[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone played this? I enjoyed Alien Swarm and Kill Team but that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Anyone played this? I enjoyed Alien Swarm and Kill Team but that was a few years back.
>>
>>319458679
Haven't played it but it's apparently the same people who did Magicka, meaning killing your teammates on accident is probably central to gameplay. Plan on getting it to play with my girlfriend.
>>
>>319458679
Yeah, it's pretty good. Camera forces all players in frame at all times, which is super annoying coming from alien swarm, though.
Missions can get a little repetitive, but it's pretty good fun. A little grindy, but not as bad as I was expecting. DLC can be a little P2W until you unlock some of the normal gear.
>>
>>319458808
There's friendly fire, but the tone is near complete polar opposite to magicka.
Kill a friend in magicka, lol, press three buttons, they're back. In this, they're back in ten seconds after like six keypresses, and then you can't respawn anyone for another full minute. Meanwhile cyborgs are pushing your ass in. It's WAY more serious than magicka.
>>
>>319459062
Didn't seem very serious from teh trailer. Seemed like a retarded starship trooper homage. As for the revival delay, that's good, gives you time to dwell on murdering your team mate.
>>
>>319459423
The tone is absolutely a retarded starship troopers homage. The gameplay, though, is orders of magnitude more intense and challenging than magicka.
I mean, unless you just stick to the lowest three difficulty levels.
Generally, if you're murdering your teammates, the only thing you'll have time to dwell on is getting ganked to death.
Easy planets still have room for some goofy though, I guess.
>>
I really like the game, it gives a sense of danger when shit is hitting the fan and you have to dodge enemies and friendlies. The coop missions are alright and map generating works well. Also the community effort is a nice little addition that they mimiced from Dead Nation.

My only gripe with the game are the goddamn DLC unlocks. They are so P2W it's incredible. I was rolling with a team who had the tank and anti-tank exo and we completed suicide missions with ease. I was so disappointed when the fear for your survival ceased to exist and all that was left was just an endless grind. Got shitloads of exp though, so there was that.

It was just so fun doing last stand-ish shit when waiting for the nuclear bomb to deploy and you are killing bugs left and right. When the bomb lands, arm it quickly and you have a few seconds to get to safety. HEROIC ESCAPE
>>
OP here, thanks for the input. Will definitely consider it but...

15 DLC packs? The game looks fun, but I don't wanna encourage that kind of business model.
>>
>>319461332
Feel free to ignore them, the game is perfectly playable without the DLC. Some of the DLC gear is arguably overpowered, but if you're playing with friends who don't have the DLC, you won't care, and if they do have it, a lot of the DLC gear is call-in equipment that you can share around, so no worries there unless they just want to hog it and power trip, in which case get better friends.
>>
>>319458679
I heard you could pirate it and play it on steam anyone know how? I have no problem buying it but my friends are poor as the average nigger.
>>
>>319461332
80% of the DLC content is literal trash, 10% is costumes, 5% is fun toys, 5% is actual gear and equipment that is either better versions of things you have or things you don't get at all.

Both of the DLC mechs are literal trash if it's any consolation. The one you get normally is better.
>>
>>319458679

does this game have lan?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.