[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do the majority of the people that regularly watch twitch streamers,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: sub.jpg (2 KB, 194x48) Image search: [Google]
sub.jpg
2 KB, 194x48
do the majority of the people that regularly watch twitch streamers, subscribe to them, donate to them, buy their merch, etc. have mental issues?

serious question
>>
>>319430965

>HAHA WHOA HI BONGLORD WELCOME TO THE FIFI FAMILY XD
>HAHA YEA GUYS LET ME TALK ABOUT MY REAL LIFE
>WHOA DONT FORGET TO BUY MY MERCH~
>>
File: 34467547456.png (394 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
34467547456.png
394 KB, 1024x1024
>>319430965
Some people aren't poor like you OP so they can spend some extra money on supporting what they like.
>>
>>319430965
I donate to that bro team.twitch.tv guy because of his secretary
>>
no not at all

im actually into findom myself
>>
File: 1425055272849s.jpg (3 KB, 109x124) Image search: [Google]
1425055272849s.jpg
3 KB, 109x124
no, just loneliness and desperation for attention, sure some might be mentally ill, but that is everywhere
>>
>>319431287
Some people live in the most expensive country in the fucking world (NYC), so we can't afford to shit our money away like you filthy hut-dwellers.
>>
you wanna help me out guys? Gonna try to stream just cause 3 twitch for degas93
>>
File: 1408641171294.png (11 KB, 307x462) Image search: [Google]
1408641171294.png
11 KB, 307x462
>>319431471
>findom

Being dominated by Finnish people is your fetish?
>>
>>319431287
>spending money to watch other people play video games

Never go full retard.
>>
>>319430965
I'm only subscribed to Broteam's because the subscriber scream is a complete clusterfuck
>>
>>319431528
>The burger doesn't know about Norway
>>
>>319431637
>Spending money to watch other people pretend to be someone else on camera
Literally who does that?
>>
>>319431528
since when nyc is a country u fucking kek no wonder why are a poorfag
>>
>>319431528

>NYC
>Country

Makes sense that you can't afford anything with your abysmal knowledge of what a city or country is. Few grey cells short of a brain.
>>
>>319431637
>spending money on games
thats more retarded
>>
>>319431287

>spend money
>stream
>free to watch

what exactly do you like about the stream?

do you like that the streamer is good at the game?

do you like his/her personality?

i am just questioning the reasoning behind people who are twitch fanatics
>>
>>319431637

>spending money to watch other people play an instrument/sing/play sports/etc.

It's okay, anon, we're all full retards.
>>
What do you get if you subscribe to someone? All I know is you get emotes for chat, but is that really all?
>>
>>319432024

>playing instrument/sing/play sports/etc

what are talents

>implying twitch game streamers are talented

95% of streamers are just exploiting it because lonely depressed children and manchildren are willing to watch and give them money

supply/demand
>>
File: 1434198456209.jpg (49 KB, 581x593) Image search: [Google]
1434198456209.jpg
49 KB, 581x593
>le epic every streamer is the same and only started streaming for the money meme

never change /v/
>>
>>319430965
How to buy a friend for only $4.99 per month!

>OH HEY THERE ANON GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN!
>>
>>319432113

you get the feeling that they are your surrogate friend

oh and anxiety
>>
I gave a buck to Helenalive. I'm starting to feel bad for her.
>>
>>319432438

>go on twitch
>click random stream
>scroll down
>"donate here"
>>
>>319432438
Even small chances have donate buttons,
>>
>>319432438
Most of them actually are, yeah. Back when livestream was a thing, it was fun to have little communities and watch each other play video games. Now, everyone has the underlying intention of doing it to get popular or famous.

The people who have a fanbase don't need to worry about money, because eventually it'll come. The people who start a new stream are clearly doing it for some sort of gain rather than to "stream videos for just my friends!"

Nobody does it for their friends, so tell me another reason why someone would stream
>>
the law
>>
>>319432373

>what are talents

what is objective

Some people who play video games are highly talented at what they do, but it's okay for people to go spend money on watching people play football, or read a fucking poem because that's socially acceptable. Fact is, Twitch has stigma because it's video games. Sooner people like you get over it, the quicker you might start enjoying things.
>>
I'd subscribe to this Earthbound speedrunner. Dude is a total bro. But he's Mormon and actively resists donations and getting a sub button.
>>
>>319432554
>I gave a buck to Helenalive. I'm starting to feel bad for her.
>feel bad for someone I don't know. :(
Is she homeless and her family all died last week?
No?
Then nothing to fucking feel bad about cuk.
>>
I only stream because i like when people watch me. I'm not really looking to make money and I've probably only had 19 lifetime viewers. Thats enough for me.
>>
>>319430965
I think with very small-time streamers, with small groups of regulars, it's more like friendly support.

I don't know about the large ones. You could try to lay the blame at the people giving the money, being idiots or having issues. But the bigger thing is that there is a culture surrounding twitch streaming as a job. People like to be apart of things, so if they like watching twitch they are going to like being apart of what is probably the dominant culture in it. They aren't consciously thinking that when they donate, it's just the subconscious force that removes the barrier to donating.

As degenerate as /v/ likes to make out twitch streaming, I sometimes pause and wonder about comparison with non-gaming ventures like donation supported podcasts and popular educational video channels that use patreon, subbable, and so on. Why do we feel twitch so much more cancerous?
>>
>>319433081

aww boohoo anon, someone gave someone a dollar and you need them to justify it to you :(

bless you child
>>
>>319433081
Bad in a sense that she gets ripped in to for the entirety of streams, not her financial situation.
>>
>>319431528
You spend 3k a month on rent but can't afford 5 bucks a month ?
Sounds like you shouldn't be living in NYC
>>
No I can assure you that people do not subscribe to twitch streamers.

I have no idea what they are, but they aren't people.
>>
>>319433029

>Some people who play video games are highly talented at what they do

the keyword is SOME not ALL, not all streamers are talented at playing games

playing video games isn't socially acceptable?

your analogy and the points you make are ridiculous
>>
>>319433329
you are a grade A cuk my friend

>look at this poor girl getting ripped to shreds while making money doing it, oh the horror

im sure she has a gun to her head, right?
>>
I tried to tip the mailman and he refused.

That is a real man with a real job these man child "streamers" will never be.
>>
>>319433568

And yet you failed to refute or discuss any of them. All you did was "hurr ur stupid". That's you. That's what you sound like.

So fucking what if some are talented? That's not the keyword at all here. Do you even know what you're trying to argue about? Wew lad
>>
>>319433616
>I tried to tip the mailman
The american dream
>>
Don't be mad because someone else figured out a way to profit of their gaming habit, while you continue to do nothing about it.
>>
>>319433785

first of all, nobody said it's not okay

it's okay to put racing fuel in your 2001 honda civic, but people will still call you a retard for it

the fact is that regular twitch streamers are not watching for the TALENT of the video game streamers
>>
>>319433942

i am not mad at all

matter of fact i personally cannot do what they do

gaming is not a habit of mine, it's a hobby... it's not my job and i am thankful for that

being a full time twitch streamer is not even healthy mentally or physically, i am pretty sure they have high anxiety levels and get little exercise

i have a job where i can actually be myself and have real interactions and communicate with real life people
>>
File: 1310672235781.jpg (47 KB, 396x386) Image search: [Google]
1310672235781.jpg
47 KB, 396x386
>>319431207
>FIFI FAMILY
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.