[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Singleplayer RPG that plays like MMO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: 651.jpg (200 KB, 1600x813) Image search: [Google]
651.jpg
200 KB, 1600x813
I want the holy trinity, I want talent/ability progression, I want gear acquisition. What are good party RPGs like that?
>>
that one final fantasy game was pretty good for it. 11? maybe? I can't remember.
>>
>>319449386
>Singleplayer RPG that plays like MMO
>good

sorry family, there are no good single player mmos.
>>
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning plays like a single player MMO.
>>
Are you mad
>>
Xenoblade
>>
World of Warcraft.
>>
>>319449386
host a WoW LAN server and play by yourself
>>
>>319449386
Kingdoms of amalur
>>
Guild Wars phamily
>>
>>319449509
12 is the one you're talking about.

>>319449537
FF XII
Warhammer 40k Dawn Of War II and Chaos Rising
Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne's Orc Campaign
>>
>>319449386

Well Dragon Age Origins has the holy trinity, but isn't as expansive as an MMO.

Older CRPGs have a somewhat holy trinity, but without an actual aggro system tanking becomes a hit-or-miss process.
>>
>>319449386
Final Fantasy 12 on PS2
.hack//G.U. series on PS2
>>
>>319449386
xenoblade
final fantasy 12
kingdoms of amalur
Star wars: Old republic
>>
>>319449590
I'm still mad.
>>
>>319449689
>Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne's Orc Campaign
what the fuck am i reading?
>>
>>319449386
>>319449590
Agreed with this Anon. Has what you're after, if a bit lackluster in its gameplay. It's good enough for one or two playthroughs, I suppose.
>>
>>319449386
Final Fantasy XII is absolutely amazing and exactly the thing you are looking for .
>>
>>319449729

Hack did the holy trinity? Do I have to have played the originals to enjoy GU?
>>
FFXII
the .hack games (4 of them)
Xenoblade/Xenoblade X
>>
>>319449386
I want you to kill yourself.
>>
Aarklash: Legacy is pretty much exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>>319449590
>>319449682
Don't you only play one hero? I don't remember any party management.
>>
http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?129988-FULL-TUT-How-to-Install-amp-Play-WoW-on-*LAN*
>>
>>319449590
This game is godly, but its way too long I think. I had over 150 hours and still was halfway through because there so many sidequests but fuck me if the combat isnt one of the best in an rpg. Someone should salvage this ip
>>
>>319449386
>Singleplayer RPG that plays like MMO

What the fuck is wrong with you? Why would you mash together worst of the worst aspects?
>>
>>319449386
Dragon Age Inquisition m8
>>
>there are people on this board who geniunly enjoy MMO gameplay
jesus
>>
>>319449976
This.
>>
>>319449386
Why the fuck would you want that?
What's the point.

Dragon Age II aimed for something like that btw, so if you don't mind a God awful game, go for it.
>>
>>319449386
.hack
>>
>>319449386

Dragon Age Inquisiton is EXACTLY what you are looking for.

It is literally an offline MMORPG.
>>
eAthena local server and BOOM there you go, best MMO ever made for you to play alone
>>
>>319449815
Nope, you don't have to, they make a lot of allusions to the first quatrilogy but reading all the emails and the news when you are "offline" ,that is, the game itself plays like if you were controlling a computer, you can log off and you are in some sort of very light OS where you can visit some forums, read emails and read about news.

I would say the originals made the "MMO" inmersion better, with the combat being more mmo style, but the graphics aged horribly and the combat, being more MMO-ish, is pretty slow and simple.

G.U. probably has less content being 3 games instead of 4, but the combat and cutscenes are much better, you really feel the CC2 magic touch in the combat and cutscenes and, while I dislike naruto, if you have played the fighting games and like them, you will like G.U. for sure.
>>
How come everyone here is mad when /v/'s beloved Dragon Age: Origins plays pretty much exactly like what OP asks for?

