[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, I want your opinion on this game. 1. Is it truly one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 21
/v/, I want your opinion on this game.

1. Is it truly one of the greatest games of all time?
2. What did it do right that other WRPG's aren't doing now?
3. Why isn't this ranked highly more often on mainstream "greatest games of all time" lists?
>>
Cause it's a PC game
>>
A bomb's a bad choice for close range combat.
>>
>>319466364
A bomb, huh?
>>
>>319465762
yes
practically everything aside from graphics
because casuals and normalfags haven't played it
>>
1. I fucking love it, and in certain areas I don't think many games since have matched it. The worst you can say about it is that it's dated, and you have to be a huge faggot to care about that.

2. Meaningful choice and freedom in the context of a linear game. Are you going to blindly follow your objectives and be surprised by plot twists, or are you going to investigate further and start to uncover conspiracies before they bite you in the ass? Two informants are giving you conflicting information, which one should you trust? Levels are massive and often have multiple completely different ways to reach objectives. The game is completely designed around a "problems, not puzzles" philosophy that encourages you to find your own approach.

3. I don't know, people suck? It only sold a million copies or so? It didn't have a sequel for years? It's only on PC? (Only functional on PC, at least, I think there's a port)
>>
>>319465762
1. Yes
2. Freedom to approach your objective any way you want while still constraining it into a reasonable story. This is something that no other game I can think of has managed.
3. Is is not?
>>
>>319465762

1. Yes
>high level of interactivity
>great level design
>multiple options for exploring environments
>exploration and character building elements feel rewarding
>awesome music
>fun conspiracy story... it's interesting without being melodramatic, pretentious, or heavy-handed
3. Normalfags hate that the graphics are outdated, that the levels aren't straight lines, and that they need to use a menu to improve their proficiency with weapons.
>>
>>319465762
>3
Most lists of "greatest PC games of all time" have it pretty high up, usually top-10. If you downgrade to just general games of course console babbys are going to not get it.
>>
File: 1448918184140.gif (143 KB, 325x229) Image search: [Google]
1448918184140.gif
143 KB, 325x229
1. yes

2. >actual impact from playing lethal/non-lethal. >"player freedom"
>a game that is actually meant to be played on pc and not a lazy port
>interesting plot and characters
>no gimmicky bullshit
>immersive atmosphere
>A good variety of weapons/gadgets
>ability to solve missions in multiple interesting ways
just to name a few

3. Its not really as accessible/well-known to the masses as opposed to games like OoT and Bioshock.
>>
Its one of the most influential PC games for sure, but greatest of all time? Nah, it doesn't even break the top 30. This is mostly due to the game having a few really significant flaws.

Firstly, the combat honestly sucks, you can't really deny this.While the writing is incredible, the voice acting is laughably bad, especially the Chinese and French accents. Most of the areas are very well designed, but there is some lack of polish; consider the MSPaint street signs in Hong Kong or, well, every area after Paris. The game is a few hours longer than it should be and the last areas are not very interesting. I remember thinking "Fighting MiBs under Area 51... I've got to be close to the boss" only to realize theres 2 hours left to go and very little ammo.

tl;dr Does some things amazingly, but a flawed game which will keep it cult classic status forever
>>
>>319470490
by that logic, is MGS1 a better game

>Incredible voice acting
>Good soundtrack
>Good writing and memorable characters (before Kojima went off the deep end)
>Great level design

MGS1>Deus Ex?
>>
I'm actually starting Deus Ex for the first time. Should I play lethal, non-lethal, or a mixture of both? What are the advantages of each?
>>
>>319471047
a mixture, honestly. dont be afraid to play lethal if you feel like you should, morally
>>
>>319471047
After the first mission the game never acknowledges how murdery you are, it's just personal preference.
>>
>>319471047
depends on how you want to play the game

Honestly the combat sucks ass so just go non lethal aka stick with the fucking prod

