[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stealth games thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: stealthgames.jpg (2 MB, 1846x5316) Image search: [Google]
stealthgames.jpg
2 MB, 1846x5316
How should this chart be updated?
What were the best games in recent years?
Why did so many people underrate Styx for bringing old school gameplay without flashy bullshit?
Where should MGS V be placed?
What are the chances of new Hitman being good?
Now that Death to spies III is kill, will they be able to deliver with Alekhine’s Gun?
>>
>>319457876
Silent Assassin had the best missions. It would be better than Blood Money if all its AI and control issues were removed.
>>
>>319457876
DE:HR is a terrible stealth game. Swapping from cover to cover down a convenient, linear path of desks isn't stealth.
>>
>>319457876
Assassins Creed
>"Stealth Game"
>Does not have any stealth mechanics
>Stealth killing your target is impossible
>>
>>319458145
But those Japan missions
>>
>>319458417
Yeah, but it was less popular and less well-liked than Assassin's Creed II, so that means I have to put it higher on a /v/ tier list for e-peen points.
>>
>>319458417
First two games tried to be at least

>>319458519
II is better in almost every way, but it was easier than I
>>
>>319458426
>4 Japan missions
>1st is mediocre
>2nd and 3rd are unequivocally some of the worst missions in video game history
>4th is absolutely amazing

I'd say it pays off.
>>
>>319458602
It was easier than 1, but only because 1 had some really stupid design choices. Auto-alerting every guard because you were walking too fast is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>319457876
I only played commandos 3 but if 2 is anything like tat, it'S more of an adventure games disguised as an RTS. Because there is only ever 1 thing you can do and everything else will get you killed.
>>
None of the MGS games have decent stealth.
>>
The NOLF games are weird. They make it seem like you can stealth your way through the missions, and give you stealthy gadgets and shit, but then every mission immediately turns into a firefight anyway.
>>
>>319459158
It's real time tactics series with heavy stealth elements
The 3rd game was casualised while the first 2 are notoriously hard
>>
>>319457876
This list is so shit

WHY THE FUCK PEOPLE WHO HAVENT PLAYED A SIZABLE AMOUNT OF GAMES MAKE LISTS?

fuck
>>
>>319460037
Good counter argument
I played all these games
>>
>>319460356
No you fucking didnt you nigger

I did play most of those games and know for a fact nobody who also played them could have come up with such a shit list
>>
>>319460753
Then you just have shit taste
>>
>>319461234
shit taste my ass

What game were you paid to advertise? or are you doing market research to see which shit AAA/modern games users lower down from the higher tiers?

either way kill yourself
>>
>>319457876
Thief 1 = Thief 2
>>
>MGS2 below MGS3

MGS2 should be at least equal to MGS3 considering the vr missions.

Those missions can get much more intense than anything in MGS3.
>>
>>319457876
Manhunt 2 is a shame
It destroyed the mh1 legacy
>>
>>319461854
only because rockstar had to change up the gameplay so they can release it on consoles
>>
>>319457876

>MGS3 above MGS2

>crawling and menus = gameplay improvements

????
>>
Gen 7 Double Agent is just as good as Gen 6, save for the Kinshasa missions. So probably same tier or the one right below it.
>>
>>319461930
It is a ok game imo
Still their worst effort and game
>>
>>319457876
>mixing stealth action with proper stealth games
>>
File: InvisibleInc-1920x1080.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
InvisibleInc-1920x1080.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Best Stealth game I've played.
>>
>>319457876
mgs was always shit
>>
>>319457876
Hitman: Absolution should be moved up to at least decent
>>
File: 1443332464489.gif (1 MB, 370x288) Image search: [Google]
1443332464489.gif
1 MB, 370x288
>playing through Thief: Gold for the first time
>decide to play on expert

I wasn't prepared for how long the levels would be and how thoroughly I would have to look through each level to meet the objectives. I seriously had to take a fucking month long break halfway through the Thieves' Guild mission because it was so god damn big and I couldn't figure out where to go.
>>
Are these being listed in terms of quality overall as a game, or based on stealth mechanics alone? Because I just finished Deus Ex (original) and if we're strictly speaking stealth, it's laughable to have it that high. Dishonored is much better in the stealth department. I recently finished MGS2, and it shits me that MGS1 and MGS2 are considered "stealth" games in the same sense that Thief and Chaos Theory are stealth games. They just aren't. "Tactical Espionage", sure. There is a focus on stealthy aspects. But the stealth mechanics themselves aren't fantastic, nor often the focus. It's more about gadgets and set pieces.

Trigger/10. Would reeeee again.
>>
Shadow of Mordor should be on that sort of list, and somewhere relatively high up. Good tier at least, if AC is decent tier.
>>
>>319457876
Top is OK, thief tdp needs to be moved up their though.

Dishonored and absolution are decent at least.

The AC games are not stealth games.

MGSV:TPP goes into babby tier since it barely fucking qualifies as a stealth game with Quiet, the open world, and all the other shit. Only the subsistence missions were anything that could be called stealth.

MGSV:GZ goes into good tier though. The level was actually designed for stealth, you couldn't really shoot your way through it like you could TPP, and the majority of what you did was actually sneaking.
>>
>>319458145
I liked contracts the most. Blood money felt too funhousey and colorful.
>>
>>319457876
> MGS 123 not in top tier
> SPlinter Cell 1 and Tenchu in great tier
> First and Third DX only in good tier
> Tenchu 2&3 only in decent when 1 is in great
> Dishonored and MGS 4 in babby

This chart litteraly sucks
>>
File: Phantom_Blunt.png (256 KB, 411x495) Image search: [Google]
Phantom_Blunt.png
256 KB, 411x495
>>319457876
>MGS 3
>Great tier
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>319459403
You can dislike anything you want in the mgs series, but they have the best and well done stealth and level design of all stealth games
>>
>>319457876
>Deus Ex: HR in good tier but Dishonored in shit tier

The stealth in those two games is practically the same, anon.
>>
>>319462117

I prefer 2 over 3 by a mile, but you do not need to do crawling and menuing in 3. That is optional. Low camo index is not a big deal when you learn to simply take out enemies from afar. Aiming is really lenient.
>>
>>319457876

>Deus Ex
>Good tier
>Deus Ex: HR, also good tier
>>
File: Reika.png (209 KB, 836x1301) Image search: [Google]
Reika.png
209 KB, 836x1301
Is Deus Ex: HR any good? I like cyberpunk media and stealth games.
>>
>>319464370
No they don't.
>>
>Deus Ex
>good stealth game
lol fuck no
>>
>>319464834

I enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>319464014
Contracts felt too edge.

Or from an objective point of view, this meant that every mission was the same night-time depressing fucked up environment. Not saying there isn't diversity, but every environment has the same vibe, even if they're continents apart.

But yeah Blood Money felt too cartoony, rather than too colourful per se. It was all the little things like the goofy character models or cheesy voice acting.

Silent Assassin though felt serious as fuck right from the menu screen with the picture of the best design of 47 yet. And sort of like a James Bond movie it takes you across diverse areas across the world from the Middle East to Russia. The music has an Orchestral Opera vibe to it too. Some of Jeremy Soule's best early works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZzK_mI3WvA
>>
>>319457876
Dishonored's not bad. It's easy, but enjoyable.
>>
>>319464834
It's very good, just get the directors cut or the boss fights are horseshit cuz they were contracted out.
>>
File: Hitman_2.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hitman_2.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>319465925
>the menu screen with the picture of the best design of 47 yet
This one?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.