MMO does not necessarily mean grind 10 bear asses to level up even if WoW would have you believe that.
>>
>>319449386
final fantasy 12. best option. it even has an aggro spell for tank characters
>>
Have you tried playing World of Warcraft, it's a good single player game with a lot of archaic mmo mechanics.
>>
>>319450617

Thank you very much for the detailed description. It'll be going on my backlog!
>>
>>319449769
Did you never play the Orc campaign in WC3? It was like a mix of standard WC3 with Diablo. For the most of it you have nothing but hero units and there's no base building or anything like that. Pretty obvious that it also played a big part in forming ideas for what would be World of Warcraft.
>>
>>319449953
I couldn't bother playing it past about 4 hours. The combat was okay, but nothing special. Certainly not special enough to excuse the boring, empty world and lack of compelling story. But at least it lost that faggot Curt Schilling a ton of money, so that's something.
>>
>>319450979

The story was fucking great too.
>>
>>319450979
gotta replay that sometime. don't recall that part at all
>>
>>319449386
SWTOR

It is actually an acceptable single-player experience.
>>
>>319450854
Np, by the way, I am almost sure you can't control in any .hack game any other character that isn't the protag, and I'm not exactly sure if it had some aggro system, as I said G.U. combat is more fluid, with combos and stun-locking enemies and exploiting their weaknesses and shit but is not a MMO holy trinity-aggro combat.

If you want to play a game that the COMBAT feels like a pure MMO? Probably Xenoblade or the dragon age games.

You want to play a game that FEELS like you are in a MMO by story and structure? The .hack games.

And to finish, even if G.U. is a trilogy, don't think of it like Mass Effect, the .hack and G.U. games were released with just a few months between each other, and 100%ing each game can take you between 20 and 30 hours. But if you just play the story you can finish the full trilogy in 30-45 hours.
>>
>>319451059
My feel with the game was something between you and him, the combat was good, I mean it WASN'T worse than God of War or the last Castlevania games, and while the game was a little empty you had a lot of places to go, the story I'm with you, wasn't compelling, but again, any elder scrolls or 3d fallout game story isn't more compelling than the amalur one.

But for some reason, for some fucking reason, while I can't say anything bad, not one thing that says "hey I don't mind playing that game if it didn't have that", nope, anything was pretty okay, that's it, ok.

It felt like the most fucking standard game ever, nothing bad, nothing shining, it was a fucking feat archieving that.
>>
>>319449386
Last good single player game that played like an MMO was .hack.
>>
>>319451059
I thought the combat was fun, but WAY TOO EASY. Even the hardest enemies took no effort to fight against.
>>
>>319449871
thanks looks interesting
>>
>>319450656
Dragon Age Origins plays like an old school party based CRPG, not like an MMO. Do you think Baldur's Gate 2 is a single player MMO?
>>
>>319454086
To be fair BG2 does abide by the tank/support/damage party composition but it really doesn't have many combat abilities for you to use outside of wizards (melee have none) and the gear progression isn't as crazy.
>>
I really want realm of the mad god as a single player game just edit it so it's not perma death and nerf some of the monsters healing so you can kill them solo.
>>
>>319449759
Why ?
>>
>>319451169
Yes it was. WC3 was still when Warcraft was pumping out great stories and lore.

>>319451194
Go for it. Maybe you don't remember it because it is not part of the main Frozen Throne campaign which is the Night Elves/Humans/Undead campaign and then the Orc campaign is not connected to those three at all.
>>
>>319449386
Ragnarök for DS
Shining Tears for PS2
Monster Hunter 1 for PS2
>>
Dark Souls 1
>>
Grim dawn is looking pretty good. Just came out with the final act.
>>
>>319449729
Spot on, specially the .hack//G.U. It's a game created to look like a MMORPG.
>>
>>319449590
goddamn I want another game like this, the closest I have is fable games.
so much damn fun
>>
>>319449386

1) Why the fuck would you want a single player RPG that plays like a MMO?

2) Couldn't you just play a regular MMO and like... not talk to anybody?
>>
Dungeon Siege I&II and their expansions.
>>
>>319449590
If you do this one, get the FOV fix. It's fucking unplayable without it.
>>
File: moenado.png (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
moenado.png
90 KB, 500x500
>>319449386
Xenoblade Chronicles - the original one, for the wii

Get the hd texture pack and emulate it on dolphin. It is literally exactly what you're looking for.
>>
File: star-wars-the-old-republic.jpg (2 MB, 2600x1950) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-old-republic.jpg
2 MB, 2600x1950
SWTOR
>>
>>319455764
That's the episodic mini campaign with Rexxar, right? That shit was cool as fuck.
>>
dragon age, final fantasy XII, and pretty much any western fantasy RPG
>>
dragon age inquisition
>>
>>319458542
have there been many wrpgs with party management recently?
i can only think of biowares shit
>>
Every post-wow MMO ever?
>>
>>319457191
this 2bh
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.