Here's some shit you should know about the game
>If you think "What if I do this?" You can probably do it
>Don't put any points into swimming or environmental training (i think that's it)
>There's more than one way to enter an area/complete the mission
>>
File: 1291521563904.jpg (130 KB, 700x1059) Image search: [Google]
1291521563904.jpg
130 KB, 700x1059
It's a more linear version of an Elder Scrolls game with a better-crafted world. Same perks, same flaws. While I personally love the Elder Scrolls games, I don't think any of the games in the series are objectively good. They're appealing because they're fun to break and the cycle of looting items and upgrading stats is addicting.
>>
File: 1446660726817.jpg (62 KB, 509x509) Image search: [Google]
1446660726817.jpg
62 KB, 509x509
>>319471047
also remember you can kill pretty much anyone at any time
>>
>1. Is it truly one of the greatest games of all time?
No. Enemies are blind just that make the game terrible.
>>
Who /gave up on nonlethal after fighting the Commandos/ here?
>>
>>319465762

Its the pinnacle of vidya that has yet to be surpassed.

its in the top ranks of any list ive seen
>>
>>319471047
It doesn't matter, since you don't get anything special for being nonlethal, and most enemies you can just run past.
Also you get a melee weapon midway through the game that lets you one hit kill almost anyone
>>
>>319471681
once I got to Versalife I said fuck this and went full nuclear
>>
Who ran past Walter Simons boss fight here?
>>
>>319471047

Play like you feel, a mixture is probably the easiest way and also the most fun. Save the non-lethal for another playthrough.
>>
>>319471047
Do whatever the fuck you want. Keep in mind that this game was made before every game had to shoehorn some kind of morality system into their game, so it doesn't bother rewarding you with achievements or special abilities or whatever for choosing one way or the other. It's only the characters in the game who care.

As for fun, they're both the same. Blowing up everyone with rockets and turning attack robots on their masters is fun as fuck. Throwing gas grenades and beating people unconscious with a police baton is fun as fuck. Not that there isn't a great non-lethal ranged weapon, though. Unless I'm forgetting something all you've got for that is tranquilizer crossbow darts, and they're a little tricky to use.
>>
>>319471212
>>319471341
>>319471467
>>319471607
Thanks guys. I have noted all of your advice.
>>
https://www.dx-revision.com/#about
>>
>>319472040

One last thing: You might hate Liberty Island on your first playthrough, but stick with the game until Hell's Kitchen.
>>
>>319472040
game starts off slow but keep playing til you get to Hong Kong and I'm 99% sure you'll want to keep playing if you're on the fence for whatever reason
>>
File: 1381786416893.jpg (10 KB, 257x247) Image search: [Google]
1381786416893.jpg
10 KB, 257x247
>>319471681
Just gotta prod 'em in the back, dawg. You'll be rolling in bio-electric cells.

>>319471546
>mfw you compare DE to Elder Scrolls
How the fuck are they in any way similar?
>>
>>319465762
3. It was ugly and had very poor AI even for its time. It sucked as a shooter, and its shitty stealth system had the unfortunate honour to get compared to the revolutionary Thief which came out a year earlier.

Higher difficulties make you die instantly to headshots, and pistols - the default weapon of starting enemies - are very good for headshots, so combat difficulty is actually the greatest early on when you have low skills, no augs, no good gear, and are still getting comfortable with the playstyle. The game sucked rancid ass for anyone who didn't have the patience to get to Hong Kong.

While the plot is silly, to get all the themes as references back then you had to have had rather good education. For most, it probably came off as a dumb spy thriller trying to sound cerebral rather than being a game that made some chillingly accurate predictions about where politics, economy and culture are going to go. As for why it isn't highly ranked NOW, well, look at what kind of games get high rankings.
>>
>>319472001
>note* that there isn't a great non-lethal ranged weapon
>>
>>319472158
Oh I don't have any intention of stopping. I played a little liberty island last night but I forgot to save as soon as I started the game. I got shot in the face and died, so I'm restarting as soon as I have plenty of spare time. I always forgot to manually save with older games.
>>
>>319471681
i gave up on it way before that
got tired of guards turning around at the last second when im trying to sneak up on them
>>
>>319472040

Also most important: all points into swimming
>>
https://www.dx-revision.com/#about

SERIOUSLY CHECK THIS OUT
>>
>>319472582
In my first playthrough i tried the darts, jesus christ you need 4 of them to take down someone, it's fucking trash.

