: darksouls2.jpg (246 KB, 800x1128) Image search: [Google]
darksouls2.jpg
246 KB, 800x1128
Convince me not to buy this
>>
I didn't like it but a lot of people do, so go for it op
>>
>>319469671
Shit world/level design made the game booting as shit for me
>>
>>319469671
well the character controls are an improvement from DaS1
B U T
>no real sense of progression, you can go from the hub to 3 different points at level 1 with no real consequences because two of them circle you back into the hub
>das1 had fun combat because you had to outsmart the enemy by knowing what he's gonna do next, while here you get that one asshole in no man's wharf with the same windup animation for 4 different attacks
>worldbuilding is bad, le time is le convoluted
>the level design is awful and the location of phantoms has no ties with the boss you're about to encounter and are there randomly
>there are bosses at every corner, and bullshit like "this boss is just ornstein from the last game, also he leads you to nowhere of interest"
>if you want to play online, the soul memory system is completely fucked

tl;dr if you enjoyed the things that made DaS1 great you're gonna find that it threw them all out the window and made it "lolsohard"
>>
>>319469671
It's a great game, you should buy it.
>>
Everything sucks, but now you can roll in more directions.
>>
It's dogshit. Most of the remaster work was put into placing more enemies all over the game world.
Bosses are still fucking wimps.
>>
bumpersadadw
>>
>>319469671
I thought that people was just exaggerating, but its actually pretty bad. your money though
>>
It's difficult for the wrong reasons and will make you angry for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>319469671
The souls fanbase are tied for worst fanbase next to undertalefags.

Do you really want to play their game?
The people who started the whole "git gud" cancer across the internet?
The people who constantly fight amonst themselves over their favorite souls titles
Do you really want to?
>>
>>319469671
If you already played DS2 and the expansions, it's not worth it. If you haven't, it definitely is.

>>319471748
There are LESS enemies in every level besides Heide's and Forest of Fallen Giants.
>>
If it's full price, dont get it. If it's cheap, get it.
>>
>>319469671
Someone dump those Dark Souls 2 webms
>>
>>319469671
I have never had more fun playing a game than DS II
>>
>>319469671
Buy it if you want to, but if you've played Dark Souls 1 you are going to be disappointed in how mediocre it is in comparison.
>>
File: flare up the vaati signal.jpg (101 KB, 700x739) Image search: [Google]
flare up the vaati signal.jpg
101 KB, 700x739
>>
It is not fun
>>
>>319474991
Why would a fanbase affect the quality of a game?
>>
>>319469671
Because you havnt finished fallout 4 yet, anon-kun :3
>>
OP, I've had more fun playing DaS 2 then DaS 1 for the simple fact that there's much more variety in weapons/combat. Not to mention the ability to change builds with that one item and the ability to join a person's world after they've beaten a boss with the small white soapstone.
>>
File: das.jpg (55 KB, 453x371) Image search: [Google]
das.jpg
55 KB, 453x371
>>319480253
My play time.
>>
>>319469671
It's an alright game just not as good as the others in its series.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.