[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Fan Remakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Mario-Land-Fun-03sm.png (87 KB, 899x506) Image search: [Google]
Mario-Land-Fun-03sm.png
87 KB, 899x506
What are you favorite fan remakes of games? pic related remake of Super Mario Land http://badspot.us/img/Mario-Land-Fun.html
>>
>>319432953
funny, I'm actually working on a similar game boy project as a learning experience
>>
May I ask what game boy game it is?
>>
>>319434547
I don't want to get cd'd before its out but I can say that it's one of the worst games in the series.
>>
I'm a retard what does CD'd mean?
>>
>>319435943
Not him, but it's a cease and desist.

"I don't like how you're working hard on something, so here's a letter saying 'stop it'."
>>
Ah ok thank you for letting me know
>>
>>319436185
Essentially, it's an act used against people who are making fan works for money or not that legally requires they stop production immediately or face potential lawsuits and/or fines.
In the case of for money, it's literal competition whereas in the case of free works, it is seen as an alternative to their works that would lead to some people not buying their work.
>>
>>319432953
AM2R is shaping up to be my favorite 2D Metroid.
The guy needs to fucking finish it though.
>>
>>319436185
More like

"You are using my own copurighted assets for making money out of it, so stop now or we'll take legal actions"

If the thing does not involve money, then nothing happens. Unless the company is a dick, see Capcom with the fanmade RE4 HD pack.
>>
I remember a kid icarus remake called super kid icarus I have no idea where you get it though or if it is any good
>>
>>319432953
got this far before dying and I have to say its amazing, it really captures the spirit of the original while fixing the shitty controls. Also the music is spectacular.
>>
>>319434547
Nigger read the OP.
>>
File: fucktheseboulder.png (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fucktheseboulder.png
91 KB, 1920x1080
>>319440894
forgot img
>>
File: Street fighter2012 ISHYGDDT.jpg (557 KB, 770x538) Image search: [Google]
Street fighter2012 ISHYGDDT.jpg
557 KB, 770x538
this
>>
Open Red Alert
Command and Conquer: Renegade X
Open X-Com
Open X-Com Terror from the Deep
>>
>>319435704
Are you kidding? It and its sequel are widely regarded as two of the best games in the series.
>>
>>319437478
it's a race to see what we get first, AM2R or a brand new 2d metroid
>>
>>319432953
Don't you know you can't discuss ran remakes/games/mods on /v/ without anybody going full autist?

Streets of Rage remake is probably the best fanmade remake for any game. They packed it full of shit only for Sega to shut it down a few days after it was uploaded.
>>
File: 1449040508783.png (214 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1449040508783.png
214 KB, 900x600
>>319437478
This. I donated $15 to the project and it's an absolute blast to play. Gonna give more when it's finished.
>>
>>319441626
They had the chance to finally give the great metroid designs in the manual the on-screen detail that they deserve, and instead they chose to redesign them to be less detailed, more boring and sterile, and overall less horrifying? These guys are hacks.
>>
>>319441072
Could you link the game?
>>
>>319442743
i dont think you are ready for the radness of it
>>
I wish the chrono trigger remake happened
>>
>>319442404
To me it's a lot more horrifying to see a Zeta Metroid flick away my super missiles in AM2R rather than soak them up in the original. Have you seen this new boss on hard mode?

(Skip to 1:29:45)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIfPKdf39I

They are anything but hacks and that's just one bit of the new stuff they added and tweaked.
>>
>>319432953
Ultima 5 and 6 remakes on the Dungeon Sige engine.

They are fucking great
>>
>>319443537
I was only referring to the metroids' visual appearance. They are visually less horrifying than the manual's art because of design changes.
>>
>>319443985
Well I like it. It's the best Metroid game I've played since Corruption and I see the Metroid's colors become darker as a reflection of subterranean nature as they grow and evolve deeper within SR-388. Each one is more challenging than the original Metroid II versions as well, whether it's a smaller hitbox for their membrane or just new moves such as the Zetas spitting acid and charging forward.
>>
>>319441204
he's working on a pokemon red&blue remake
>>
>>319440894
>the music is spectacular
I just played it a bit and the music seems pretty shit. Subpar midi versions of the originals. They don't even loop right; the songs fade out and then start over every couple minutes. I hate that shit.

I'm thinking about making my own custom soundtrack for it, either from my own hardware recordings of the original GB version or from the 1989 remix soundtrack CD. The game's songs are just stored in basic OGG files, so it should be a breeze to replace.
>>
>>319444656
Are you the game's author?
>>
>>319438379
Except Nintendo has been going nuclear on free rom hacks and such so it's entirely possible.
>>
>>319445964
No, just a Metroid fan who finally played a good one since the terrible Other M and disappointment of Federations Force's announcement.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.