Thanks god HR came and saved the franchise.
>>
>>319472629
Yes, anon, we all had threads about Deus Ex: Fanfiction Edition when it came out. Everyone knows it exists.
>>
>>319470978
>MGS1>Deus Ex
fuck no, and this is coming from someone who loves both games
>>
>>319470490
>he voice acting is laughably bad

i actually liked that for jc, it makes him sound like he believes is surrounded by idiots but is forced to deal with them anyway
>>
>>319472629
Yes, anon, we all had threads about Deus Ex: Fanfiction Edition when it came out. Everyone knows it exists.
>>
>>319472629
it's shit
>changed the intro and music
>>
>>319465762
1. Yes
2. Character development, I suppose. And multiples solutions to different problems
3. Because normies
>>
File: Revision 2015-11-29 00-57-36-23.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Revision 2015-11-29 00-57-36-23.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
What do you guys think of Revision?

>>319472348

1st person RPGs where you can choose between stealth or all-out attacking. There's in-game text to read, houses and shops to break into, and dead bodies to loot and drag around. The voice acting is so bad it's hilarious.
>>
>>319473067

The new music is optional.
>>
>>319473120
I like it.
>>
>>319465762

Most definitely. It holds up today better than it did when it came out, because playing it makes you realize how fucking limited other games are.

2. What did it do right that other WRPG's aren't doing now?

Options and freedom. Not necessarily in story (like current WRPGs are obsessed with), but in how you play the game. To open a door, you can lock pick it, find the keys on a guard, hack a computer to get it open, find a way around, or just blow it up with a GEP gun.

3. Why isn't this ranked highly more often on mainstream "greatest games of all time" lists?

Because it's too old to be mainstream and new, but not old enough to be "retro"

It's from the awkward age of early 3D graphics, but since it's not a cute platformer and went for some realism (but still had an art style), it just looks bad.
>>
>>319473120

Great except for the shit performance. EVERY SINGLE surface in the game is tessellated to improve the lighting from your flashlight/Dragon's Tooth, so a simple box is made of hundreds of polygons. Crysis runs better on my computer than Revision.
>>
>>319471047
non lethal allows you to not bother with ammo and weapons so you have more inventory space and skill points for other shit, however some spots are really stealth unfriendly

lethal just makes enemies irrilevant once you master a weapon skill

crossbow is a shit weapon but works wonders to make noise somewhere else to make people turn away from where you intend to walk without being seen or fuck off to investigate the noise

pick gep gun at the beginning, you can find the rifle and crossbow in the same level and gep is great to open doors/containers when you're low on lockpicks
>>
>>319473120
>Revision

With the exception of Catacombs, Hong Kong and Ocean Lab changes and all the shitty INF doors and keypads only meant for show, its pretty damn good.
>>
>>319473120
ok if you know the original maps to heart and want something new
>>
>>319465762

What everyone else was basically saying. Plus for 2,

>attention to detail

DX accounted for alternate approaches and results of those approaches, but it also accounted for an awful lot of strange case incidents that wouldn't be at all obvious.

Going out of your way in hell's kitchen to keep all allies in the firefight alive is a good example. There's no objective to do this. Noone tells you through dialogue that this might be a good thing for you to make happen. And it's tricky to pull off, to the point that most people probably assume "jones" getting got is just what happens in the script every time. But it's not - the game lets you affect it.

There's tons of little things like that, from actionable events, to foreshadowing of shit happening in NPC remarks, weird ways to get around and access areas in ways that could be considered "sequence breaking", etc.
>>
>>319473120
dont really understand the purpose of it
some new textures, and some changed level designs. is that all? cause for a "revision" it doesnt really seem like much was revised
>>
1. yes
2. the number of ways to complete missions. The game made you feel bad if you played it like a generic kill every enemy FPS
3. Is it not normally put on lists? I always see it
>>
Deus Ex? More like Deuce Sex, because this game is fucking shit.
>>
>>319474109
ayy
>>
>>319474109
does anyone still have that pasta
>>
>>319472040
I'll add some.

Get one rank in swimming, it will let you use some paths without drowning, and it makes swimming speed somewhat acceptable.

When the game says 'nonlethal' what it means is 'reasonable force'. You are a cop, not a god; you've got a right to fight back when attacked or preemptively eliminate assholes with flamethrowers and sniper rifles and no one will chew you out for it. There is a bug, though, in your first real mission. There are some enemies in a courtyard, and if any of them dies, no matter what caused it, the game will flag it like you massacred everyone on the whole level. So make sure to quicksave before entering.

