[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >rich nice parents. >i say i wanted to build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: cantwakeup.png (119 KB, 600x471) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.png
119 KB, 600x471
>be me
>rich nice parents.
>i say i wanted to build my own pc from my money
>they buy me a 2k alienware laptop that can't even play fallout new vegas at 30fps on my resolution for birthday
>have to pretend i love it and its amazing pretty much forever
>get myself an awful wireless mouse from tesco or whatever for like a pound
>come home one day they bought me these weird super expensive beats headphones and a new generation ipod
>fallout 4 comes out and they buy me it
>computer can barely run it, obviously
>dad walks past and sees me playing risk of rain
>asks why im not playing my new fallout game, seems sad
>play fallout new vegas with at a lower resolution
>have to pretend it's Fo4
>mom overheard me talking to friends on discord and saying my computer cant run so many new games
>she's so shocked and like actually upset
>have to pretend i was just talking it down so they wouldnt feel bad for being poor

save me from this irony based hell

also new vegas is sick af anyway
>>
This shit better be bait

fucking underage
>>
>>319426425
You won't get anywhere in life if you don't stand up for what you want. Try to explain them why you feel like that and try to make them feel inserted in a way that they can do something to help resolve the situation.
I feel a bit bad for you but stop being so fucking beta.
>>
>>319426752

My parents kicked me out when I tried doing this.
>>
>>319426690
I'm 18.
I failed one year of school.
>>
Weird story dude
Should have just told them the truth at the beginning, thanked them a lot, and given them a big hug and kiss before asking if they kept the receipt so that you can make a PC that works.
>>
>>319426819
Maybe it was better for you to move out then.
>>
>>319426819
how can you get kicked out if a kick is just a word?
>>
>>319426819
Your parents are shit. It's probably better you don't live with them.
>>
Why don't you just replace the parts in your PC? Your parents won't notice anything.
>>
>>319426752
I told them once I wanted to go to a public school instead of a private academy and my mother went like full therapy cry mode cause she said she failed me all my life

they are fragile people
>>
ask em for two titan x's dude
>>
>>319427023
I wish, but it's a laptop
>>
>>319427093
Move out as soon as you can. It's the best both for you and them. Don't let them dictate your life through emotional persuasion. Even if they do not realize it, they may be setting you up for a shitty life. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>319427187
Ah yes that's a problem.

Well, I don't know man. Pretend someone stole it or anything. Sell it and buy another.
>>
>>319426425
Say it's pretty old right now, and you really need an upgrade, in the meantime buy a new PC, so they can't gift you a new shitty one.
>>
>>319427187

You can still upgrade parts in a laptop but it is much harder due to soldering, especially in models like Alienwares.

If you have a local PC shop, they might be able to do it for you, depends on the laptop though.
>>
>>319427353
Yeah I was planning to do this in a few years when they might think their dream machine isn't perfect anymore.

Problem is I don't get to handle any of my money, and they went to a computer guy who "custom made it as good as possible!" last time which includes a fucking turbo button or something they kept going on about.
>>
PFF. Wait 6 months, say you want to build a desktop pc as a "learning experience" and never have this problem again
>>
Gotta be bait. My 2 yrs old asus laptop that cost like $600 can run new vegas at least 60fps on mid-high.
>tfw 60fps at low on MGSV
>at least it still look better than ps3
>>
Accepting personal blogs neo-/v/?
>>
>>319427820
Yep. My mother's shitty HP Pavillion can run New Vegas, OP is a shitter
>>
File: Internals_Giz.jpg (618 KB, 1280x703) Image search: [Google]
Internals_Giz.jpg
618 KB, 1280x703
>>319426425
you have an alienware, so you can get an e-gpu add-on to increase performance.
>>
>>319426838
When I completed high school I was 16

Underage bait
>>
File: 1448222947140.jpg (85 KB, 500x553) Image search: [Google]
1448222947140.jpg
85 KB, 500x553
>tfw both my brothers lived with my parents until they were 30

it's so good being the best relatively
>>
>>319428212
Last year of college in the UK.

Which I don't know what the comparison is, but it's like sixth form over here.

I have to submit all my university application stuff right now for context
>>
>>319428212
he could be in sixth form or something
>>
>>319427187
You might be able to just rip the pieces out and put them in a tower and go from there.
>>
>>319428212
>europoors
>>
>>319428365
>implying
Either he's retarded or in some retarded country. Most countries have mandatory school until 18.
>>
File: えらいね.jpg (34 KB, 472x375) Image search: [Google]
えらいね.jpg
34 KB, 472x375
>mom says mentions baneposting
>>
>>319428606
what
is that supposed to be nic cage the pedo guy from jojo
>>
>>319428445
I'm from Brazil.

Uh, my story is something like this: My mother put me in school at the second half of the year (school starts at February here) just so I could get used to it, I was supposed to really be at school one year and six months later actually. But by the end of the year I already knew how to read and write while the other kids who were 1.5 years older than me and were there since the beginning of the year couldn't, so the teacher told her to just let me continue normally as it'd be a waste to keep me stuck there.

And that is how I finished high school while 16.
>>
>>319428445
depending on your birthday you can finish as a 17 year old
>>
>>319428864
>>319428365
See? Not an European. Suck it Amerifat.
>>319429147
Oh yeah, true. Forgot about that. Doesn't make that much of a difference though.
>>
>>319426425
If they are rich just explain them the situation. You can always keep that computer for travels.
>>
File: 1448170468423.jpg (140 KB, 571x526) Image search: [Google]
1448170468423.jpg
140 KB, 571x526
>>319429245
a-alright anon... i-i'll suck it
>>
File: Nice Meme.webm (306 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
Nice Meme.webm
306 KB, 420x300
>>319426425
>>be me
>>
>>319426425
aww, poor boy, how are you supposed to play your games now :((((
>>
>>319426425
>not being able to be honest

booo you retard, maybe if you said it outright they would be able to return it and buy you something better
>>
>>319426752

>2009
>house starts getting bugs
>roaches infesting the kitchen at night, countertops literally moving
>tell dad
>dismisses it and blames everyone else for it
>4 years go by
>house completely infested
>dad finally tired of it
>tell him I told him so
>explodes and kicks me out of house
>move 30 miles south to Miami so they won't bother getting on I95 to see me because Miami Traffic
>2 years later, dad still hasn't tented house
>bugs fucking everywhere
>torment him about it all the time until he forces me to leave
>tell him if it's they're not gone by 2016 I'm moving my mom out of the house

Parents are dumb.
>>
>>319426425
>>be me
Stopped reading there, go back to /b/ you fucking cancer
>>
>>319426838
>actually managing to fail a year of school

holy shit, no wonder this place is so shit, its full of retards
>>
>>319426425

Nigger what the fuck is wrong with you

How hard is it to explain that you really appreciate it, but alienware is a ripoff and they're better off returning it and buying parts? Do you lack basic communication skills?
>>
>>319426425
You stupid little faggot, did it not occur to you that if you had told them it was no good they would have taken it back and got something that ran at least? You're obviously a bedwetting little prick, this is the sort of thing an 8 year old would do and it would be cute, for you it's pathetic.
>>
>>319426425
I want an Oompa Loompa and I want it NOW!
Grow up, I'm stuck with just a phone because my PC is so old it has literally 512 mb of RAM.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.