[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ I have a wife. She is not into gaming all that much, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: O73mA6F.gif (2 MB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
O73mA6F.gif
2 MB, 250x229
/v/ I have a wife. She is not into gaming all that much, but this year on her xmas list she asked for "games." Now the only gaming platforms available to her are an Android Phone (shit tier) and PC (windows 10, i3 2120, 8gb RAM, R7 260X).

In the past, here are the games she's played and loved:
- minecraft
- portal 1 & 2
- dungeons of dredmor
- sims 3
- gauntlet (all of them)
- ff7
- civ V

what games out there can I get her for her phone or PC that /v/ recommends? I'm excited, but having trouble thinking of something that will surprise and delight her.
>>
>>319429138
Seems like she has pretty good taste.
Maybe Vampire the Masquerade? But you're better off pirating that. FFVI is pretty much the same as FFVII but same problem. Maybe she'd like like half life?
>>
Emulate Xenoblade Chronicles and Earthbound.
>>
>>319429138
if she liked minecraft she'll probably like teraria
>>
>>319429468
I will look into VtM. I'm 100% certain she'd love HL and HL2 even more, but I have a huge problem getting her into it because she's naturally averse to anything that seems like a "difficult shooter"

(even though she's now completed portal with my help and also is a pro at gauntlet, wtf)
>>
>>319430171
Talos Principle is a good puzzle, Portal-y game. It helped my sister learn M&K controls.
>>
>>319430383
that does look good, that's an excellent contender, thanks.

I know it's hard for us older gamers to understand or accept, but she's turned off by older graphics even if she won't admit it herself, so pretty games like Talos already have a leg up over similar but older titles, I think.
>>
How did you marry a dog?
>>
>>319431327
dog was meant to represent my excitement... but if we have to go there, all women are bitches, right anon?
>>
>>319429641
This.
Terraria's a pretty great game to play together.
>>
>>319429138
legend of grimrock
shadows over mystara
endless legend
>>
>>319429138
Maybe Talos principle if she loved Portal. But it is a bit more serious than Portal and sometimes even depressing. But it is a great great game.

Endless space if you are both into Civ-like games.
>>
>>319431458
I started playing terraria myself and honestly I was pretty disappointed. What is this, 2D minecraft? I'd rather play King Arthur's Gold.

>>319431653
hilariously enough I already own a game very similar to grimrock and I actually own the steam version of shadows over mystara... she's totally uninterested in either. endless legend is worth looking into though, thanks.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.