While most weapons are perfectly viable, for your first run specialize in rifles. Seriously. Silenced sniper rifle and the versatile shotgun will save you so much pain. Pistols are weak, heavy weapons are shit (except for the GEP gun, which is situational) and low tech requires a very specific build. Carry the crossbow, the prod, the baton and the stealth pistol, they have their uses, but spec in the rifles.

When picking your arm augs, get the one for lifting heavy objects.
>>
>>319473947
True, I'd rather prefer another TNM style creation, than just gingerly upgrading some visuals, too afraid to change it too much.

Thank goodness it comes with the Biomod though, so that makes gameplay quite more fun than vanilla.
>>
>>319465762
Yes

It ties together narrative and gameplay better than most and leaves both up to the player rather than beating them over the head .with its own dogma.

It's an old game with more than 10 buttons to press, so most people start it up play 2 minutes into liberty island and uninstall because it hasn't aged well.
>>
>>319465762
>>1. Is it truly one of the greatest games of all time?
Perhaps. For it's time it was amazing. Unfortunately, it has aged like fine milk.

>2. What did it do right that other WRPG's aren't doing now?
Gave players a huge amount of choice in how they tackled the objectives.

>3. Why isn't this ranked highly more often on mainstream "greatest games of all time" lists?
Because it has aged like milk. Also combat was nothing exceptional.
>>
>>319473120
Wanted to play it but my toaster couldn't handle it
[SADFACE]
>>
I hope DXMD will be good
>>
>>319474268
>Pistols are weak

What?

Master rank in pistols + stealth pistols + scope = awesome sniper rifle that kiss anything in one headshot.
>>
>>319472784
One dart will take out everyone who isn't a MiB or a cyborg commando. Darts do poison DoT. Headshots deal enough initial damage to put basic mooks in panic mode, but it still takes several seconds to work.
>>
>>319469636
What is this pic from ?
>>
>>319474823
>kiss anything
Lewd.
>>
meme game
>>
>it's a deus ex thread
shit, I don't have the time to play it ;_;
>>
>>319474924
Google is your friend, Anon. It's Eitr.
>>
>>319473239
thank god
but why the fuck would you want to change it?
>>
1. No, it's quite mediocre
2. Not much
3. No fucking clue. The chinese music was catchy
>>
>>319474245

Deus Ex? More like Deuce Sex, because this game is fucking shit.

I start the game, and some old guys are talking about some boring shit. Something about a plague, I guess. The only cool part was when they were talking about me being a supersoldier.

My hopes were dashed as soon as the game started. Considering I'm a "nano-aug" (what the fuck does that even mean?) the fact that I die in a handful of pistol shots is shitty.

Guns and melee in this game are both broken. It takes forever to line up a shot and bullets do laughable damage.

I couldn't even bear to finish playing the first level. Fuck this game, and fuck /v/ for calling this turd a great game.
>>
>>319474245
I didn't post it because the mods are such Deus Ex fanboys, they've started banning me for writing the truth.
>>
>>319475356
Dude, JC was literally born yesterday, IIRC.
>>
>>319474823
With pistol mastery, and a fully upgraded basic pistol, which cannot be silenced. Sniper rifle starts out with better stats than any pistol can have, kills every enemy type sans men in black in one headshot, can be silenced, has more range, and at master skill level can be used to destroy cameras and alarm panels. Pistols are viable, but suck ass compared to rifles and aren't significantly cheaper to get skilled at.
>>
>>319474579
Is there any way it couldn't? I have high hopes now that they've delayed the game. It's kinda sad that nowadays I'm happier when a game is delayed because I know they'll revise some shit instead of releasing an incomplete game.
>>
File: 1399060360557.jpg (13 KB, 159x162) Image search: [Google]
1399060360557.jpg
13 KB, 159x162
>>319475494
>>
File: 1419558590441.jpg (246 KB, 1280x1238) Image search: [Google]
1419558590441.jpg
246 KB, 1280x1238
>>319465762
1. Yes
2. It's not a WRPG, but every single bad part of Deus Ex is overshadowed by the amazing level design througout the whole game, that not only creates places that feel real but are also incredibly good to play in
3. Who cares where it's ranked? I learned about it from even being on one of those lists and it was great.
>>
File: DeusEx 2015-04-21 02-02-51-82.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DeusEx 2015-04-21 02-02-51-82.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
>>319475161
>>
>>319475776
Not that guy but
>>Meme game
>Posts meme as a rebuttal
>>
File: 1411928495921.png (354 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
1411928495921.png
354 KB, 760x572
>>319475776
>>
>>319475776
you have screenshots saved of it for use as reaction images
>>
>>319476051
But that meme came after the game. Quite recently in fact, atleast compared to when the game came out. Isn't a meme game a game that uses established memes?
>>
File: DeusEx 2015-04-21 02-01-46-70.jpg (76 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DeusEx 2015-04-21 02-01-46-70.jpg
76 KB, 1920x1080
>>319476092
>>
Should I go stealth or with guns blazing?
>>
>>319476215
My understanding is that meme games are games that have any humor that anon doesn't like.
>>
>>319476641
Mix both

