[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fall from great height in the water >you don't die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1442873019711.jpg (18 KB, 396x386) Image search: [Google]
1442873019711.jpg
18 KB, 396x386
>fall from great height in the water
>you don't die
>>
>>319426038
>getting wet will kill you
u wot m8
>>
I love that shit. I remember that in Twilight Princess you can go up a really high mountain and see a small lake all the way down there and just jump. More games should have long fucking falls that lead into magic physics bending water IMO
>>
>>319426038
>From great height into a shollow pool of water
>you don't die or receive fall damage
>>
>>319426165
depends how you fall it can kill you
also from how high too
i'm gonna assume op talks about GTA/just cause since its the only games i can think where you can jump from a considerable high zone
>>
>>319426165
Water acts pretty much as though it was solid if you impact with high enough velocity

It's possible to survive very high falls (high enough to reach terminal velocity), but that requires proper technique (slowing down your fall and straightening out feet first just before the impact) and is likely to injure you anyway. People tend to die when falling/jumping from heights like the Golden Gate Bridge that is a very common suicide spot (if not "instantly", from internal bleeding or being too injured to do anything but to drown or die from hypothermia soon after).
>>
>Take damage
>Go underwater and resurface to heal fully
>>
>>319426403
You can die of height fall in the water in Just Cause 2 though
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 720x858) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 720x858
>>319426038
>jump from a high place into water but your character dies before reaching the bottom
>>
>jump into water from height
>bones turn to sand
>>
>>319428702
>your character keeps falling through the water until you reach the bottom
>>
>any source game
>fall 100 feet into 1 inch of water
>take no damage
>>
>>319428265
A paper on the subject: http://www.faa.gov/data_research/research/med_humanfacs/oamtechreports/1960s/media/AM65-12.pdf
>>
File: 1406709987438.png (415 KB, 1255x1057) Image search: [Google]
1406709987438.png
415 KB, 1255x1057
>shoot projectile out of water
>it speeds up when it hits air
>>
>>319426403
you forgot Half Life and other source games

>land on a inch on water and live
>>
>>319426403
Yeah, according to >>319429769 the position seems to affect chances of survival much more than any other factor

Height of fall affects the odds of survival in terms of velocity. However, with sufficiently high falls you'd reach terminal velocity (drag equals gravity and there won't be further acceleration) and that depends a lot on the position. According to http://hypertextbook.com/facts/JianHuang.shtml standard diving position with outstretched arms and legs has terminal velocity of about 50m/s while skydivers really trying to go fast can get close to 300m/s.

If you managed to keep your speed at that 50m/s and then straighten out at the last moment, any height of fall would technically be survivable. Hitting the water in any other position or much faster than that regardless of position would make you go splat.
>>
>falling from great height
>shoot grappling hook at the ground and pull yourself towards it even faster
>take no damage.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.