Get the dragon's tooth and slaughter everyone when you get caught
>>
>>319465762
1. yes
2. gameplay freedom, no hand holding, no set piece trash

>caring about top X clickbait lists
>>
>>319476620
>more rxn images

M E M E
E
M
E

G A M E
A
M
E
>>
>>319476684
So you hust hate on a game because it ain't your cup of piss?

Weird.
>>
>>319477059
I don't, but the other guy does.
>>
File: Dts.jpg (229 KB, 1249x317) Image search: [Google]
Dts.jpg
229 KB, 1249x317
You are hearing the sound manually.
>>
>>319477162
I'm hearing the laser rapier from SS2
>>
>>319477162
I've almost never used it in a dozen+ walkthoughts done in 15 years.

Sounds from Deus Ex that I really remember are "ugh! ugh! ugh! ugh" from being poisoned by a crossbow or gas and a death cry.
>>
File: dxceiling3.jpg (266 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
dxceiling3.jpg
266 KB, 1680x1050
Which game had the better OST?

DX OR HR?
>>
>>319465762
1. Yes.
2. Properly balanced between providing narrative, environmental storytelling, and freedom in exploration and gameplay. Put content before grafix. Provided a tone and themes which were largely absent from the medium at the time of release. Experimented with novel gameplay elements.
3. I don't know, I feel like it's *very* often ranked highly on GOAT lists. Possibly more than it deserves.
>>
>>319465762
Yes, it still holds up against many other games when you play it today.
>2. What did it do right that other WRPG's aren't doing now?
Gives you actual freedom in how to complete missions and objectives, and most of the dialogue, story and character reactions towards you aren't affected by dialogue but by the way you play the game.
>3. Why isn't this ranked highly more often on mainstream "greatest games of all time" lists?
Because despite being one of the most influential PC games (And games in general), It's a rather niche title compared to the likes of Zelda or Final Fantasy.
>>
>>319473618
Just started playing Revision earlier today, that would explain why it got slightly stuttery at parts. Only slightly and rarely, mind, but that it happened at all with even modded Deus Ex was concerning.

I managed to go pacifist through Liberty Island, any advice for keeping that up?
>>
>>319477901
DX no contest
hong kong synapse is fucking god tier
>>
>>319477986
quicksave a lot. Going to be near impossible to stay pacifist once you get to versalife/Ocean labs
>>
>>319473120

It's shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5AkDOTT6Q
>>
>>319477901
HR had a lot less awesome themes.
>>
>>319478097
>hk streets
>mj12 labs
>duclare chateau
>area 51

hell, the whole soundtrack really
>>
File: DeusEx 2015-04-21 22-21-52-68.jpg (60 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DeusEx 2015-04-21 22-21-52-68.jpg
60 KB, 1920x1080
>>319477056
>>
>>319478771
>UNATCO?
>>
>>319478176
Where can I get some decent graphics mods that don't fuck up the gameplay?
>>
>>319478791
Where?
>>
>>319478986

HSTP + Deus Ex New Vision.
>>
File: 1449619687724.jpg (261 KB, 700x1059) Image search: [Google]
1449619687724.jpg
261 KB, 700x1059
>>319471681
Most of them I prodded. Really the only people I killed were those who irritated me. IN DA FRESH, for instance.

>>319471546
I know what it's supposed to be and I still can't see it.
>>
>>319479252

*HDTP
>>
File: DeusEx 2015-04-21 01-47-23-30.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DeusEx 2015-04-21 01-47-23-30.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>319479103
>>
>>319478176
This is what people pretend the original is like.
>>
>>319479252
>>319479372
Thanks
>>
>>319477901
I downloaded the Deus Ex music to listen to. I sure as hell didn't download HR's.
>>
File: 1449619687724.jpg (217 KB, 700x1059) Image search: [Google]
1449619687724.jpg
217 KB, 700x1059
>>319479302

You fucked up his whiskers. I have no idea how the nose is supposed to work.
>>
>>319478176
Jesus Christ how bad could you be at Deus Ex?
>>
>>319477901
DX had more memorable tracks but HR music served its intended purpose more consistently.

HR also had quite a bit more music than DX, so while I'd put only about a third of in on a playlist it would still beat DX numerically. Sarif HQ music, DTPD infiltration, FEMA facility, Hengsha, the Pangu and Ding Dong Medical, Picus, Hengsha docks, Omega ranch, all had at least one great track.
>>
>>319480607
did you not notice how they 1 shot him with handguns?
the AI in revision has fucking aimbots
>>
>tfw killed both spoiler characters in the airplane
What happens now?
>>
>>319480687
You can die in one shot on realistic difficulty of the original as well. Even with handguns.
>>
>>319465762
It is literally the best game ever made. Shitters who disagree obviously have no idea that opinions are subjective . However one gripe I do have is everyone whinges that the first level is bland or boring or stupid.

There is ridiculous amounts of content in that first level and it varies so hard based on how you choose to play the game. Did you linear shooter babbies know;

you can open every box/door with the TNT available on the map (whilst also taking out the shitcurity bot)

you can get the sawn-off from the sunken barge near Harley Filben

there are 2 medical bots hidden in boxes on the map

it _is_ possible to stealth the entire map with no kills/knockouts

I don't understand how you can be dissatisfied with the level to be honest. I guess it does go a bit long in comparison to say Battery Park which in my opinion is the weaker map.
>>
>>319480618
>ding dong medical
kek

Honestly though
Penthouse and Detroit Marketplace >>Entire DX OST

But I agree the DX soundtrack had more tracks I liked, but HR had higher peaks
>>
>>319480786
keep playing and find out
>>
>>319480793
The autoaim wasn't that bad though senpai. I just played through original and granted the snipers are a bit crazy with their headlock but nothing as bad as this video.
>>
>>319480919
I already played through it a long time ago, no need to spoiler me so much
>>
>>319480793
yeah except look at the AI's reaction time and accuracy, shit is ridiculous he doesn't even get a chance

he already beat the game on realistic as he stated in his review so it's not his skill
>>
>>319481017
You lose on some banter with Anna and her boss fight, Manderley will be pissed, Alex will be shocked but cover your ass.
>>
>>319465762
1. No
2. Actual choices in gameplay
3. Its outdated mechanics are seen as clunky by the new generation
>>
Yes. I play Deus Ex at least once a year since it first came out and almost every time I learn something new or do something different and it feels like I played an entirely different game.

Choices and actions have consequence and there is no real bad way to play the game. In a lot of RPGs, you can kill a whole village and nobody in the game seems to give a shit and there are only a few character builds that would make the game playable. Legend of Grimrock comes to mind, while it's a fantastic game (Intended to be a throwback to old school RPGs), if you didn't get a party right, you pretty much had to re-roll a whole new party and start the game from the beginning. Granted Deus Ex's RPG mechanics are simple, it works very well and bars you from doing certain things so you have to look for different ways to progress utilizing the skills you've invested in, sure it leads to the same destination every time, but still.

Also there is no need to rank it higher in mainstream "greatest games of all time", because people that make those lists already know it's the greatest game of all time, so they have to give other games a chance... Either that or they are still sucking Nintendo dick.
>>
File: 0 Skyline1.jpg (33 KB, 900x205) Image search: [Google]
0 Skyline1.jpg
33 KB, 900x205
Did anyone else not buy their excuse of "limited memory" as to why the twin towers are missing in the skyline?
>>
>>319465762
Just finished playing Human Revolution and now I wanna get my hands on this game. I need to know more about the Deus Ex lore.
>>
>>319487548
>MUH CONSPIRACY
>>
>>319487548

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>319488021
>>319488217

Hit a nerve Mr. Shekelstein?
>>
time to buy this on Steam.
>>
File: Bob Paige.png (245 KB, 288x391) Image search: [Google]
Bob Paige.png
245 KB, 288x391
>>319471047
nonlethal is literally pointless.

Kektier playthrough.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.